Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree that Mary must be exhausted right now, I have to say I find her own casual look really uninspiring as well. Greasy hair, dark drab colors. Thankfully I enjoy her 'job" of dressing very much! Yes I know its a horse show!!!!:D

I think she doesn't want to care too mucht because she needs to care the rest of the days..but I agree I don't like at all her casual look...

Somehow, putting a lot of time and effort into looking casual seems a bit strange to me. If you can't be extremely casual when you're standing on a lawn watching horses, when can you??

Last edited:
I don't mind Mary's casual look/s, in general her looks look very comfortable & casual like many mums would dress.

i agree with you, but she looked better when she was with fred and bella buying bicycles.

I see nothing wrong with what she has on. It's an afternoon at a horse show with her family not a state dinner with the BRF. It's a casual day out not an official function. She can dress however she wants.

i agree with you, but she looked better when she was with fred and bella buying bicycles.

Every event is different even if it's a casual outing IMO. When she was buying the bicycles she was in her riding outfit, nice look I would agree but one could think she was just done with a riding session.

Every event is different even if it's a casual outing IMO. When she was buying the bicycles she was in her riding outfit, nice look I would agree but one could think she was just done with a riding session.
And wasn't she? Maybe she was...:flowers:

Correct me if I am mistaken, but Mary's casual style has changed, she seems more like a top model caught on a day to day basis than a princess. Nothing wrong with that, just an observation. I found in the past that when she was casual, she was more like the gal next door.

I'll exactly the contrary, she is far less a top model now and more the girl newt door. good for her.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but Mary's casual style has changed, she seems more like a top model caught on a day to day basis than a princess. Nothing wrong with that, just an observation. I found in the past that when she was casual, she was more like the gal next door.

I don't see that at all:flowers: I wouldn't call what she has on "top Model" clothing, but that's just one opinion. She doesn't seem overly concerned with what she has on here. That's my impression anyway. She looks fine for a day out with her family (I'm not seeing the greasy hair that others are)

What I really meant is the chic, glossy look with the long hair and designer glasses, ultra thin, even if she is in jeans and casually dressed.

Last edited:
Poor woman...damn if she does; damn if she doesn't.

For all of those who claim she's looking like a "top model", I live in Australia and 9/10 women in this country look like that on a casual outing. AND there is nothing wrong with her weight. She looks healthy. If you want to see an unhealthy, ultra-thin looking woman, I suggest you look at photos of Princess Letizia.

Seriously, do you expect her to wear tiaras to every event? What do you want her to wear? Less casual? Any more casual and she'll be naked! She with her two eldest children and her husband, i.e. family time!

Wow, some green-eyed monsters are certainly lurking in this thread...

:previous:

Mary looks very chic, but casual considering the event. Imagine the outcry if she had shown up with an old stained sweatshirt, sweatpants and torn, dirty, sports shoes. It is damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.:p

I am not sure but is this still about the horse trial occasion????? If so Mary looks nice as possible given the private outing and greasy hair looks shiny to me .... what was the expectation regarding the outfit??? I am confused.... can someone sort this out for me she looked fine HELP

Poor woman...damn if she does; damn if she doesn't.

For all of those who claim she's looking like a "top model", I live in Australia and 9/10 women in this country look like that on a casual outing. AND there is nothing wrong with her weight. She looks healthy. If you want to see an unhealthy, ultra-thin looking woman, I suggest you look at photos of Princess Letizia.

Seriously, do you expect her to wear tiaras to every event? What do you want her to wear? Less casual? Any more casual and she'll be naked! She with her two eldest children and her husband, i.e. family time!

Wow, some green-eyed monsters are certainly lurking in this thread...
I don't think my comment had anyting malicious about it, I was just commenting, that in my eyes, she looks different than a couple years ago when she is casual. For instance when she went to visit her family, she looked more average, now she looks smashing, even casually!

I don't think my comment had anyting malicious about it, I was just commenting, that in my eyes, she looks different than a couple years ago when she is casual. For instance when she went to visit her family, she looked more average, now she looks smashing, even casually!

For me its the other way around, used to be smashing, not anymore.

I think it depends, when she was pregnant with the twins recently in Australia, she looked quite good and dressed great. I personally think it depends on the outing she s going to. I mean, you can expect her to wear a chiffon top to the horse event and run around with the kids. If she's owing shopping or to a private dinner with her husband and close friends its a different situation then going to a horse event which was a private outing.

Casual after you've had 4 children is diffent than casual after you've had your first or second child. Plus she's mucking around the grounds of a horse show. I don't get what she's supposed to look like either.

For me its the other way around, used to be smashing, not anymore.

I agree and I think it is because of a number of reasons...She has been with Fred for over 10 years, married for 7 years, had 4 kids and is about to turn 40...I think in the beginning, even at informal events like the horse show, she felt she had to be on show too...But now she seems more relaxed, comfortable, doesn't need to impress anyone if she doesn't want to...And I think the lines have been firmly drawn between daytime official and daytime personal/private, which this horse show was, just a day out with the family catching up with a friend...no need to be so stiff and uptight in clothes that are too dressy...This was just pure and simply, Mary being a mother and wife and friend, the real Mary...not Crown Princess Mary! Just for few hours at least ;)

I agree and I think it is because of a number of reasons...She has been with Fred for over 10 years, married for 7 years, had 4 kids and is about to turn 40...I think in the beginning, even at informal events like the horse show, she felt she had to be on show too...But now she seems more relaxed, comfortable, doesn't need to impress anyone if she doesn't want to...And I think the lines have been firmly drawn between daytime official and daytime personal/private, which this horse show was, just a day out with the family catching up with a friend...no need to be so stiff and uptight in clothes that are too dressy...This was just pure and simply, Mary being a mother and wife and friend, the real Mary...not Crown Princess Mary! Just for few hours at least ;)

Agree.Couldn't have said it better.

I don't like the pants at all. The cut is weird and the colour is hideous.
I kind of like the top, but it's a bit too see-through for a crown princess. Also not sure about the under-top being longer than the actual top, it looks out of place to me.

All in all not her best look.

Last edited:
Mary has a tank underneath the top. Seems fine to me! I'm with you on the pants, Cinderella5X. Don't care for the color, but the cut doesn't look too bad. She is casual, but so is Fred, and she's certainly dressed for the occasion as they are by the water. I'll bet it's good to get out for a bit! It's so nice to see her again:)

I think Mary achieved what is very hard to do, a good looking, but truly casual look.
The blouse seems comfortable and fashionable to me.
The pants go well with the top and suit her.
The color is a very "european" one imo. When I lived in Europe, there were few colors which you'd never see in the US market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom