Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 13: August 2011 - November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not really a fan of the shirt either but I will say this...it (the flowy, voluminous top) combined with the straight, pencil skirt really accentuates her thinness...so although I find the top odd and not one of my personal favourite it is very flattering to Mary's (already narrow) hips ;)
I was lucky enough to see them get out of the car to go to the restaurant, and you are right, she looked STICK thin, really as thin as that model who models the skirt but doesn't have it so tight. Also, the outfit really was not that appropriate for that area of the city or time of day. Notice the mother of the two girls if you can from my terrible pictures, she has more of a downtown look which Mary could have gravitated towards.:)

Attachments

• M&F Tribeca 001.jpg
    M&F Tribeca 001.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 209
  • M&F Tribeca 005.jpg
    M&F Tribeca 005.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 205
But maybe that was the point...Mary didn't wear 'Downtown' black like everyone else so she stood out...or maybe she was advised (by her security) to wear something highly visual so they could keep an eye on her...

I was not trying to suggest she wear black, just that the silks and satins and stilletos weren't in keeping with the style of the area she was visiting. The nubbier (and warmer!) fabrics worn by all the other women there and expecially their footwear!!! The streets of SoHO are a former indutrial warehouse district with cobblestones, etc which is why so many of the posters have been chuckling over her choice in footwear!

She is a royal, and making a public appearance representing the royal family. I think she looks fine. Jeans would not cut it here.

I was not trying to suggest she wear black, just that the silks and satins and stilletos weren't in keeping with the style of the area she was visiting. The nubbier (and warmer!) fabrics worn by all the other women there and expecially their footwear!!! The streets of SoHO are a former indutrial warehouse district with cobblestones, etc which is why so many of the posters have been chuckling over her choice in footwear!

I completely agree with you. She looks a little out of place, and those shoes look like death traps. I've walked down some rather messy and uneven pavement in NYC, and was grateful that I had sneakers or other flat shoes on. Perhaps a nice pair of slacks with a button-down shirt, a nice blazer and a pair of flats would have been a better choice (and would have kept her a lot warmer too).

The tanned skirt is lovely and I do like the length. The top is nice and simple which works well with the skirt. I really like how she styled her hair, she did something with it but didn't over do it.

I was not trying to suggest she wear black, just that the silks and satins and stilletos weren't in keeping with the style of the area she was visiting.
This was the 3rd event of 4 that day, so it was not the only area they visited. After this they had the opening of a design-event. Who knows, maybe she would have worn something different, if it had been only this event.

Last edited:
I think Crown Princess Mary fashion was better this trip then last year when she was pregnant. What a figure she has! :flowers:

I give Mary a solid A. She looked great everyday (forget the unforgiving evening dress). Mary did Denmark proud on this visit.

I am realy disappointed by Mary choices in this trip.All outfits were a bit casual though maybe the events she attended were less formal or mismatched or too tight . The evening dress was a mess,the only outfit I like was the one for the football match.I'm sorry to give her B- or even C.

I didn't like her choices this trip either...It is alright to have signature styles and trademarks, which Mary has, it only becomes a problem when these signatures or trademarks become boring...I liked her assymetrical printed floral dress and the other print dress but I am over the tweed jackets and I think lack of COLOUR is my main criticism...She is from Scandinavia, home of Marimekko (Finland) and her palette for this trip was distinctly BEIGE...I would have liked to see the colours of the Dannebrog evoked, bit of red to liven up the downtown black...MAry usually does wear colour so this selection of outfits was decidedly DULL...That is all...

Despite de evening dress that was too shinny, too celebrity and too tight she was very elegant in all events...very similar after the flower dress, I also consider these events not to formal, so her choices were all right to me, those jackets were the very best pieces :flowers:!!

I was disappointed in her choices for this trip. The first dress was great, but the poor fit of the evening dress and the skirt on the last day, both WAY too tight, were really unforgiveable for a royal IMO, who would have easy access to tailors.
Colors representing either Denmark or the USA would have been a nice touch.

That's a pretty blouse with the beige skirt.

The skirt and blouse on the last day was a bilt sloopy looking IMO I thought generally speaking she wore some nice outfits just nice. Nothing standout, though I liked the silver gown and the neckline was lovely on her once the full pics are viewed it was a messy situation ,all the adjustments. She looked nice..... on tour that's all.

The choise of outfits were not spectacular, more boring. The style and the colors were boring. I didn't like any of the pants she wore - too short. I loved the shoes. The evening dress - a disaster. I was very disappointed as normaly she chooses very well in evening events. Her figure is fantastic. She could have done so much better with beautiful dresses she usually wears.

Maybe this is her mid-life crisis...She doesn't know which direction to go in, she can't dress like a 20-something anymore and is too young yet to dress like a 50-something...she is caught somewhere in between...

Maybe this is her mid-life crisis...She doesn't know which direction to go in, she can't dress like a 20-something anymore and is too young yet to dress like a 50-something...she is caught somewhere in between...

To dress like the 30 - something, early 40 would be the solution then ;)

Last edited:
This is so funny...Mary is wearing a few outfits that some posters don't like,
and from that you jump to her having a mid-life crisis....

I think she knows very well which direction she is going and what she wants to wear: outfits that she, herself likes. Like the ones in NY.

Last edited:
I couldn't have said it better if I tried, Nordic! Mary is probably the best dressed princess of all but she can't please everyone every time. Mid-life crisis... how laughable. :)

Nordic, you were one of ther posters who didn't like her outfits...So I am happy to provide the light relief and emphasise the triviality of focussing on such matters...Anytime :)

For me, this was not the best collection of daywear from Mary -- not that there was anything wrong it, I just feel very neutral about her choices. My favorite look would have to be the outfit from day 1.

Not the best wardrobe she's worn on a trip but it wasn't terrible either.

So all in all friends, what do we think of Mary's NY trip in terms of fashion... I will give her a B-. I usually love her "trips" and I did like some choices. I thought her accesories could have been better but overall it was a solid...good!

I'l give her a B. There were a few hits, and a couple misses for me. And as much as I like/appreciate a tweed jacket with an outfit, everyday, every outfit is a bit much.

Crown Princess Mary today, October 31, at the launch of this year's Christmas Seal in Copenhagen
- a nice look, right for the occasion.

** Upper part **

I love what she chose to wear. Her hair, make up and jewelry are very nice as well.

Crown Princess Mary today, October 31, at the launch of this year's Christmas Seal in Copenhagen
- a nice look, right for the occasion.

** Upper part **

No belt?! The minute I saw the cardigan and the blouse, my first thought was "And her favourite skinny belt will be there as well." :ohmy: I've always liked that skirt though.

Love the blouse & skirt. Not too crazy about the cardigan though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom