The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I rad somewhere that the flowers are prepeare in advance matching the colour of the dress, but it is a good question what they do with the flowers? i wonder too!!!!

Old 02-10-2011, 01:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I rad somewhere that the flowers are prepeare in advance matching the colour of the dress, but it is a good question what they do with the flowers? i wonder too!!!!
There are not a massive number of flowers - two or three bouquets a day. If they are longer-lasting flowers, they may be able to go to old people's homes and hospitals, one would expect?

Old 02-10-2011, 06:19 AM
Serene Highness

IIRC I once read that the DRF indeed gives them away to old people homes and hospitals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
Yes, exactly, thank you. If we are to compare Mary and women in the forum, we all should have an access to what she has, I would assume. That would be only fair comparison. Otherwise saying "I wonder how many women in this forum this or that as Mary" makes no sense.
Not necessarily Some compare Mary to themselves and say, that she looks much older than themselves, some compare her to other women in CPH in her age, some compare her to the women Mary is friends with, some only compare her to other royals.
You simply don't know if other members here compare Mary with the same persons you do
Old 02-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Not necessarily Some compare Mary to themselves and say, that she looks much older than themselves, some compare her to other women in CPH in her age, some compare her to the women Mary is friends with, some only compare her to other royals.
You simply don't know if other members here compare Mary with the same persons you do

I was referring to the posts I quoted in my post # 121. That's how it all started.
I would assume by reading statements that say "I would like to see how many women of her age in this forum can look as good as her!" and "I would like to know how many woman of her age here in this forum can look like her" I can say who the poster was comparing Mary to. Therefore I do not think it's a fair coparision unless the women in this forum of Mary's age have an access to what Mary has.

Originally Posted by ashelen
I belive Mary at Victoria's wedding she looks stunning, and look younger than she is, I would like to see how many women of her age in this forum can look as good as her! but of course this is my opinion>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen
I do not understand why she is so much criticized in her look, she is probably the best stylist Cp , with the best skin and complexion, the less or fewer wrinkles than the rest of the Cp and I would like to know how many woman of her age here in this forum can look like her, while we do not give her a brake she just gave birth to twins!

It's not about other Cps, it's not about the woman of her age here in this forum, it's a thread about Mary and her fashion and style. Probably that's why we are talking about her not about anyone else .

As for Mary being "the best stylist Cp", it's subjective: she may be that to some, but she doesn't have to be that to others. Simple.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Aristocracy

The bluse is from zara!!!

http://i54.tinypic.com/1z22az8.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2cmls9t.jpg
Old 02-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

That's a lovely blouse. I like the print on it.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Courtier

Very pretty and loose, its a bit casual but not too much. Suits Mary's colouring.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:01 AM
Aristocracy

I bought it yet!!! only 29,90€!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Royal Highness

It looks nice with white pants. A nice pattern.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Aristocracy

the notice I said yesterday about the bluse from Zara of princess Mary, appears now in Myroyal's page, it's possible that they got the notice from me.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Courtier

Pretty blouse.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
It's not about other Cps, it's not about the woman of her age here in this forum, it's a thread about Mary and her fashion and style. Probably that's why we are talking about her not about anyone else .

As for Mary being "the best stylist Cp", it's subjective: she may be that to some, but she doesn't have to be that to others. Simple.
Some of us really like to play with words, don't we? It's Mary's thread I guess everybody is aware of that. But since we are talking about her fashion sense and her looks, on which base do you state that she looks OLD for her age, and that she is not elegant if you refuse to compare her with anyone else? It would be very interesting to know, rather than simply say oh she just looks OLD.

BTW I really like her blouse. I'm heading for some Zara shopping for sure...
Old 03-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymaxima View Post
I doubt it!!! Princess Mary neve wore nothing from Zara and Zara is not a Danish brand or a popular brand in Denmark in fact I think Denmark doesn't have any Zara shops....It could look like the Zara blouse but I'am sure it isn't
Old 03-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelle View Post
Some of us really like to play with words, don't we? It's Mary's thread I guess everybody is aware of that. But since we are talking about her fashion sense and her looks, on which base do you state that she looks OLD for her age, and that she is not elegant if you refuse to compare her with anyone else? It would be very interesting to know, rather than simply say oh she just looks OLD.

BTW I really like her blouse. I'm heading for some Zara shopping for sure...
If you read my later posts, I think I explained why I don't think it's fair to compare Mary to other women in this forum. I also explained how I see elegance and age without conparing.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
I doubt it!!! Princess Mary neve wore nothing from Zara and Zara is not a Danish brand or a popular brand in Denmark in fact I think Denmark doesn't have any Zara shops....It could look like the Zara blouse but I'am sure it isn't
I am quite sure it is the ZARA blouse. The pocket of Princess Mary's blouse is exactly at the same position and the same style. Maybe she'll recycle the blouse, so we can see it better.

There is a ZARA shop in Copenhagen.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
There is a ZARA shop in Copenhagen.
There is a Zara shop everywhere
Old 03-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post

According to this link there are 4 Zara stores in Denmark...

http://www.bookrags.com/wiki/Zara_(clothing)

Also, here, you can find there is one in Copenhagen, address:
COPENHAGUEN - VIMMELSKAFTET 28
ZARA
VIMMELSKAFTET 28
1161 - COPENHAGUEN
HOVEDSTADEN - Denmark
Tel. +45 33323977 +45 33323977 Man , Kid , Woman

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category/11711/en/zara-S2011/11108/Stores
Old 03-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Aristocracy

thank you, girls!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
You are right, Mary usually wears "bigger" brands, but perhaps she is expanding her horizons, and seeing that is well recieved that a Princess wears brands that are accesible to most people. It also states that she is being savy with the money, Zara often carries trends and you don't have to spend thaaaat much money in a piece that will look outdated in a year (although I don't think is the case of this blouse). Letizia often wears Zara and Mango (despite the horror that her wardrobe is) and it is well welcomed in Spain. Kate (not yet a princess) she wears top shop and her clothes become super popular and ran out of stock.

I'm glad to see Mary in Zara, I hope we see more pieces from stores of that gauge cause she has a good style
Old 03-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

There is nothing wrong with royalty wearing Zara, it only depends on chosing the right pieces. They do have nice quality, good looking and elegant stuff but the majority is cheap and low quality for teens/twens who are short of money.

Closed Thread