Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Mary's outfit was fabulous, although I was hoping for a more gender neutral color considering there is a boy and a girl. I feel like Josie is kinda getting shafted here and more emphasis is being placed on Vinnie in regards to M's outfit.
:lol:TOO Funny......Josie and Vinnie. They will be that to me always now....!

I thought Mary's outfit was fabulous, although I was hoping for a more gender neutral color considering there is a boy and a girl. I feel like Josie is kinda getting shafted here and more emphasis is being placed on Vinnie in regards to M's outfit.

I agree with you. Blue was worn for christian and pink was worn for isabella so she has gone the stereotypical route in the past. Great look over all though. Thanks for the information on the headpiece as it looked different.

Beuatiful and regal, as always. She is, no doudt one of the most elegant ( if not the most elegant ) crown princess of Europe. She's not fitted fora a queen, she's fitted for an Emperess! :crown7:

I must be out on my own here. I thought Princess Mary looked matronly and the hat dreadful; i've never liked it.

And Princess Marie looked fantastic, there almost looks like there's a generation apart between the two.

I thought she looked fantastic. Her grooming is alwyays superb and today she didn't disappoint. Hair is done, outfit fit wonderfully and the shoes were lovely. This is why I like her so much.

She looked really beautiful, timeless & elegant. I love that she's worn the same headpiece in all 3 baptisms!

Mary's fascinator or headpiece

I think it is the same as the one used in the other two christenings, but she is wearing it further back on her head and worked into (very attractively) her updo.

I think it is the same as the one used in the other two christenings, but she is wearing it further back on her head and worked into (very attractively) her updo.

Her hair looks fantastic. I like the headpiece with this look best for the 3 christenings.

Mary looks gr8! Luv the headpiece she's wearing. The nice thing about off-white is it goes with any color.

Ok, my views.
Hair, stunning, clean simple and elegant. Love that she used the same headpiece, it complemented her hairstyle.
Dress, lovely, elegant, classic and beautiful regal colour. I love the cut, fit, fabric.
The brooch is so pretty and i agree with whoever posted before, its like the dress was made to go with the stunning sapphire colour.
Her shoes were simple and didn't compete with anything.
Makeup was flawless, as expected.

One of my all time favourites.

Loved this blue dress on Mary. The colour really suits Mary and the white christening gown stands out nicely against it. Also really liked the nude shoes which didn't compete with the dress.

Never been a fan of the headpiece but she was always going to wear it.

This is my favourite of all three of her christening outfits.

Actually, I thought the way Mary and Frederik worked it looked great. She in blue carrying her daughter and he carrying his son whilst wearing a (very) pink tie. :flowers:

Actually, I thought the way Mary and Frederik worked it looked great. She in blue carrying her daughter and he carrying his son whilst wearing a (very) pink tie. :flowers:

I didn't even notice the color of his tie.

She looked beautiful from head to toe. Lovely hairdo, good neckline and jewelry, just enough.
Fabulous cut and color of the dress and shoes idid not compete.

Amazied at how she could carry a baby, with perfect posture, going DOWN steps (in the church) without looking down once, trying to control her daughter and smile.
Wow!

I think they presented themselves very much as a family yesterday and I actually liked how the elder children were included into the "colour game". Mary, holding the girl, wore blue and Isabella, sharing the sex with her sister, pink. The ladies were more colourful than the gentlemen of course. But Frederik, holding the boy, wore a pink tie and Christian, sharing the sex with his brother, a blue shirt.

Mary looked very feminine and very elegant/regal but I thought the colour of the shoes did not really match with the headpiece. The hair & headpiece this time was the best of all 3 christenings.

I think they presented themselves very much as a family yesterday and I actually liked how the elder children were included into the "colour game". Mary, holding the girl, wore blue and Isabella, sharing the sex with her sister, pink. The ladies were more colourful than the gentlemen of course. But Frederik, holding the boy, wore a pink tie and Christian, sharing the sex with his brother, a blue shirt.

Mary looked very feminine and very elegant/regal but I thought the colour of the shoes did not really match with the headpiece. The hair & headpiece this time was the best of all 3 christenings.

i agree sooooo much with you... yesterday we had the prove how we miss mary so much... simply elegant and gorgeous, very classic and discretly beautiful...

and yes, the hair and the headband looked better than the previos christenings...

the couple were very carefull with all the details...

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally stunning the whole thing ..... amazing thanks for all the posts that kept all of us updated.

I must be out on my own here. I thought Princess Mary looked matronly and the hat dreadful; i've never liked it.

And Princess Marie looked fantastic, there almost looks like there's a generation apart between the two.

What about the look was matronly? The hair maybe? It was a bit stiff. I too didn't use to like her hat but the more I see the more I like it. One of the positives of Mary having so many kids. :lol:

Well, we probably have seen the headpiece for the last time.
So those who didn't like it can relax now. :)

Mary looked beautiful as always and I wonder if her headpiece may have been a hat of her mother's or her mother's hat altered into a headpiece? Contrary to opinion, I've liked it very much.:flowers:

Does anyone know about the designer of this wonderful blue dress?

Funny that you didn't notice that Vincent was getting "shafted" and more emphasis being places on Josephine in regards to Fred's outfit :whistling:

Last edited:

I thought it rather charming that the colour of Frederik's tie matched the colour of Isbella's dress. Instead of corresponding with his wife's attire, he complimented his daughters. Quite darling.

You know, it could be that dress but with alterations to have it more personalised. Just a thought perhaps? The waistline is similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom