The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the long cardi and the ruffled blouse but separately - their colours don't match. The make-up is almost comical, I suppose she didn't receive professional help yesterday. I liked her hair though.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

I dont mind the outfit, Mary looks good and vibrant, what I dont like is the far too heavy makeup, almost like a clown's face.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I dont mind the outfit, Mary looks good and vibrant, what I dont like is the far too heavy makeup, almost like a clown's face.
I like her make-up (posted by monic) very much, especially the eye make-up. Maybe she wore a little bit too much rouge.
I like the outfit, she looked fantastic.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Serene Highness

DoM you must have seen different photos than me
Old 01-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Gentry

Unhappy

she looks like an old clown. really, that is too much make up and it makes strange wrinkles. i do not like the cardigan, is so granny.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yekaterina View Post
she looks like an old clown. really, that is too much make up and it makes strange wrinkles. i do not like the cardigan, is so granny.
Remember to post a photo of yourself, when and if you give birth to twins.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Royal Highness

A pregnancy changes a woman, a double pregnancy changes her twice! But I know Mary will be back to normal and she'll be as glamorous as before or even more.
Take Rania as an example. She's got four kids and looks as if she were 25 instead of 40. I heard the more babies a woman has the prettier she is. Mary has a chance to prove this but she needs some time; she's almost delivered babies..
She looks very trim and radiant; her choice of clothes was appropriate to theyesterday event. Although I think the trousers were too loose I realise that she may not have wanted to show some dispensible kilos after her pregnancy. Trully understandable.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't mind the rosy blush, she is always so pale to me. Maybe the purple shadow is a bit more evening. Nice outfit IMO.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:38 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
DoM you must have seen different photos than me
Same old procedure is starting in the Danish threads again, as soon as an opinion doesnt contain the full load of praise its being questioned
An opinion is a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty, its about agree or disagree, not about being right or wrong.

On the pictures I've seen I think Mary's makeup is far too heavy, at least for my taste (one example below), of course other posters are free to have a different view.

http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/672/3/6...tvillinger.jpg
Old 01-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Nobility

I love the colour of the top and the long jacket that Mary wore.
She looks so happy and really great for having just given birth to twins.

Lucky us not to have a hundred cameras in our faces six days after giving birth, so all our family friends and and the not so friendly could get the microscope out to check that every fine detail meets with their approval and if not make sure others know exactly what is not right in their opinion.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yekaterina View Post
Her makeup is much heavier than normal, but she doesn't look like an old clown. That's unnecessarily harsh. Is it too much? Yes, I don't care for it, but she looks beautiful in spite of how much she has on.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfre View Post
I love the colour of the top and the long jacket that Mary wore.
She looks so happy and really great for having just given birth to twins.

Lucky us not to have a hundred cameras in our faces six days after giving birth, so all our family friends and and the not so friendly could get the microscope out to check that every fine detail meets with their approval and if not make sure others know exactly what is not right in their opinion.
Wonderfully said!
Old 01-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I think Mary is tired of being a fashion icon and is making the transition to "mum of four". This outfit is very royal, actually, in the British sense. It's very like Diana's 1980s wardrobe. The British royals don't keep up with fashion particularly. Mary is right to focus on the babies and not her hair, makeup and particularly smart in making sure that her clothes aren't the focus. Good on her. Ditto Fred and his red pants.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:27 PM
Courtier

Yes the make up was really, really heavy. Altough I agree hospital lighting sucks, I guess, introducing her twins to the world is a good ocassion for having your personal stylist over and help you with that
Old 01-16-2011, 12:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
She looks great after having twins no doubt about that.

That outfit thought was not her best look yet. Oh well even she has some misses
Old 01-16-2011, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Mary looked lovely. I do like that long cardigan worn instead of a coat. The top was a lovely shade, door some reason I do like the detailing on the front, doesn't make it look boring IMO.
Her make up might be a bit too much but I do still like it, it could be not to show how tired she is.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Her make up might be a bit too much but I do still like it, it could be not to show how tired she is.
I think so to; that is what you tend to do.
I went to a confirmation five days after I had my second child. I am not fond of revisiting photos from that event. I was convinced that a 'generous makeup' could easily conceal that I was still puffy in the face and had not slept even 3 consecutive hours for 5 days
Old 01-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Aristocracy

I think CP Mary wore the same cardigan as she did in Australia before:

In Australia:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...ia/Hobart5.jpg

At the Twins Presentation:
http://static1.purepeople.com/articl...de-637x0-2.jpg
http://static1.purepeople.com/articl...de-637x0-1.jpg

I absolutely love the cardigan! Can someone ID it?
Old 01-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Same old procedure is starting in the Danish threads again, as soon as an opinion doesnt contain the full load of praise its being questioned
An opinion is a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty, its about agree or disagree, not about being right or wrong.

On the pictures I've seen I think Mary's makeup is far too heavy, at least for my taste (one example below), of course other posters are free to have a different view.

http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/672/3/6...tvillinger.jpg
I agree with you Duke, if we all just had the same opinion, there would be no fashion thread, only an ohh and ahh thread!! So keep talking!!

I too have found myself trusting hotel (etc) lighting only to see pics later and say.......!!
Old 01-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Courtier

We all know how much this family can cram into a day and how much pre-planning must be done to make the most of this time...So I wouldn't be surprised if her makeup was done in the hospital with the intention that formal family of six photos be taken on arrival home...So the makeup applied was makeup suitable for photos, we will see I guess if she is wearing the same pink ruffled top...?