Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I belive Mary at Victoria's wedding she looks stunning, and look younger than she is, I would like to see how many women of her age in this forum can look as good as her! but of course this is my opinion>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I do not understand why she is so much criticized in her look, she is probably the best stylist Cp , with the best skin and complexion, the less or fewer wrinkles than the rest of the Cp and I would like to know how many woman of her age here in this forum can look like her, while we do not give her a brake she just gave birth to twins!

It's not about other Cps, it's not about the woman of her age here in this forum, it's a thread about Mary and her fashion and style. Probably that's why we are talking about her not about anyone else :).

As for Mary being "the best stylist Cp", it's subjective: she may be that to some, but she doesn't have to be that to others. Simple.

Last edited:
Exactly, it's all in the eye of the beholder.:flowers: We all have different tastes and views even about Princess Mary. There may be an outfit or a gown that I think Mary looks sensational in and Cinderella says she wants to barf just looking at it, and vice versa. Everyone has an opinion.:flowers: Some think Mary is the most stylish others do not.:)

:previous:
Agree. And there must be a reason why she is more than once referred to as the most stylish / best dressed/ classiest princess: because many agree on that. But of course a few can always bash her and/or her style. Simple :p
She looked fabulous throughout her pregnancy. I challenge anyone her age to look as good as she was just few days after having given birth to twins!

All of the Princesses have good days and bad days fashion-wise. No one always gets it right. And let's be honest there may be some bias on the part of some. ;)

:previous:
Agree. And there must be a reason why she is more than once referred to as the most stylish / best dressed/ classiest princess: because many agree on that. But of course a few can always bash her and/or her style. Simple :p
She looked fabulous throughout her pregnancy. I challenge anyone her age to look as good as she was just few days after having given birth to twins!

Maybe a few, as you said, just don't find her style so amazing? Just because she is "the most stylish / best dressed/ classiest princess" to many, she doesn't have to be that to everybody. The fact some don't find her "the most stylish / best dressed/ classiest princess" doesn't mean they "bash" her or her style, it simply means they don't find it so great. And they are allowed to think that.

As to the bold above: again, it's not about any other woman her age, it's a thread about Mary and Mary alone. Why bring any other woman her age who just had twins into the discussion? Besides, nobody knows how good will anyone her age look just a few days after having given birth to twins. Maybe worse, maybe better, maybe as good, but that's not what we are supposed to be talking about here.

The fact some don't find her "the most stylish / best dressed/ classiest princess" doesn't mean they "bash" her or her style, it simply means they don't find it so great. And they are allowed to think that.

As to the bold above: again, it's not about any other woman her age, it's a thread about Mary and Mary alone. Why bring any other woman her age who just had twins into the discussion?

How many posts are there for people to agree to disagree?
My point is that there must be a reason why MANY people, not only in this thread, think that Mary is the most stylish princess out there. As far as who is "allowed" to do this or that doesn't make sense for me.
And of course, it's Mary's thread and her alone. But she is also a woman. How can we see that a woman is beautiful? How can we see that she looks her age? How can we see that she is elegant and stylish etc...??? By comparing her to other women, by comparing her to others her age, her position, her condition for instance. And excuse me but I am "allowed" to bring whoever I want, as long as I'm talking and reffering my view to Mary's fashion.

How many posts are there for people to agree to disagree?
My point is that there must be a reason why MANY people, not only in this thread, think that Mary is the most stylish princess out there. As far as who is "allowed" to do this or that doesn't make sense for me.
And of course, it's Mary's thread and her alone. But she is also a woman. How can we see that a woman is beautiful? How can we see that she looks her age? How can we see that she is elegant and stylish etc...??? By comparing her to other women, by comparing her to others her age, her position, her condition for instance. And excuse me but I am "allowed" to bring whoever I want, as long as I'm talking and reffering my view to Mary's fashion.

Of course there is a reason, I will never argue on a point that to many out there Mary in fact is the most stylish / elegant etc. But not to everyone. And those who don't agree have the right to say so without being referred to as "bashing" ones. That was my point.

I never said you are not allowed. I am not the one to determine the allowance. And I am far away from doing so. I simply see no reason to bring other women her age and such while commenting on Mary's fashion.

And I do not agree on a point that we see that a woman is "elegant, stylish, beautiful" etc by comparing her to other women. When I walk, watch TV... anything... and I see a woman I think is beautiful I do not think she is beautiful by comparing her to other women. I just look at her, her alone. And I form my opinion. That's why I do not understand the "How many women Mary's age would / would not" comments.

Fashionwise, being elegant and stylish doesn't stand alone. You have to consider others, you have to consider the time and the place you are living in, especially for casual wearing. Again I'm talking about style.

The same about looks. For example, it's very easy to say "I think that Mary looks OLD" "I think that Mary is this and that". But is it written anywhere how many lines around the eyes should a woman have at 40 for her to look old or not?
For me, it's less subjective, less biased to bring Mary or anyone else to the environment she lives in, and to compare her to others in order to say whether she looks old or not for SOMEBODY her age. It's not about being right or wrong. It's about being substantial.

Don't know whether this post is in the right thread - but....I have always wondered where exactly CP Mary's wardrobe is - in a room of it's own I guess - because she has hundreds of outfits, hats, shoes etc - so they must be in a "walk-in-room" as opposed to a "walk-in-wardrobe".

I guess the same applies to the Queen, and other royals as well !

Don't know whether this post is in the right thread - but....I have always wondered where exactly CP Mary's wardrobe is - in a room of it's own I guess - because she has hundreds of outfits, hats, shoes etc - so they must be in a "walk-in-room" as opposed to a "walk-in-wardrobe".

Don't worry we all wonder the same I wish I could see it , probably it is a lot of fun! and i would love to see her jewelery box too!

The same about looks. For example, it's very easy to say "I think that Mary looks OLD" "I think that Mary is this and that". But is it written anywhere how many lines around the eyes should a woman have at 40 for her to look old or not?
For me, it's less subjective, less biased to bring Mary or anyone else to the environment she lives in, and to compare her to others in order to say whether she looks old or not for SOMEBODY her age. It's not about being right or wrong. It's about being substantial.

Remember that Mary was raised in Australia, enjoyed the outdoors, and inevitably has sun-damaged skin. It is impossible to avoid sun damage in Australia. It is usual for Australian women to look 10 years older than their European equivalents, so, a Mary who looks older to a European looks exactly her age to an Australia. Mary's friend Amber Petty looks startlingly "old" for 40, but both Mary and Amber look fantastic nonetheless because they are happy, lovely people.

Don't worry we all wonder the same I wish I could see it , probably it is a lot of fun! and i would love to see her jewelery box too!

I wish I could see it too Ashelen - wonder how it is set out - suits by colours or events, shoes with the hats to co-ordinate colour - oh it would be a visit in itself !

Remember that Mary was raised in Australia, enjoyed the outdoors, and inevitably has sun-damaged skin. It is impossible to avoid sun damage in Australia. It is usual for Australian women to look 10 years older than their European equivalents, so, a Mary who looks older to a European looks exactly her age to an Australia. Mary's friend Amber Petty looks startlingly "old" for 40, but both Mary and Amber look fantastic nonetheless because they are happy, lovely people.

I agree Aotearoagal - compared to our British counterparts, whose skin looks all "peaches and cream", some times no matter how old they are, some Australian women do look older than their years due years of exposure to the sun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could see it too Ashelen - wonder how it is set out - suits by colours or events, shoes with the hats to co-ordinate colour - oh it would be a visit in itself !
I don't know , I think that she might have inside her bedroom a walk in closet but not to big , and may be it is another room with evrything in, she must have a lady or her stylist organizeing her wardrobe for each event and they orgaize her closet too may be by the month, the go ffrom the big loset to the smaller one everyonth to preopeare for the events, well this is ony my idea, who knows really but she has so many cloths, hats, shoes bags, etc..... and for each different season! so i could not belive it would be a normal wardrobe next to her bedroom, what would be interested to see it is her bathroom, she must have a huge roon where her stylist her dresser come and prepeare her for th events too! wow to experience that fora week would be my dream! would you like to join me! we could have some fun with hats , gowns, and tiaras!.....................

