The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

not sure what happened but the pics are from this gallery
Search photos : bernstorffparken. Press Photos, Press Agency, Photo Agncy Belgium : Isopix.be

Old 05-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness

Looking at this pics, I fail to see greasy hair?!?!?!

https://picasaweb.google.com/billedb...nstorffsparken#

Old 05-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Royal Highness

Correct me if I am mistaken, but Mary's casual style has changed, she seems more like a top model caught on a day to day basis than a princess. Nothing wrong with that, just an observation. I found in the past that when she was casual, she was more like the gal next door.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Nobility

I'll exactly the contrary, she is far less a top model now and more the girl newt door. good for her.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
Correct me if I am mistaken, but Mary's casual style has changed, she seems more like a top model caught on a day to day basis than a princess. Nothing wrong with that, just an observation. I found in the past that when she was casual, she was more like the gal next door.
I don't see that at all I wouldn't call what she has on "top Model" clothing, but that's just one opinion. She doesn't seem overly concerned with what she has on here. That's my impression anyway. She looks fine for a day out with her family (I'm not seeing the greasy hair that others are)
Old 05-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Royal Highness

What I really meant is the chic, glossy look with the long hair and designer glasses, ultra thin, even if she is in jeans and casually dressed.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Courtier

Poor woman...damn if she does; damn if she doesn't.

For all of those who claim she's looking like a "top model", I live in Australia and 9/10 women in this country look like that on a casual outing. AND there is nothing wrong with her weight. She looks healthy. If you want to see an unhealthy, ultra-thin looking woman, I suggest you look at photos of Princess Letizia.

Seriously, do you expect her to wear tiaras to every event? What do you want her to wear? Less casual? Any more casual and she'll be naked! She with her two eldest children and her husband, i.e. family time!

Wow, some green-eyed monsters are certainly lurking in this thread...
Old 05-26-2011, 12:53 AM
Royal Highness

Mary looks very chic, but casual considering the event. Imagine the outcry if she had shown up with an old stained sweatshirt, sweatpants and torn, dirty, sports shoes. It is damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:58 AM
Heir Apparent

I am not sure but is this still about the horse trial occasion????? If so Mary looks nice as possible given the private outing and greasy hair looks shiny to me .... what was the expectation regarding the outfit??? I am confused.... can someone sort this out for me she looked fine HELP
Old 05-26-2011, 04:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
Poor woman...damn if she does; damn if she doesn't.

For all of those who claim she's looking like a "top model", I live in Australia and 9/10 women in this country look like that on a casual outing. AND there is nothing wrong with her weight. She looks healthy. If you want to see an unhealthy, ultra-thin looking woman, I suggest you look at photos of Princess Letizia.

Seriously, do you expect her to wear tiaras to every event? What do you want her to wear? Less casual? Any more casual and she'll be naked! She with her two eldest children and her husband, i.e. family time!

Wow, some green-eyed monsters are certainly lurking in this thread...
I don't think my comment had anyting malicious about it, I was just commenting, that in my eyes, she looks different than a couple years ago when she is casual. For instance when she went to visit her family, she looked more average, now she looks smashing, even casually!
Old 05-26-2011, 04:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
I don't think my comment had anyting malicious about it, I was just commenting, that in my eyes, she looks different than a couple years ago when she is casual. For instance when she went to visit her family, she looked more average, now she looks smashing, even casually!
For me its the other way around, used to be smashing, not anymore.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:40 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I think it depends, when she was pregnant with the twins recently in Australia, she looked quite good and dressed great. I personally think it depends on the outing she s going to. I mean, you can expect her to wear a chiffon top to the horse event and run around with the kids. If she's owing shopping or to a private dinner with her husband and close friends its a different situation then going to a horse event which was a private outing.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Casual after you've had 4 children is diffent than casual after you've had your first or second child. Plus she's mucking around the grounds of a horse show. I don't get what she's supposed to look like either.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
For me its the other way around, used to be smashing, not anymore.
I agree and I think it is because of a number of reasons...She has been with Fred for over 10 years, married for 7 years, had 4 kids and is about to turn 40...I think in the beginning, even at informal events like the horse show, she felt she had to be on show too...But now she seems more relaxed, comfortable, doesn't need to impress anyone if she doesn't want to...And I think the lines have been firmly drawn between daytime official and daytime personal/private, which this horse show was, just a day out with the family catching up with a friend...no need to be so stiff and uptight in clothes that are too dressy...This was just pure and simply, Mary being a mother and wife and friend, the real Mary...not Crown Princess Mary! Just for few hours at least
Old 05-27-2011, 02:24 AM
Royal Highness

very well put!
Old 05-27-2011, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
I agree and I think it is because of a number of reasons...She has been with Fred for over 10 years, married for 7 years, had 4 kids and is about to turn 40...I think in the beginning, even at informal events like the horse show, she felt she had to be on show too...But now she seems more relaxed, comfortable, doesn't need to impress anyone if she doesn't want to...And I think the lines have been firmly drawn between daytime official and daytime personal/private, which this horse show was, just a day out with the family catching up with a friend...no need to be so stiff and uptight in clothes that are too dressy...This was just pure and simply, Mary being a mother and wife and friend, the real Mary...not Crown Princess Mary! Just for few hours at least
Agree.Couldn't have said it better.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Aristocracy

Mary at Sculpture by the Sea Aarhus 2011

http://www.anp-photo.com/downloadpic...pp?id=15770676
http://www.anp-photo.com/downloadpic...pp?id=15770691

Sry the links work for me... Try these:

Se billederne: Mary og Frede åbner skulptur-festen | stiften.dk
ANP Beeldbank
Old 06-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Sunshine View Post
I don't like the pants at all. The cut is weird and the colour is hideous.
I kind of like the top, but it's a bit too see-through for a crown princess. Also not sure about the under-top being longer than the actual top, it looks out of place to me.

All in all not her best look.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mary has a tank underneath the top. Seems fine to me! I'm with you on the pants, Cinderella5X. Don't care for the color, but the cut doesn't look too bad. She is casual, but so is Fred, and she's certainly dressed for the occasion as they are by the water. I'll bet it's good to get out for a bit! It's so nice to see her again:)
Old 06-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Mary achieved what is very hard to do, a good looking, but truly casual look.
The blouse seems comfortable and fashionable to me.
The pants go well with the top and suit her.
The color is a very "european" one imo. When I lived in Europe, there were few colors which you'd never see in the US market.

Closed Thread