Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 13: August 2011 - November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorgeous outfit today, hair stunning, classy and elegant. Very well done.
I wish Catherine would do something else with her hair. Boring.
I never thought of Mary and Frederick as short but next to these two, they look it!!!

Last edited:
Mary was dressed totally appropriate for the occasion, she didn't want to steal the show from UNICEF and not from Kate! And if you ask me she looked way better than Kate not to mention younger but that's just my personal opinion. ;-)
You can easily tell Mary is a full decade older than Catherine....Catherine's face is a lot more youthful than Mary's!

Ummm....that's because CP Mary is 10 years older than Catherine!:ROFLMAO: And so?:whistling: Mary is the mother of 4, married for 7 yrs and has become more mature and confident in her role. Is Mary supposed to look younger? Mary looks fabulous for a woman of almost 40 who gave birth to twins almost 11 months ago!
Catherine looks older than 29 yrs! Let's see how she looks after 7 years of marriage and some children!:D

Anyhooo...!:whistling: The Daily Mail thinks that Mary and Catherine can pass for sisters!:ROFLMAO:
Side by side, Kate and her royal lookalike: Duchess's visit with Danish princess | Mail Online

Last edited:
You can easily tell Mary is a full decade older than Catherine....Catherine's face is a lot more youthful than Mary's!
well that's just your opinion, apparently I see something different than you do. The thing is Kate is old as I am and she looks way over 30 when you look at her face.

Last edited:
Both ladies are pretty, graceful, elegant and looked good in their coats. And I really don’t think women between 25 – early 40’s look that different when they take good care of themselves and are healthy.

Both Mary and Kate looked good, but I have to say that Mary's face looks a little more youthful. She surprisingly looks the same as she did on her wedding day.

Mary's face did look very soft today and fresh today; her hairstyle was very soft as well and flattering.

Mary is super attractive, intelligent and elegant. Catherine shares those qualities. When Mary is referred to as a former "estate agent," it diminishes her. She is a law graduate of a very good university and the daughter of an academic. Catherine also is extremely well educated and accomplished.

They are marvelous examples of the best of their generation. Mary has conducted herself exceedingly well since her marriage in 2004 and Catherine appears to be on a similar path. I would prefer to think of what they have in common than over examine them, in an attempt to highlight differences or unflattering comparisons.

At the UNICEF event, Mary looked appropriate, nothing over the top, not over dressed, I like the simplicity she went for but this kind of simplicity isn't her way of dressing. I just think she went to simple or tried too hard not to over do it.

Mary is super attractive, intelligent and elegant. Catherine shares those qualities. When Mary is referred to as a former "estate agent," it diminishes her. She is a law graduate of a very good university and the daughter of an academic. Catherine also is extremely well educated and accomplished.

They are marvelous examples of the best of their generation. Mary has conducted herself exceedingly well since her marriage in 2004 and Catherine appears to be on a similar path. I would prefer to think of what they have in common than over examine them, in an attempt to highlight differences or unflattering comparisons.

I agree with those comments, except for the fact the University of Tasmania is not regarded as a very good university (ranked 14/21 in Australia) and although she is a law graduate, she has not practiced as a lawyer, but rather used her commerce degree. Mary being referred to as a former real-estate agent is actually incorrect - she worked predominately in marketing and business development.

Getting back on topic - I liked business casualness of Mary - the jacket and coat combo suited, and her hair being pinned back suits her too. I loved Catherine's coat - but I love the colour red!

Hopefully the opportunity for both couples to meet means more focus can be brought onto the humanitarian crisis that exists in East Africa.

At the UNICEF event, Mary looked appropriate, nothing over the top, not over dressed, I like the simplicity she went for but this kind of simplicity isn't her way of dressing. I just think she went to simple or tried too hard not to over do it.
It is her way of dressing. She has worn these trousers with simple tops a couple of times before.

Very appropriate oufit for the occasion. I'm glad the colours weren't the other way around. If Mary had been the one in bright red, many people would have accused her of trying to grab attention...
Added: And I'm not saying Kate was trying to do that.

Last edited:
:previous: I have to admit that Mary certainly has a "softer" hand when applying make-up. Catherine has time to learn. Lets hope she looks at photo's from this trip and has a re-think. She really could do worse than taking a page out of Mary's make-up book.

