Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Le 14 janvier 2011, premier bain de foule et première pluie de flashs pour les jumeaux de Mary et
I think she looks lovely and very clever with that long sweter or coat you can not see her siluette, i like the blouse just I think she got too much make up like in this photo

I wonder if the pants are black, navy or dark grey? I can see all three colours, depending on the picture.

I also agree with too much make-up, esp the blush. Also the lipstick is too strong.

All in all, I was hoping she would wear something in lighter colour, not black (if, in fact, it's black). But it's me.

I love the ruffled blouse, though it makes her look quite matronly and I don't think it's a perfect combo together with the long cardigan material- and color-wise.
The make up is too heavy for my taste, but all in all she looked good and appropriate. Lovely earrings.

Last edited:
I really like how CP looked today. The pants and cardigan are really nice, blouse is a nice touch of color. Whole ensemble is appropriate for occasion and weather. The make-up was too heavy, especially blush and dark lipstick.

The outfit is ok.
The blouse is lovely.
But Imo the whole look is too dark with the black pants and cardigan. I wish she had worn another colour.

I don't recognize the blouse. Does anyone know if she's worn it before?

For just giving birth less than a week ago, she's looks fantastic. She might be self-conscious about weight gain I'm just not liking how Mary looks like she's swimming in her clothes. Generally, wide leg pants look best with a fitted, cropped jacket. The coat/sweater also looks too big for her.

Last edited:
Considering that this woman gave birth to twins 6 days ago, with one of the babies (the girl) being a breech birth, breastfeeding 2 babies at the same time, and having one of the babies being treated for jaundice...on top of all that, she had to face hundreds of cameras and spectators...I say she looks absolutely fantastic!

Mary looks really beautiful. I love the wide leg pants and the colour of the blouse is really lovely for Mary. She looks radiant!!

Thank you for the photographs. For me, the pink top is lovely and the baby's blanket is to die! Also, it must have been cold and I hope they got into the car fast. Finally, both Mary and Frederick look really happy and excited.

Nice outfit and Mary is looking great after giving birth to twins a week ago. The makeup was just a bit too heavy.

I think Mary looks great for someone who had twins 5-6 days ago. I have no complaints on what she's got on.

Mary looks lovely to me, she looks quite tired, anyone who's had a baby knows you feel deeply tired, to the bone. It worsens as the week's go on because you are up night and day, feeding. Mary has two!! I've tried that trick of putting heaps of makeup on when bone tired, you think it will help you feel better. It doesn't seem to work, just draws more attention to your pallor! Having said that, bravo to Mary, love her outfit.

Mary looks lovely to me, she looks quite tired, anyone who's had a baby knows you feel deeply tired, to the bone. It worsens as the week's go on because you are up night and day, feeding. Mary has two!! I've tried that trick of putting heaps of makeup on when bone tired, you think it will help you feel better. It doesn't seem to work, just draws more attention to your pallor! Having said that, bravo to Mary, love her outfit.
Plus, hospital lighting and mirrors are not the best while trying to apply makeup-----especially knowing that everyone will be picking it all apart once you leave the room. I personally think she looked great for a new mother of twins and breast feeding. I don't care if she does have help, it is still work and one gets tired extremely fast. Plus the normal woman in that position doesn't have cameras in their face to record their lack of sleep. Quite a lot of new mothers leave the hospital these days without even bothering to apply makeup. Mary looked great.

I love the ruffled blouse, though it makes her look quite matronly and I don't think it's a perfect combo together with the long sweater material- and color-wise.
The make up is too heavy for my taste, but all in all she looked good and appropriate. Lovely earrings.

I agree with the blouse. I do however think the make-up was too much. The natural look she sported when she took Princess Isabella home was more flattering on her and her post-pregnancy figure.

Plus, hospital lighting and mirrors are not the best while trying to apply makeup-----especially knowing that everyone will be picking it all apart once you leave the room. I personally think she looked great for a new mother of twins and breast feeding. I don't care if she does have help, it is still work and one gets tired extremely fast. Plus the normal woman in that position doesn't have cameras in their face to record their lack of sleep. Quite a lot of new mothers leave the hospital these days without even bothering to apply makeup. Mary looked great.
yes, a lot of mothres lives hospital without make up becasue they do not have red carpet in the way out with hundreds of people waiting to see them or hundreds of photographers!

To me, Mary looked great although I thought her trousers were a wee bit too long.

I am so happy to be back onto the daytime fashion thread! A guilty pleasure for me.
I am pretty sure that the cardigan is navy and its the one she wore when visiting tasmania last year. If someone could post a link? It was worn with jeans and a grey crossover sweater underneath.
I think the combo is really pretty and comfortable and, most importantly, Warm!!! Her makeup looks lovely and appropriate, she is facing the worlds press after all. It gives her colour. I was really thrilled with how good she looks.

Nice outfit and Mary is looking great after giving birth to twins a week ago. The makeup was just a bit too heavy.

Yeah she could've done without the lipstick and the excessive red blusher but she still looked amazing.

I loved her pants and her outfit. It's Frederik's pants that should be in question. It looked like he had tight skater jeans on. Not that it was a problem for me. Just wish Princess wasn't in the way of the full pants shots.:whistling::p:p

Princess Mary looked so happy, as did Prince Frederick. It seems to me that no matter what she does someone will always find fault. The make up - or lack of is irrelevant. Their happiness just says it all.

I thought she looked fabulous and though I didn't notice the makeup now you all point it out yes heavy but she looked totally gorgeous and doubt I appeared anywhere near that leaving with my babies. She does I will say always have problems with triusers are these too long too wide anyway it is not relevant I guess.She's just wonderful in her "little bubble"... and good luck to them.

I like the long cardi and the ruffled blouse but separately - their colours don't match.;) The make-up is almost comical, I suppose she didn't receive professional help yesterday. I liked her hair though.:flowers:

I dont mind the outfit, Mary looks good and vibrant, what I dont like is the far too heavy makeup, almost like a clown's face.

DoM you must have seen different photos than me :lol:

she looks like an old clown.:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: really, that is too much make up and it makes strange wrinkles. i do not like the cardigan, is so granny.

she looks like an old clown.:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: really, that is too much make up and it makes strange wrinkles. i do not like the cardigan, is so granny.

Remember to post a photo of yourself, when and if you give birth to twins. ;)

A pregnancy changes a woman, a double pregnancy changes her twice! But I know Mary will be back to normal and she'll be as glamorous as before or even more. :)
Take Rania as an example. She's got four kids and looks as if she were 25 instead of 40. I heard the more babies a woman has the prettier she is. Mary has a chance to prove this but she needs some time; she's almost delivered babies..
She looks very trim and radiant; her choice of clothes was appropriate to theyesterday event. Although I think the trousers were too loose I realise that she may not have wanted to show some dispensible kilos after her pregnancy. Trully understandable. :)

I don't mind the rosy blush, she is always so pale to me. Maybe the purple shadow is a bit more evening. Nice outfit IMO.

DoM you must have seen different photos than me :lol:

Same old procedure is starting in the Danish threads again, as soon as an opinion doesnt contain the full load of praise its being questioned :whistling:
An opinion is a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty, its about agree or disagree, not about being right or wrong.

On the pictures I've seen I think Mary's makeup is far too heavy, at least for my taste (one example below), of course other posters are free to have a different view.

http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/672/3/620x411-c/3672450-tvillinger.jpg

I love the colour of the top and the long jacket that Mary wore.
She looks so happy and really great for having just given birth to twins.

Lucky us not to have a hundred cameras in our faces six days after giving birth, so all our family friends and and the not so friendly could get the microscope out to check that every fine detail meets with their approval and if not make sure others know exactly what is not right in their opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom