The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
So because it was a 'high profile event' (only because the media and publis made it so), she was supposed to wear what exactly? Tiara and a gown?
She dressed appropriate for the occasion, and if she'd turned up in thousands of pounds worth of clothes she would have been ripped to shreds considering the event, IMO. There are posters on this board that say the women should have turned up in jeans and t-shirts to actually make a better point of why they were there.
What's with the sneering sarcasm? Where did I suggest that Mary should have worn a tiara and gown? Am I not allowed to state my opinion?

There's a significant difference between dressing powerfully and making a statement and simply wearing expensive clothes. The colleagues I work with make more of an effort on a daily basis than Mary appeared to yesterday when it looked like she reached for the most uninspiring combination she could find. Kate at least looked like she'd really thought about it and made an effort. It would have been a complete insult to Unicef and the cause they were championing for anyone to turn up in jeans yesterday.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Mary was totally underwhelming yesterday. What a disappointing outfit for what she had to know was going to be a very high profile event. She seemed to have made very little effort which was sad.
This was supposed to be a working visit to promote a charity organisation,not a red-carpet event! Mary did very well by chosing an understated,business-like outfit that doesn´t look too flashy.
Of course her outfit was not that exciting or glamourous as some of her other looks,but she was dressed appropriately for the occasion and she looked very attractive and elegant.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mary was the worst underdressed of the party, her husband seemed to put more thought into his attire than Mary. Catherine may have went overboard, but Mary equally went ....underboard?
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 11-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Nobility

The Crown Princess clearly made a decision to be understated. And it was a wise decision. She was perfectly well groomed and attired, just in a very subdued colour palette. What if they both had worn colours that "radiated" like Kate's outfit? It would have seemed that they were competing. I thought that Mary used great judgement in being sure that at least one of them would be understated.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Mary was totally underwhelming yesterday. What a disappointing outfit for what she had to know was going to be a very high profile event. She seemed to have made very little effort which was sad.
It probably takes Mary more effort to look 'underwhelming' than the reverse...Looking spectacular I think comes naturally considering her wardrobe resources, this 'disappointing' outfit must have taken days of agonising and deliberating and perhaps even some stomping and hair tearing...Mary just makes it look easy!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
What's with the sneering sarcasm? Where did I suggest that Mary should have worn a tiara and gown? Am I not allowed to state my opinion?
Where did I say you did mention tiaras and gowns? Those words came from me. Of course you're allowed to state your opinion, equally I am allowed to state why I disagree with said opinion.

Quote:
It would have been a complete insult to Unicef and the cause they were championing for anyone to turn up in jeans yesterday.
I disagree that it would have been a complete insult because it would have actually looked like they were doing something more than smiling to raise money.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The new thread can be found here

Closed Thread