That being said, I think Mary, as usual looked amazing. She and Frederik certainly seem to be growing together. I love that she has her ultra chic style and he's a stylist's nightmare . . . . and Mary doesn't care!

Mary was totally underwhelming yesterday. What a disappointing outfit for what she had to know was going to be a very high profile event. She seemed to have made very little effort which was sad.

This is a thread for Crown Princess Mary's fashion choices, not one about age, education or
certain comparisons! Thanks for your understanding!

It is her way of dressing. She has worn these trousers with simple tops a couple of times before.

Very appropriate oufit for the occasion. I'm glad the colours weren't the other way around. If Mary had been the one in bright red, many people would have accused her of trying to grab attention...
My sentiments exactly! Crown Princess Mary was very appropriately dressed because the event being attended and the cause being highlighted was more important than what she was wearing!:flowers:
We all know that Crown Princess Mary can dress very glamorously when the occasion warrants it. This UNICEF event was not that occasion. :) CP Mary has been to the Horn of Africa and witnessed the devastation personally....and she made a decision to dress in a way so that the event would not be reduced to just what she and the Duchess of Cambridge wore.
There will be plenty of future opportunities to dress up for show! The Australian Official Tour will be in the next couple of weeks!

Last edited:
Mary was totally underwhelming yesterday. What a disappointing outfit for what she had to know was going to be a very high profile event. She seemed to have made very little effort which was sad.

So because it was a 'high profile event' (only because the media and publis made it so), she was supposed to wear what exactly? Tiara and a gown? :whistling:
She dressed appropriate for the occasion, and if she'd turned up in thousands of pounds worth of clothes she would have been ripped to shreds considering the event, IMO. There are posters on this board that say the women should have turned up in jeans and t-shirts to actually make a better point of why they were there.

So because it was a 'high profile event' (only because the media and publis made it so), she was supposed to wear what exactly? Tiara and a gown? :whistling:
She dressed appropriate for the occasion, and if she'd turned up in thousands of pounds worth of clothes she would have been ripped to shreds considering the event, IMO. There are posters on this board that say the women should have turned up in jeans and t-shirts to actually make a better point of why they were there.

What's with the sneering sarcasm? Where did I suggest that Mary should have worn a tiara and gown? Am I not allowed to state my opinion?

There's a significant difference between dressing powerfully and making a statement and simply wearing expensive clothes. The colleagues I work with make more of an effort on a daily basis than Mary appeared to yesterday when it looked like she reached for the most uninspiring combination she could find. Kate at least looked like she'd really thought about it and made an effort. It would have been a complete insult to Unicef and the cause they were championing for anyone to turn up in jeans yesterday.

This was supposed to be a working visit to promote a charity organisation,not a red-carpet event! Mary did very well by chosing an understated,business-like outfit that doesn´t look too flashy.
Of course her outfit was not that exciting or glamourous as some of her other looks,but she was dressed appropriately for the occasion and she looked very attractive and elegant.

Mary was the worst underdressed of the party, her husband seemed to put more thought into his attire than Mary. Catherine may have went overboard, but Mary equally went ....underboard?

The Crown Princess clearly made a decision to be understated. And it was a wise decision. She was perfectly well groomed and attired, just in a very subdued colour palette. What if they both had worn colours that "radiated" like Kate's outfit? It would have seemed that they were competing. I thought that Mary used great judgement in being sure that at least one of them would be understated.

It probably takes Mary more effort to look 'underwhelming' than the reverse...Looking spectacular I think comes naturally considering her wardrobe resources, this 'disappointing' outfit must have taken days of agonising and deliberating and perhaps even some stomping and hair tearing...Mary just makes it look easy! :ermm:

What's with the sneering sarcasm? Where did I suggest that Mary should have worn a tiara and gown? Am I not allowed to state my opinion?

Where did I say you did mention tiaras and gowns? Those words came from me. :) Of course you're allowed to state your opinion, equally I am allowed to state why I disagree with said opinion. :flowers:

It would have been a complete insult to Unicef and the cause they were championing for anyone to turn up in jeans yesterday.

I disagree that it would have been a complete insult because it would have actually looked like they were doing something more than smiling to raise money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom