The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 01-16-2011, 06:28 PM
mellie's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: melbourne, Australia
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
We all know how much this family can cram into a day and how much pre-planning must be done to make the most of this time...So I wouldn't be surprised if her makeup was done in the hospital with the intention that formal family of six photos be taken on arrival home...So the makeup applied was makeup suitable for photos, we will see I guess if she is wearing the same pink ruffled top...?
She did change the second time when she had Isabella or maybe the photos were taken on a different day.

If it were me, I wouldn't plan on the same day:
- It was 3-4 pm on a Danish dark winter day
- With 2 new born twins and 2 toddlers to get ready and herself and Fred (Red pants and all !!!!)

Another day sounds better when things settle down a bit.
__________________

  #102  
Old 01-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Cinderella5x's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, United States
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
We all know how much this family can cram into a day and how much pre-planning must be done to make the most of this time...So I wouldn't be surprised if her makeup was done in the hospital with the intention that formal family of six photos be taken on arrival home...So the makeup applied was makeup suitable for photos, we will see I guess if she is wearing the same pink ruffled top...?
I don't quite understand your point: you stated "the makeup applied was makeup suitable for photos" - we have seen the photos and, for some of us, it looked too heavy. So how was it suitable?
__________________

__________________
NOTHING IS FORGOTTEN... NOTHING IS EVER FORGOTTEN...
But what is truth? Not easy to define. We both have truths, are yours the same as mine?
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE! Feed an animal in need, click for free: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #103  
Old 01-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bridgetown, Barbados
Posts: 662
I don't think they did any photos when they got home as they would have been released already. So I don't think that the make-up was for official photos.
In some photos, you can see the obvious make-up. In others, you can't. So it depends on the photos that you are looking at. Remember that we are seeing photos taken by television cameras, other types of cameras, cameras with flash...there is also different lighting (bright light from the cameras and shadows in the hallway) to take into account when the particular photos were taken.
  #104  
Old 01-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
I don't quite understand your point: you stated "the makeup applied was makeup suitable for photos" - we have seen the photos and, for some of us, it looked too heavy. So how was it suitable?
I mean suitable for studio conditioned photos...official photos taken in the palace with studio lighting and all...

As for previous posters comments on Mary's wrinkles/crows feet...I think it is a combination of factors, age, weight loss, (excess) makeup, tiredness and climate...Personally as someone who grew up in a warm and humid climate my skin was always moist, plump and wrinkle free but since moving to a colder climate about 7 years ago, I do notice my skin is drier and more wrinklier or maybe it is just because I am 7 years older....but I definitely think Denmark's cold, dry winter climate would execerbate wrinkles...maybe Mary's skin looks more supple in summer when it is moister? Who knows? But it is nothing for us to get our knickers in a knot about, it is just the cycle of life...
  #105  
Old 01-16-2011, 11:37 PM
4Pam's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 2,964
I like the wrinkles on the side of Mary's eyes. It's a sign of a woman who's lived.
__________________
Absence is, in my opinion, important to find out whether something in your life is meaningful and important! It may be difficult to endure, but the end result is always revealing.
  #106  
Old 01-16-2011, 11:59 PM
missjane's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 513
Can we move on from the wrinkle discussion, do you think? It's been done and done.
  #107  
Old 01-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: small town, United States
Posts: 843
Women aren't exactly at their best after having a baby (or babies) so who cares if she's wearing extra makeup to look her best. Give the woman a break.
  #108  
Old 01-17-2011, 12:57 AM
Cinderella5x's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, United States
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
I mean suitable for studio conditioned photos...official photos taken in the palace with studio lighting and all...

As for previous posters comments on Mary's wrinkles/crows feet...I think it is a combination of factors, age, weight loss, (excess) makeup, tiredness and climate...Personally as someone who grew up in a warm and humid climate my skin was always moist, plump and wrinkle free but since moving to a colder climate about 7 years ago, I do notice my skin is drier and more wrinklier or maybe it is just because I am 7 years older....but I definitely think Denmark's cold, dry winter climate would execerbate wrinkles...maybe Mary's skin looks more supple in summer when it is moister? Who knows? But it is nothing for us to get our knickers in a knot about, it is just the cycle of life...
Oh, I see, that makes sense, it might be the reason. Thank you for explaining.

As for the skin "condition" I have noticed that also. The winter cold is not a friend of good skin. Warm climate seems to be way better. But, this is a huge off topic now, sorry about that.
__________________
NOTHING IS FORGOTTEN... NOTHING IS EVER FORGOTTEN...
But what is truth? Not easy to define. We both have truths, are yours the same as mine?
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE! Feed an animal in need, click for free: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #109  
Old 01-17-2011, 12:02 PM
sgl's Avatar
sgl sgl is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ~, United States
Posts: 4,826
I liked the color of the blouse she was wearing but I didn't care for the style. I also thought that her makeup was way too heavy. It aged her IMO. The blush and foundation in particular were very heavy. Her hair looked nice and shiny. I know that she just had twins, though, so comfort is the key.
  #110  
Old 01-17-2011, 03:54 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,676
Regarding Mary's wrinkles, I think she looks fantastick for her age, Certenly I think she does not look her age, ifwe see all the photos of Victoria's weding , she looks like 25, now after the birth I think she has her neck may be a little puffy, but i think it is a normal thing for any woman who gave birth! let's wait a couple of months and she will look fantastic again!
__________________
Ashelen
  #111  
Old 01-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Cinderella5x's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, United States
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Regarding Mary's wrinkles, I think she looks fantastick for her age, Certenly I think she does not look her age, ifwe see all the photos of Victoria's weding , she looks like 25, now after the birth I think she has her neck may be a little puffy, but i think it is a normal thing for any woman who gave birth! let's wait a couple of months and she will look fantastic again!
You really think she looks like 25?
__________________
NOTHING IS FORGOTTEN... NOTHING IS EVER FORGOTTEN...
But what is truth? Not easy to define. We both have truths, are yours the same as mine?
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE! Feed an animal in need, click for free: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #112  
Old 01-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Vesper1987's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: El Paso, United States
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
You really think she looks like 25?
LOL! I don't know why I find that so funny. But I agree girlfriend does not look 25, in fact she looks older than she really is. I think that she was wearing a lot of make-up, and IMO she hasn't aged very well.
  #113  
Old 01-17-2011, 06:14 PM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,863
Agree she doesn't look 25 but she does look very good and certainly not older then her age. I think in my mind knowing she has 4 children is why I don't see her as 25 but she looks very pretty and excellent especially for having just birthed twins-
  #114  
Old 01-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bridgetown, Barbados
Posts: 662
No, she doesn't look like 25. She looks like a woman who just gave birth to twins, breastfeeding 2 babies and obviously tired from lack of sleep.
Considering all that, she looked good and comfortable in what she was wearing. Her outfits after birth have evolved to being comfortable above all else.
  #115  
Old 01-17-2011, 06:21 PM
jen121419's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Posts: 231
I think the makeup was probably a little too heavy but overall, I thought she looked nice! The extra weight looks very good on her, but I doubt she'll keep it.
  #116  
Old 01-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Cinderella5x's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, United States
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
No, she doesn't look like 25. She looks like a woman who just gave birth to twins, breastfeeding 2 babies and obviously tired from lack of sleep.
Considering all that, she looked good and comfortable in what she was wearing. Her outfits after birth have evolved to being comfortable above all else.
That's all good, but I was refering to ashelen stating CP Mary looks like 25 at CP Victoria's wedding (that's at least what I understood). Hence my question.
__________________
NOTHING IS FORGOTTEN... NOTHING IS EVER FORGOTTEN...
But what is truth? Not easy to define. We both have truths, are yours the same as mine?
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE! Feed an animal in need, click for free: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #117  
Old 01-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bridgetown, Barbados
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
That's all good, but I was refering to ashelen stating CP Mary looks like 25 at CP Victoria's wedding (that's at least what I understood). Hence my question.
Noted! I'll leave that to ashelen to respond!
  #118  
Old 01-17-2011, 09:47 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,676
I belive Mary at Victoria's wedding she looks stunning, and look younger than she is, I would like to see how many women of her age in this forum can look as good as her! but of course this is my opinion>>>>>>>>>>>>>
__________________
Ashelen
  #119  
Old 01-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Cinderella5x's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, United States
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I belive Mary at Victoria's wedding she looks stunning, and look younger than she is, I would like to see how many women of her age in this forum can look as good as her! but of course this is my opinion>>>>>>>>>>>>>
While I agree she looked great at Victoria's wedding, I have some doubts she looked 25. But, you're correct, this is your opinion. Just wanted to make sure I understood correctly, that's why I asked if you were saying that Mary looked like 25 at Victoria's wedding.
__________________
NOTHING IS FORGOTTEN... NOTHING IS EVER FORGOTTEN...
But what is truth? Not easy to define. We both have truths, are yours the same as mine?
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE! Feed an animal in need, click for free: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #120  
Old 01-18-2011, 12:44 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 2,955
I liked her cardigan, but the ruffled blouse didn't work with it. I remember those blouses from the 1980's and I didn't like them then either.

The babies looked very sweet in the blankets, though grey isn't the first color that I'd choose for a newborn.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 21: August 2013 - January 2014 iceflower Archives 394 01-14-2014 02:28 AM
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 22: October 2011 - February 2012 iceflower Archives 393 02-10-2012 04:30 PM
Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 8: July 2011 - January 2012 iceflower Archives 387 01-05-2012 08:15 AM
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 20: June 2011 - August 2011 JessRulz Archives 392 08-03-2011 04:57 AM
Crown Princess Máxima's Daytime Fashion, Part 6: December 2010 - March 2011 iceflower Archives 387 03-22-2011 04:42 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events danish calendar duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style ingrid alexandra kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy movies new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit royal fashion september 2016 sheikha moza state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises