Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 14: November 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love red on Mary but the way she tied the coat(and material the coat is made of) gives it a bathrobe feel. Plus, I am really not a fan of turtlenecks on Mary. They age her to me.

Nothing special, cut of the coat reminds me bathrobe. I prefer bigger hats on Mary. Nice colors.
this is exactly what I thought about this coat,the cut and belt make it a bathrobe and she already has a nicer red coat that she wore for the opening of parliament.Letizia also has a bath robe coat in off white colour:lol: but I realy think small hats looks lovely on Mary.

Last edited:
I liked the red and black combination but thought the coat looked bulky, especially the lapels and belt. The hat looked smart and chic, even though I think Mary looks better in larger hats, and the side wave to her hair was very pretty.

Last edited:
I really like the colours and the accessories, but there is something about this look that feels really 'closed up'. I'm not quite sure, is it the high turtleneck or the black stockings?

Red is not an easy shade to "pull off", however Mary does it superbly. I really do love this coat.

Last edited:
That red goes beautifully with Mary's coloring, and it could be the turtleneck that gives it a covered-up look. Maybe a soft cowl neckline would have softened the appearance.

Last edited:
iceflower said:
:previous:

Today it's red and black :)

Crown Princess Mary naming a new frigate at the shipyard of Odense on November 7, 2011,
looking lovely in a red coat and black accessoires:

** Full view ** Side view ** Close up **

Now that is how you wear a red coat in my opinion.....Mary looks chic, sophisticated and Princess like :)

I find the coat very heavy-looking. It should be worn with boots not shoes.
The hat and make-uo are lovely.

All I meant was Mary's red-coat-black-tights-black-shoes combo was a little too close after Kate's similar combo in Copenhagen, and frankly it just doesn't feel like Mary's usual style. It feels a little forced or last-minute.

I love Mary's red coat. The black accesories were a lovely complement. I thought Kate's boots were brown suede.

All I meant was Mary's red-coat-black-tights-black-shoes combo was a little too close after Kate's similar combo in Copenhagen, and frankly it just doesn't feel like Mary's usual style. It feels a little forced or last-minute.

Which part of it is not her usual style?

She has several hats in the same style, she has worn the turtle-neck several times and she had a very similar coat in a different colour years ago.

Last edited:

Crown Princess Mary naming a new frigate at the shipyard of Odense on November 7, 2011,

Mary was really elegant, she looks fine in red. The coat is lovely and I also like the black headpiece

Mary looks great, I love her hat.

Really!!!! :lol:I beg to differ...Mary wore a red coat with black stockings and shoes on February 1, 2007!!!!!!!!!!!:whistling::whistling:
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2007/07020105.jpg
So CP Mary wore a red coat a loooooooooooong time before the Duchess of Cambridge wore one!
Maybe Catherine researched CP Mary's style and chose a red coat to imitate Mary! LOL!!! (just joking)! But seriously, anybody can wear a red coat!

Last edited:
I agree, Terri...red coat and black everything else is a classic combo...no-one has any claim to 'the look'...but all this Mary/Kate comparison was probably a case of bad timing/or worn too soon after the Cambridges visit...or maybe Mary knew exactly what she was doing and subscribed to the old adage 'any publicity is good publicity' ;) Make all the comparisons you want (press/forums) but I know I do it (wear red coats) better (so says Mary)... :) Good on her!

The red trench is fantastic, a great coat and Mary is slim enough to wear such a coat.
Her Hair and hat also look terrific.
For the record, i thought her outfit for the UNICEF visit could have been even more understated, for example, a pantsuit, in the fabric that she wore for the pants. The harsh looking jacket looked to me as if she had just looked around and found something. Catherine's coat and especially belt, looked really crazy imo.

Mary's red coat is by Diane Von Frustenburg Fall/Winter 2011 collection
I really think its a pretty coat, very in season and a classic piece to any wardrobe IMO. I like the little hat with the look. Overall is simple and just what this event needed.

The DvF coat also comes in cream - Leighton Meester wore the cream version on the set of Gossip Girl on October 28th.

Leighton Meester ** Princess Mary

Both colours look really elegant - a great winter wardrobe staple.

As the outfits have been compared in a way, I have to say that I definitely prefer Mary's red coat to Kate's red coat. Mary didn't put a an ugly/outdated/tacky looking belt to her coat like Kate did and I think this shade of red is absolutely right and flattering for her. Overall I really like this outfit (one of Mary's best outfits this year, IMO) and I thought her hat looked cute.

Crown Princess Mary at the opening of an exhibition in Copenhagen, today, November 9, 2011
wearing a nice white female suit in combination with a big scarf in different shades of grey
- looks good!

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

The DvF coat also comes in cream - Leighton Meester wore the cream version on the set of Gossip Girl on October 28th.

Leighton Meester ** Princess Mary

Both colours look really elegant - a great winter wardrobe staple.

That cream outfit is beautiful, I think Mary would suit that too. :flowers:

Crown Princess Mary at the opening of an exhibition in Copenhagen, today, November 9, 2011
wearing a nice white female suit in combination with a big scarf in different shades of grey
- looks good!

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Again lovely and sophisticated outfit for Mary. :)

Very nice outfit on Mary. Love the scarf.

The blue/grey suit is lovely on her the scarf nice but cannot decide if I like it here.

I don't like that this big scarf covers the jacket. But suit is nice, I like the color. She wore one of my favorite earrings belonging to her.

I like the suit and the scarf. She is looking very good.

The suit is Prada, very classy. Mary looks great, not liking the choice of snakeskin shoes though.

I agree with Daria_S ! The suit and the big scarf is very nice and suits her. She looks lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom