Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about other Cps, it's not about the woman of her age here in this forum, it's a thread about Mary and her fashion and style. Probably that's why we are talking about her not about anyone else .

As for Mary being "the best stylist Cp", it's subjective: she may be that to some, but she doesn't have to be that to others. Simple.

Some of us really like to play with words, don't we? It's Mary's thread I guess everybody is aware of that. But since we are talking about her fashion sense and her looks, on which base do you state that she looks OLD for her age, and that she is not elegant if you refuse to compare her with anyone else? It would be very interesting to know, rather than simply say oh she just looks OLD.

BTW I really like her blouse. I'm heading for some Zara shopping for sure...

Some of us really like to play with words, don't we? It's Mary's thread I guess everybody is aware of that. But since we are talking about her fashion sense and her looks, on which base do you state that she looks OLD for her age, and that she is not elegant if you refuse to compare her with anyone else? It would be very interesting to know, rather than simply say oh she just looks OLD.

BTW I really like her blouse. I'm heading for some Zara shopping for sure...

If you read my later posts, I think I explained why I don't think it's fair to compare Mary to other women in this forum. I also explained how I see elegance and age without conparing.

I doubt it!!! Princess Mary neve wore nothing from Zara and Zara is not a Danish brand or a popular brand in Denmark in fact I think Denmark doesn't have any Zara shops....It could look like the Zara blouse but I'am sure it isn't
I am quite sure it is the ZARA blouse. The pocket of Princess Mary's blouse is exactly at the same position and the same style. Maybe she'll recycle the blouse, so we can see it better.

There is a ZARA shop in Copenhagen.

I doubt it!!! Princess Mary neve wore nothing from Zara and Zara is not a Danish brand or a popular brand in Denmark in fact I think Denmark doesn't have any Zara shops....It could look like the Zara blouse but I'am sure it isn't

According to this link there are 4 Zara stores in Denmark...

http://www.bookrags.com/wiki/Zara_(clothing)

Also, here, you can find there is one in Copenhagen, address:
COPENHAGUEN - VIMMELSKAFTET 28
ZARA
VIMMELSKAFTET 28
1161 - COPENHAGUEN
HOVEDSTADEN - Denmark
Tel. +45 33323977 +45 33323977 Man , Kid , Woman

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category/11711/en/zara-S2011/11108/Stores

Originally Posted by biboquinhas

You are right, Mary usually wears "bigger" brands, but perhaps she is expanding her horizons, and seeing that is well recieved that a Princess wears brands that are accesible to most people. It also states that she is being savy with the money, Zara often carries trends and you don't have to spend thaaaat much money in a piece that will look outdated in a year (although I don't think is the case of this blouse). Letizia often wears Zara and Mango (despite the horror that her wardrobe is) and it is well welcomed in Spain. Kate (not yet a princess) she wears top shop and her clothes become super popular and ran out of stock.

I'm glad to see Mary in Zara, I hope we see more pieces from stores of that gauge cause she has a good style

There is nothing wrong with royalty wearing Zara, it only depends on chosing the right pieces. They do have nice quality, good looking and elegant stuff but the majority is cheap and low quality for teens/twens who are short of money.

At least here ( I think is worldwide) they are dividing, the teen stuff and the professional or casual clothes for "grown ups" and those are a bit more expensive, I usually like their stuff but once I bought a blouse and it ripped in the washing machine. So, after that I make sure I examine the clothes throughly

There is nothing wrong with royalty wearing Zara, it only depends on chosing the right pieces. They do have nice quality, good looking and elegant stuff but the majority is cheap and low quality for teens/twens who are short of money.

It is definitely not about the blouse Mary's wearing :p
On the other hand - Zara is very popular and has some great staff for everyday use. Why not if it looks great?

BTW CP Mary already wore this or similar blouse before, so there is a chance it it not Zara.

http://royals.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/22/obs_fotoserie_prinse_94192e.jpg

Last edited:
If you read my later posts, I think I explained why I don't think it's fair to compare Mary to other women in this forum. I also explained how I see elegance and age without conparing.

In other words only based upon your subjectivity. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. You think that Mary looks old, that she is not elegant, then fine it's not my will to even discuss about that. But you should also respect the fact that if people bring about comparisons, it's not about being fair or right or wrong or whatever. It's for a much more noble reasons :D, less prone to biased or the other way round, worshipping views I should say, both easily triggered by non-objective views.

In other words only based upon your subjectivity. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. You think that Mary looks old, that she is not elegant, then fine it's not my will to even discuss about that. But you should also respect the fact that if people bring about comparisons, it's not about being fair or right or wrong or whatever. It's for a much more noble reasons :D, less prone to biased or the other way round, worshipping views I should say, both easily triggered by non-objective views.

I see you completely misunderstood what I was saying. I have explained it so many times, I am really over it by now and am not going to go thru all this again.

Every opinion is based on the poster's subjectivity I would assume, it's an opinion and it's always someone's point of view. Nobody has to agree, that's perfectly fine. I do respect people's opinions but I do not have to agree with those. And that's what I did. Nor you neither I know what are the reasons for comparing, it may be for what you said above, but you don't know that for sure. It may be not about being fair for you but it is for me. Those were my opinions about the posts of some posters and that's all.

What I think, you don't know, I cannot recall saying "that Mary looks old, that she is not elegant," it's not what I was referring to.

Last edited:
Well, only one more week until the christening and another Mary outfit for us all to enjoy and discuss. Does anyone want to have a punt on what she will wear for this christening?

Well, only one more week until the christening and another Mary outfit for us all to enjoy and discuss. Does anyone want to have a punt on what she will wear for this christening?

I have really missed seeing Mary on these pages. Didn't she wear the same headpiece for both Christian and Isabella's christening? Wonder if she will do so next week?

I also miss her...but we are now in spring time and I hope to see her back with some fresh and new clothes!!

I'm really hoping for lavender or aqua. Something springy. I think Mary will surprise us and I have missed this thread!!;)

Mary going to Holmen's Church for the final details about the Christening

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

I'm happy to see her again.

So good to see her again. Can't wait for tomorrow.

She looks nice and happy (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the coat and Sternchen well done there with the shoes thanks for the memories..... as the song goes.

Several posts about Crown Prince Frederik have been deleted as off-topic,
thanks for your understanding!

she must be feeling confortable in high heels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom