Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 10: March 2010 - July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
Please, be merciful... :flowers::flowers::flowers: The dress fitted Crown Princess Mary well. Beige accessories nicely completed the whole look. She looked soft feminine.

I think you see what I see, Al_Bina. CP Mary looked impeccable all these days. From head to toe! :)

For me the outfit today was very classic and appropriate for what she and Frederick were doing. She looked lovely, very Jackie O. I have to agree that the beige accessories were wonderful.

From where I'm sitting, she's got it right the entire trip. It's all been very feminine and light. Floral and abstract has been prominent with striking prints, yet tastefully expressed throughout the fabric.

As for the pillbox hat, there's nothing 80's about it whatsoever I'm afraid.

Mary is looking very 'Kennedy - ish', certainly stylish and trying to stay in keeping with the location.

I like this look, I have too. Gloves and Hat, Win! But it does look very "period costume". Like something out of a movie set rather than real life.

IMO, the gloves were a little bit too much, for what I hear is rather hot in Washington, so no point in wearing them

I love it all. Dress very retro, but still tastful as they were at a cemetary. Hat and gloves and shoes.... awesome. I love nude accesories with black. I feel like I'm Mary gushing, but I have loved all outfits, shoes, hairdos and jewels this visit!

I am also looking foward to PVictoria's wedding to see all Mary's choices!!
I agree!! Perfection with a capital P. It's been a while since we have had so much all at once, and it is fantastic!!!:flowers:

what it is this thing that she is with one shoe on the floor bending down to get it bear foot????? gloves really looks odd why gloves?

I dont like the dress, the print & color is too old fo rMary and does her nothing though it does fit nicely.

So far her wardrobe has been all print which is getting boring IMO even though some pieces are nice.

I didn't like the dress either but I think it's appropriate for a cemetary visit:flowers:. I thought I was the only one who thought she's wearing too much prints. It isn't becoming boring, it is boring. Sometimes, one needs a break from prints because they can get cluttered into one.

On the other hand, the shoe coming off thing can be embarassing, at least to me:bang:. But Mary played if off well.

I do like the dress but not the hat. it does not look good, bad 60s :ermm:

http://www.daylife.com/photo/00s13ya4KZfbz?q=princess+mary

I like the dress and it look just classic with glasses without pillow hat and gloves.

http://www.daylife.com/photo/01Zie2c9whfPC?q=princess+mary
http://www.daylife.com/photo/05wW6Eq4kVdYW?q=princess+mary
I like Mary's outfit. It is old fashioned but in a good way. I would never think about matching black dress with white print and beige accessories, but it looks great.
I know Mary's outfits can be better than this but this one is very appropriate for this occasion. At first moment I was not crazy about her hat either but it looks great on Mary.
I really hate when reporters take a few shots of Mary when she has some problem with a shoe. Does really everything have to be photographed?

This is a lovely outfit of Mary's, and I think appropriate for this visit. I also love the hat it suits Mary. The gloves, well an American friend said it was very respectful to wear them.

Wow - I personally think Mary looks amazing here, so elegant and restrained, like a 1940's screen Goddess. She is perfection!

Mary is looking very 'Kennedy - ish', certainly stylish and trying to stay in keeping with the location.

That was my impression too. I like her dress, and I don't mind all the prints she is wearing this trip. This hat isn't bad, but she looks much better in a hat with a big brim. I like the look without the gloves.

I quite like the dress. I would prefer she wear white accessories.

June 6, 2010 - Mary in white pants/jeans and a caftan printed top in very soft colors matched with a pair of flats.

Top ** Top Full length ** Full view

Later that afternoon Mary changed into a new dark purple dress and lovely purple heels. The dress is lovely, finally something that is a solid color with lovely detailing on the front of the dress.

Full view ** Shoes

Last edited:
Gosh those shoes!!!!!!! So pretty, love this purple dress too. The caftan is ok, a bit wishy- washy in colour. Casual but dressy though so that's nice.

I love both outfit, but especially the purple one. She looks beautiful.

Loving the purple outfit - particularly the shoes - best outfit so far on this trip IMO.

Hey, Mary reads us, as it seems. Purple is a lovely solid colour indeed - she looked fantastic! The 1st casual outfit looked nice as well. I loved her pink ballerinas!

Very pretty shoes! She looks great.

I think this is the best outfit till now ..

Purple dress very nice, not my favorite color but it still looks great, I love the shoes!

^^
It's difficult to really see the outfit.

June 6, 2010 - Mary in white pants/jeans and a caftan printed top in very soft colors matched with a pair of flats.
Top ** Top Full length ** Full view

Later that afternoon Mary changed into a new dark purple dress and lovely purple heels.
Full view ** Shoes
The caftan is pretty and summery looking. I love the light colours.

Second outfit is nice. Her purple shoes are fantastic!

^^
It's difficult to really see the outfit.

This is the first clear enough picture posted in the USA visit thread. I will post a better one when I can find one.

The casual outfit looks very nice, the caftan/tunic is lovely, very soft and summery. :)

I like the purple dress too, but I'm not that crazy about the shoes because of their color. JMO.

The purple outfit is my fave so far including the shoes. :flowers:

The first outfit is a grandma outfit. I don't like it at all.

The only thing good about the purple outfit is the shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom