The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Majesty

A very classy outfit!I love the shoes.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Courtier

oooohhhh I love this top. Very pretty, perfectly paired with a fitted skirt. Lovely.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The top doesnt look very flattering on Mary, the skirt & shoes look great.

Mary shopping at Saks in the same jacket as previous day, but this time with better suited pants and flats, great outfit.
http://i.imgur.com/Ok4Qk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CWKcp.jpg

Mary & Fred taking a stroll in Soho
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/D...1gmw5mQixl.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/D...DnsBLPw4Sl.jpg
Old 10-25-2011, 07:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Mary shopping at Saks in the same jacket as previous day, but this time with better suited pants and flats, great outfit.
This was after the Greenmarket event, so it's the same outfit, but she changed to flats.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Crown Princess Mary in New York today, October 24, wearing a white blouse and a beige/light
brown skirt. I like the colour combination, but not the cut of that blouse.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **
This outfit is from Designers Remix Spring/Summer 2012 Collection:

http://content.copenhagenfashionweek...3124912382.jpg

Something about how the skirt sits on Princess Mary makes it look like she's pregnant. On the model, the skirt is a bit loose.
Princess Mary Pictures - HRH Crown Prince Frederik & Princess Mary Attend The Opening Of Carl Hansen & Son A/S Showroom - Zimbio
Old 10-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Aristocracy

I like it better on Princess Mary than the model. Of course it looks loose on the model, she is like a stick.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Royal Highness

This outfit looks bad on model and on Mary too. Too loose on the catwalk (typical for thin models) and too tight skirt on Mary. Blouse is nice, but also not the best. She has boyish silhouette with narrow hips and top make her bigger than she is.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I like the grey cardigan.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

So all in all friends, what do we think of Mary's NY trip in terms of fashion...and let me just say before we start this is harmless chatter and we all love PM. This is just a little fun fashion police. I will give her a B-. I usually love her "trips" and I did like some choices. I thought her accesories could have been better but overall it was a solid...good!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I give her an A-. All of her picks were good except the flowered dress and black tweed jacket. Great alone but not together.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
I am not really a fan of the shirt either but I will say this...it (the flowy, voluminous top) combined with the straight, pencil skirt really accentuates her thinness...so although I find the top odd and not one of my personal favourite it is very flattering to Mary's (already narrow) hips
I was lucky enough to see them get out of the car to go to the restaurant, and you are right, she looked STICK thin, really as thin as that model who models the skirt but doesn't have it so tight. Also, the outfit really was not that appropriate for that area of the city or time of day. Notice the mother of the two girls if you can from my terrible pictures, she has more of a downtown look which Mary could have gravitated towards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M&F Tribeca 001.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	280673   Click image for larger version

Name:	M&F Tribeca 005.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	280674  
Old 10-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Courtier

But maybe that was the point...Mary didn't wear 'Downtown' black like everyone else so she stood out...or maybe she was advised (by her security) to wear something highly visual so they could keep an eye on her...
Old 10-25-2011, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I was not trying to suggest she wear black, just that the silks and satins and stilletos weren't in keeping with the style of the area she was visiting. The nubbier (and warmer!) fabrics worn by all the other women there and expecially their footwear!!! The streets of SoHO are a former indutrial warehouse district with cobblestones, etc which is why so many of the posters have been chuckling over her choice in footwear!
Old 10-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Courtier

She is a royal, and making a public appearance representing the royal family. I think she looks fine. Jeans would not cut it here.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I was not trying to suggest she wear black, just that the silks and satins and stilletos weren't in keeping with the style of the area she was visiting. The nubbier (and warmer!) fabrics worn by all the other women there and expecially their footwear!!! The streets of SoHO are a former indutrial warehouse district with cobblestones, etc which is why so many of the posters have been chuckling over her choice in footwear!
I completely agree with you. She looks a little out of place, and those shoes look like death traps. I've walked down some rather messy and uneven pavement in NYC, and was grateful that I had sneakers or other flat shoes on. Perhaps a nice pair of slacks with a button-down shirt, a nice blazer and a pair of flats would have been a better choice (and would have kept her a lot warmer too).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:07 AM
Commoner

Love these pictures of Mary on her last visit to the states - she had a bit of a situation with her shoes but heck she still looked good doing it: Royal “Whoops” Moments « The Royal Post
Old 10-26-2011, 03:03 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The tanned skirt is lovely and I do like the length. The top is nice and simple which works well with the skirt. I really like how she styled her hair, she did something with it but didn't over do it.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I was not trying to suggest she wear black, just that the silks and satins and stilletos weren't in keeping with the style of the area she was visiting.
This was the 3rd event of 4 that day, so it was not the only area they visited. After this they had the opening of a design-event. Who knows, maybe she would have worn something different, if it had been only this event.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:47 AM
Royal Highness

I think Crown Princess Mary fashion was better this trip then last year when she was pregnant. What a figure she has!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I give Mary a solid A. She looked great everyday (forget the unforgiving evening dress). Mary did Denmark proud on this visit.