Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 10: March 2010 - July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont mind the black but the sleeve design is awful. Nice accessories.
I dont get what is wrong with Isabella's dress? Its perfectly fine for a 3 year old girl visiting a circus.

I dont get what is wrong with Isabella's dress? Its perfectly fine for a 3 year old girl visiting a circus.

It looks like a potato sack and not a dress. That's what's wrong IMHO.;)
I see children wear much more tasteful clothes - even while visiting a circus or zoo. I said tasteful, not necessarily expensive. These cuties here look like peasants of the 17th century.:confused:

I see children wear much more tasteful clothes - even while visiting a circus or zoo. I said tasteful, not necessarily expensive. These cuties here look like peasants of the 17th century.:confused:

I find Marys dress more potatoesackish than Isabella's. I am just glad it doesnt have the usual drab colour!

^ Me too. Mary's sack is plain ugly. It just doesn't fit her anywhere.;)
I see what you mean regarding the colour of Isabella's dress. Vibrant colours is what suits little girls.

I liked the dress. Its fashionable and appropriate for her childrens outing. I don't think she looks like a potato sack! I really like how she paired the dress with Chanel flats.

I don't have a problem with the colour but I don't like the overall design of the dress.
I do love the shoes!

Compared with how CP Mary dresses herself usually, her two children - but especially little Isabella - look underdressed most of the time.
I don't want to see them dressed like little dolls, but when you take a look at the latest pictures of the Dutch girls you can see how comfortable and yet pretty little girls can be dressed...

Compared with how CP Mary dresses herself usually, her two children - but especially little Isabella - look underdressed most of the time.
I don't want to see them dressed like little dolls, but when you take a look at the latest pictures of the Dutch girls you can see how comfortable and yet pretty little girls can be dressed...

It seems Mum is very busy with her ensembles, dear.:D:cool:

Well the Dutch princesses were dresses for a photosession not a trip to the circus where they would be jumping in a bouncing castle. I thought they were dressed fine for the ocassion.

Why do people feel the need to criticize Mary for how she dresses herself and her children?

I think sometimes it's more important to dress children in practical/durable clothes rather than pretty ones.
It depends on the occasion. I think her children look fine.

... Because she's their mother?! Maybe?? :rolleyes:
And again I have to wonder - WHY is it always the mother's 'fault' the way kids are dressed :cool: People here can discuss equality in accession to the various thrones and engage themselves in deepfelt discussions on other equal rights. But dresses for little girls - now that must be the mother's area!!
I have three daughers and they have a father who took an active interest in what they liked to wear when they were little and encouraged them to choose for themselves. And it was definitely not what the majority here considers 'pretty' for little girls. I'd be ..... if I were to be responsible because he and one of my girls found it interesting to put a tutu on top of a pair of jeans.

Bella strikes me as strong willed, she may have a bit to say about what she will wear. Anyone with children will probably agree, it can be difficult to get kids to always wear what you would like them to. But Bella does wear a lot of 'drab' colours IMO.

Bella may wear 'drab' colors, but I think she wears what other little girls wear in Denmark! (albeit much costlier than the usual child). ha! She is dressed beautifully even if it is different than what we in the USA would dress our little girls....

Well the Dutch princesses were dresses for a photosession not a trip to the circus where they would be jumping in a bouncing castle. I thought they were dressed fine for the ocassion.

Why do people feel the need to criticize Mary for how she dresses herself and her children?

I know that the Dutch Princesses were dressed for a photosession, but even for photosessions I have never seen Isabella wearing something really pretty. You can call it okay or nice, but that's it. She's a beautiful little girl and she is a little Princess - I would like to see a bit more taste, as NoorMeansLight pointed out.

And I'm not properly critizing Mary - least of all how Mary dresses herself: I'm actually a big admirer of her fashion sense and she's for sure one of the most elegant Princesses in general.

I agree with you,Dierna 23, and I see a very big contrast between how she dress and how she dress Isabella, she is stuning almost all the time, but I never saw Isabella well dress, like the girls from Princess Maxima, ore coloufulls, girly etc....after all she is a princess and I even remeber in Australia shoe with a hole! did she need to pack this shoes in her suitcase? i really do not understand it, sometimes this strike me like she looks so glamorous becasue she just it is puting a show and playing the part.

I don't understand why people are upset over how Isabella is dressed? Are we going to have to start a Princess Isabella Daytime Fashion Thread?:)

- I would like to see a bit more taste, as NoorMeansLight pointed out.
And that is the heart of the matter - taste varies. Many posters here often swoon over girly clothes seen on other royal children, clothes which I personally do not like for various reasons.
And what some perceive as 'drab' colours, others like as muted flattering colours. Not everybody think that e.g. bright pink automatically makes a little girl look appealing.

And Udyusa is right in her post just above - Isabella is dressed in colours which is very much used for childrens' clothing in Denmark.

And that is the heart of the matter - taste varies. Many posters here often swoon over girly clothes seen on other royal children, clothes which I personally do not like for various reasons.
And what some perceive as 'drab' colors, others like as muted flattering colors. Not everybody think that e.g. bright pink automatically makes a little girl look appealing.

And Dyes is right in her post just above - Isabella is dressed in colors which is very much used for children's' clothing in Denmark.

Isabella is adorable. She does not strike me as a real girly girl. As active as her parents are in sports I am sure they are out playing with their children and are just as active with them. Her little blue linen dress is adorable on her. Pink and purple do not make a little girl more feminine. She just does not strike me as all ruffles and lace. You can tell that she has a very strong personality and must give Christian a run for his money.

Comparing how she is dressed versus how Mary is dressed is not fair. Mary dresses beautifully and Isabella has always been well groomed when we see her. It may not be our choice for our children, but I am sure her mother knows what is best for her and what she is comfortable in. Give her time and I bet she will be a fashion plate just like her mom when she gets older. Either that she will be a total tomboy. Let her be a little girl. She will be all grown up before we can blink.

I like the black dress, but I only mention the black colour because it seems to be really warm in Denmark, and Black is not the best for sunshine.

If you'd like to discuss Princess Isabella's fashion please do it in the
Fashion for the little royals Part 2
thread

But Bella does wear a lot of 'drab' colours IMO.
Mary herself does wear a lot of 'drab' (or toned down) colours as well. And black+white (you can count the occasions where she is wearing vibrant colours with one hand IMO). Those are obviously the colours she prefers - like it or not.
So, I really don't see a big difference between her (casual) dresses and Isabella's (casual) dresses. And I actually think - drab colours or not - Isabella was nicely dressed at official occasions (except perhaps for grandpa's 75th birthday, that dress was really ugly ;))

I like the black dress, but I only mention the black colour because it seems to be really warm in Denmark, and Black is not the best for sunshine.
The colour black tends to absorb heat so the general rule is to not wear it in the summer for that reason. I don't think it gets that hot in Denmark tho.

I viewed some close up pictures at Hello! and the dress isn't black, but a very dark chocolate brown. :)

I love this look casual but polished. And I know we have seen this bag before, but I have to say again, I love it! I think it's Prada, am I right?

Last edited:
Mary looked lovely & very well put together, as always. She always has great style and never looks out of place or overdone. Beautiful.

Hello magazine has an article called the making of a princess. It is about the change in Mary's looks and style since meeting and marrying Fred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom