Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 12: June 2011 - August 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks fabulous in the white dress. The kids and Fred look good too.

I love the dress. Are her shoes grey or beige? Fred and the kids look great too!

Mary and the children look really nice. Especially Christian in his Greenlandic clothing. But can someone please help Frederick, that tie is too much with the other colors he's wearing. A nice beige of off-white tie would have been better.

I dont think the shoes go well with the dress, the colour doesnt match either.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-amzdICk4hW0/Tja6zjvbsXI/AAAAAAAAUWs/P9Q3K_LzrXk/s1600/317.jpg

I think this is a charming picture - look at the Queen and her hubby - so cute (come to mention it, what are those two up to?). In fact, they are all wearing blue - Mary and the Queen and the little ones - and most of the others - there must have been an instruction to wear blue. Just a very charming picture.

Last edited:
Mary looks really nice here, the dress still fits well. Like the hair & earrings.

Last edited by a moderator:
August 12, 2011 - Mary in a short summer dress with ruffles down the half front matched with a belt and flats.
A nice and simple dress, perfect for the event and not over dressed IMO.

Full view ** Another view

I'm not a fan of above the knee dresses on older women either, sadly Mary still loves brown!! Does nothing for her IMO. On a brighter note, great photo's.;)

I like the dress. Does anybody know what brand is it from?

I'm not a fan of above the knee dresses on older women either, sadly Mary still loves brown!! Does nothing for her IMO
In closeups the dress actually looks purple with yellow and light blue.

I thought the dress was too short, aluthought with the flat shoeslooks better

It's a lovely casual dress that suits Mary very well. I also love her flats

Close up ** Light grey flats ** Side view

I don't like it. Too heavy make up for a summer day event. Flimsy dress (not the best choice for Mary's body type) that looks a bit like a potatoe sack, busy print, the ruffles and the belt…. way too much is going on there. Also, the colours of the dress (purple with yellow and light blue) do not go well with a brown belt. Add to that light grey ballet flats (which look a bit cheap and plastic to me) we have way too many colours there. The entire outfit is just very busy.
I also find it a bit too short for a royal woman close to her 40ties.
All in all not her best outfit.

I don't love the outfit but I don't hate it. It's just..meh, okay but not her best effort. I have no problem with a woman near or in her 40s wearing a shorter skirt as long as she can pull it off. I do agree that royal women (even those under 40) should be a bit more circumspect. Also, I think if she'd worn a slightly higher heel she would have pulled the look off better.

Last edited:
I really like the dress but have to agree it's too short. I like the color of the dress and the flats. Mary looks great with a little more weight on her frame!

The dress reminds me of a shirt pulled together with a belt. I like the colour and pattern, but agree it's too short, and the shoes don't look right with it either.

Too short too pale too casual [is she going to the supermarket] those flats are nasty all in all YUK IMO

Christian de Dinamarca aprende a desenvolverse como un príncipe heredero
she used this dress before, I like it, just I think it looks funny, we are in the middle of the summer and Chrsitian with the winter boots, I guess he wanted to look like Grroenlad person!
He just got them as a present from the municipal of Kujalleq. So I think that´s the reason he´s wearing them.

I don't like it. Too heavy make up for a summer day event.
It´s certainly not summer in Denmark :sad:

Too short too pale too casual [is she going to the supermarket] those flats are nasty all in all YUK IMO
No, she´s dressed like everyother woman in DK who is following their child to school on the first day :flowers:

dazzling said:
August 12, 2011 - Mary in a short summer dress with ruffles down the half front matched with a belt and flats.

Marika86 said:
It's a lovely casual dress that suits Mary very well. I also love her flats

Close up ** Light grey flats ** Side view
I agree with both of you, the casual dress is nice and Mary looks great in it. ;)

No, she´s dressed like everyother woman in DK who is following their child to school on the first day :flowers:
Well said, FasterB! :)

Last edited:
He just got them as a present from the municipal of Kujalleq. So I think that´s the reason he´s wearing them.

It´s certainly not summer in Denmark :sad:

I was judging by the dress which is certainly light and summery. Seeing tht I assumed it was a nice summer day.

But if it wasn't, if it was, let's say cloudy, gloomy day, then the make up may work, but the dress will not. The dress is for a summer day but the make up is more the evening one. I don't know how to explain it better, hope you know what I mean.

I was judging by the dress which is certainly light and summery. Seeing tht I assumed it was a nice summer day.

But if it wasn't, if it was, let's say cloudy, gloomy day, then the make up may work, but the dress will not. The dress is for a summer day but the make up is more the evening one. I don't know how to explain it better, hope you know what I mean.
I get what you mean, but the thing about the "summer" in DK is that it is warm although not sunny, but rainy, so both the dress and the makeup were appropriate for the weather :flowers:

I get what you mean, but the thing about the "summer" in DK is that it is warm although not sunny, but rainy, so both the dress and the makeup were appropriate for the weather :flowers:

Now I get it. With that correction (which I had no idea on how the summer weather in Denmark was, I was only commenting on by what I thought it was by the dress) I agree both the dress and the make up are suitable for such a bizzare summer weather you guys have there :).

I am, although, standing behind my other comments on a dress, style and colours :).

Christian de Dinamarca aprende a desenvolverse como un príncipe heredero
she used this dress before, I like it, just I think it looks funny, we are in the middle of the summer and Chrsitian with the winter boots, I guess he wanted to look like Grroenlad person!

Love both outfits! Mary looks stunning today! The best part of her outfit is her radiant smile, and wonderful laugh!

Now I get it. With that correction (which I had no idea on how the summer weather in Denmark was, I was only commenting on by what I thought it was by the dress) I agree both the dress and the make up are suitable for such a bizzare summer weather you guys have there :).
That´s ok :flowers: This summer is really strange with all this rain and warm weather. You think you are proper dressed with long jeans, t-shirt and sandals, but that can both be too cold and too warm. It´s really strange :):):)

This dress looks like a 'church lady' dress that was cut off and belted. I really hate this look.....:eek:

I also really don't like this look. The focal point is on her knees, which are surprisingly thick. Then, the dress, with the light fabric, ruffles and short cut, made even shorter by the weird belt, looks more like a nightgown to me. Especially when worn with the cheap, plastic looking flats.
A very odd look, with the heavy makeup, if the dress had been longer, with a higher heel, would look ok, but not casual.

I do have to agree with many of you. This is not Mary's best look. The dress is all wrong and Frelinghighness, you are quite right in saying that her knees and lower legs look thick. The shoes are just aweful and the dress itself is way too short. Her makeup is a little on the heavy handed side for this type of look.

Not a bad outfit for Christian's first day of school.

This looks lovely and light and fresh, even though it is brown tones. It looks like Mary has had her hair tidied up a bit, looks much better to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom