The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
We all know how much this family can cram into a day and how much pre-planning must be done to make the most of this time...So I wouldn't be surprised if her makeup was done in the hospital with the intention that formal family of six photos be taken on arrival home...So the makeup applied was makeup suitable for photos, we will see I guess if she is wearing the same pink ruffled top...?
She did change the second time when she had Isabella or maybe the photos were taken on a different day.

If it were me, I wouldn't plan on the same day:
- It was 3-4 pm on a Danish dark winter day
- With 2 new born twins and 2 toddlers to get ready and herself and Fred (Red pants and all !!!!)

Another day sounds better when things settle down a bit.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
We all know how much this family can cram into a day and how much pre-planning must be done to make the most of this time...So I wouldn't be surprised if her makeup was done in the hospital with the intention that formal family of six photos be taken on arrival home...So the makeup applied was makeup suitable for photos, we will see I guess if she is wearing the same pink ruffled top...?
I don't quite understand your point: you stated "the makeup applied was makeup suitable for photos" - we have seen the photos and, for some of us, it looked too heavy. So how was it suitable?

Old 01-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Courtier

I don't think they did any photos when they got home as they would have been released already. So I don't think that the make-up was for official photos.
In some photos, you can see the obvious make-up. In others, you can't. So it depends on the photos that you are looking at. Remember that we are seeing photos taken by television cameras, other types of cameras, cameras with flash...there is also different lighting (bright light from the cameras and shadows in the hallway) to take into account when the particular photos were taken.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
I don't quite understand your point: you stated "the makeup applied was makeup suitable for photos" - we have seen the photos and, for some of us, it looked too heavy. So how was it suitable?
I mean suitable for studio conditioned photos...official photos taken in the palace with studio lighting and all...

As for previous posters comments on Mary's wrinkles/crows feet...I think it is a combination of factors, age, weight loss, (excess) makeup, tiredness and climate...Personally as someone who grew up in a warm and humid climate my skin was always moist, plump and wrinkle free but since moving to a colder climate about 7 years ago, I do notice my skin is drier and more wrinklier or maybe it is just because I am 7 years older....but I definitely think Denmark's cold, dry winter climate would execerbate wrinkles...maybe Mary's skin looks more supple in summer when it is moister? Who knows? But it is nothing for us to get our knickers in a knot about, it is just the cycle of life...
Old 01-16-2011, 11:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the wrinkles on the side of Mary's eyes. It's a sign of a woman who's lived.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Courtier

Can we move on from the wrinkle discussion, do you think? It's been done and done.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Courtier

Women aren't exactly at their best after having a baby (or babies) so who cares if she's wearing extra makeup to look her best. Give the woman a break.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:57 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I mean suitable for studio conditioned photos...official photos taken in the palace with studio lighting and all...

As for previous posters comments on Mary's wrinkles/crows feet...I think it is a combination of factors, age, weight loss, (excess) makeup, tiredness and climate...Personally as someone who grew up in a warm and humid climate my skin was always moist, plump and wrinkle free but since moving to a colder climate about 7 years ago, I do notice my skin is drier and more wrinklier or maybe it is just because I am 7 years older....but I definitely think Denmark's cold, dry winter climate would execerbate wrinkles...maybe Mary's skin looks more supple in summer when it is moister? Who knows? But it is nothing for us to get our knickers in a knot about, it is just the cycle of life...
Oh, I see, that makes sense, it might be the reason. Thank you for explaining.

As for the skin "condition" I have noticed that also. The winter cold is not a friend of good skin. Warm climate seems to be way better. But, this is a huge off topic now, sorry about that.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I liked the color of the blouse she was wearing but I didn't care for the style. I also thought that her makeup was way too heavy. It aged her IMO. The blush and foundation in particular were very heavy. Her hair looked nice and shiny. I know that she just had twins, though, so comfort is the key.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Regarding Mary's wrinkles, I think she looks fantastick for her age, Certenly I think she does not look her age, ifwe see all the photos of Victoria's weding , she looks like 25, now after the birth I think she has her neck may be a little puffy, but i think it is a normal thing for any woman who gave birth! let's wait a couple of months and she will look fantastic again!
Old 01-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Regarding Mary's wrinkles, I think she looks fantastick for her age, Certenly I think she does not look her age, ifwe see all the photos of Victoria's weding , she looks like 25, now after the birth I think she has her neck may be a little puffy, but i think it is a normal thing for any woman who gave birth! let's wait a couple of months and she will look fantastic again!
You really think she looks like 25?
Old 01-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
You really think she looks like 25?
LOL! I don't know why I find that so funny. But I agree girlfriend does not look 25, in fact she looks older than she really is. I think that she was wearing a lot of make-up, and IMO she hasn't aged very well.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Royal Highness

Agree she doesn't look 25 but she does look very good and certainly not older then her age. I think in my mind knowing she has 4 children is why I don't see her as 25 but she looks very pretty and excellent especially for having just birthed twins-
Old 01-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Courtier

No, she doesn't look like 25. She looks like a woman who just gave birth to twins, breastfeeding 2 babies and obviously tired from lack of sleep.
Considering all that, she looked good and comfortable in what she was wearing. Her outfits after birth have evolved to being comfortable above all else.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Aristocracy

I think the makeup was probably a little too heavy but overall, I thought she looked nice! The extra weight looks very good on her, but I doubt she'll keep it.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
No, she doesn't look like 25. She looks like a woman who just gave birth to twins, breastfeeding 2 babies and obviously tired from lack of sleep.
Considering all that, she looked good and comfortable in what she was wearing. Her outfits after birth have evolved to being comfortable above all else.
That's all good, but I was refering to ashelen stating CP Mary looks like 25 at CP Victoria's wedding (that's at least what I understood). Hence my question.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
That's all good, but I was refering to ashelen stating CP Mary looks like 25 at CP Victoria's wedding (that's at least what I understood). Hence my question.
Noted! I'll leave that to ashelen to respond!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I belive Mary at Victoria's wedding she looks stunning, and look younger than she is, I would like to see how many women of her age in this forum can look as good as her! but of course this is my opinion>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 01-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I belive Mary at Victoria's wedding she looks stunning, and look younger than she is, I would like to see how many women of her age in this forum can look as good as her! but of course this is my opinion>>>>>>>>>>>>>
While I agree she looked great at Victoria's wedding, I have some doubts she looked 25. But, you're correct, this is your opinion. Just wanted to make sure I understood correctly, that's why I asked if you were saying that Mary looked like 25 at Victoria's wedding.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

I liked her cardigan, but the ruffled blouse didn't work with it. I remember those blouses from the 1980's and I didn't like them then either.

The babies looked very sweet in the blankets, though grey isn't the first color that I'd choose for a newborn.

Closed Thread