I will join you, for sure. Would just love a tour of the Palace. :)

Remember reading an article years ago about Queen Elizabeth II having six complete temp. controled rooms in the basement floors of BH for all her clothes. Did not find this at all amazing when you consider her vast amount of clothes of all types.

Fashionwise, being elegant and stylish doesn't stand alone. You have to consider others, you have to consider the time and the place you are living in, especially for casual wearing. Again I'm talking about style.

So we definitelly should not ask "how many women her age in this forum", as we are definitelly not in the same environment she lives in. And I have seen this argument many time.

Depends on how you define "environment she lives in" :)

Depends on how you define "environment she lives in" :)
I think Cinderella means with what she has at her disposal re: stylists, makeup person, the best products on the market, etc.

I think it would be unusual not to have a few wrinkles around the eyes at 40.

I think Cinderella means with what she has at her disposal re: stylists, makeup person, the best products on the market, etc.

I think it would be unusual not to have a few wrinkles around the eyes at 40.

Yes, exactly, thank you. If we are to compare Mary and women in the forum, we all should have an access to what she has, I would assume. That would be only fair comparison. Otherwise saying "I wonder how many women in this forum this or that as Mary" makes no sense.

Remember reading an article years ago about Queen Elizabeth II having six complete temp. controled rooms in the basement floors of BH for all her clothes. Did not find this at all amazing when you consider her vast amount of clothes of all types.

Far out - that is amazing. And, I have also wondered about the flowers all these royal ladies receive - they all seem to match their outfits, colour wise, so whoever gives them must be prepped on the colours maybe ? Also what happens to them. The palaces must be decorated constantly with floral bouquets :)

I rad somewhere that the flowers are prepeare in advance matching the colour of the dress, but it is a good question what they do with the flowers? i wonder too!!!!

I rad somewhere that the flowers are prepeare in advance matching the colour of the dress, but it is a good question what they do with the flowers? i wonder too!!!!

There are not a massive number of flowers - two or three bouquets a day. If they are longer-lasting flowers, they may be able to go to old people's homes and hospitals, one would expect?

IIRC I once read that the DRF indeed gives them away to old people homes and hospitals :)

Yes, exactly, thank you. If we are to compare Mary and women in the forum, we all should have an access to what she has, I would assume. That would be only fair comparison. Otherwise saying "I wonder how many women in this forum this or that as Mary" makes no sense.

Not necessarily :) Some compare Mary to themselves and say, that she looks much older than themselves, some compare her to other women in CPH in her age, some compare her to the women Mary is friends with, some only compare her to other royals.
You simply don't know if other members here compare Mary with the same persons you do :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessarily :) Some compare Mary to themselves and say, that she looks much older than themselves, some compare her to other women in CPH in her age, some compare her to the women Mary is friends with, some only compare her to other royals.
You simply don't know if other members here compare Mary with the same persons you do :)

I was referring to the posts I quoted in my post # 121. That's how it all started.
I would assume by reading statements that say "I would like to see how many women of her age in this forum can look as good as her!" and "I would like to know how many woman of her age here in this forum can look like her" I can say who the poster was comparing Mary to. Therefore I do not think it's a fair coparision unless the women in this forum of Mary's age have an access to what Mary has.

Originally Posted by ashelen
I belive Mary at Victoria's wedding she looks stunning, and look younger than she is, I would like to see how many women of her age in this forum can look as good as her! but of course this is my opinion>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen
I do not understand why she is so much criticized in her look, she is probably the best stylist Cp , with the best skin and complexion, the less or fewer wrinkles than the rest of the Cp and I would like to know how many woman of her age here in this forum can look like her, while we do not give her a brake she just gave birth to twins!

It's not about other Cps, it's not about the woman of her age here in this forum, it's a thread about Mary and her fashion and style. Probably that's why we are talking about her not about anyone else .

As for Mary being "the best stylist Cp", it's subjective: she may be that to some, but she doesn't have to be that to others. Simple.

Last edited:
That's a lovely blouse. I like the print on it.

Very pretty and loose, its a bit casual but not too much. Suits Mary's colouring.

It looks nice with white pants. A nice pattern. :)

the notice I said yesterday about the bluse from Zara of princess Mary, appears now in Myroyal's page, it's possible that they got the notice from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom