The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
and she had a little problem with her louboutins belgapicture
Ah, I can't laugh, cause it has happened to me too (fortunately, only once). Both the hat and shoes are very elegant.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She's given in, and I quite like it. I love the outfit, black in this weather she must be boiling. I have had this trouble with high heels.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Courtier

I'm not liking Mary's outfits in this travel. The best one until now has been the flowery one. But the rest are just ok, and I expect much more from her. I hope she is is just waiting for Victoria's wedding to give her best.

This time I don't like the camel and black combination, and the pill box doesn't suit her although if it didn't have the flower (?) it would look much better on her.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
at Arlington National Cemetery CP adds beige pill box hat
belgapicture

and she had a little problem with her louboutins
belgapicture
Oh, I just love this look! The hat is gorgeous, lovely hairstyle and earrings. The dress per se looks a bit retro, but in a most positive way.
The shoes and bag are also great, she was even wearing gloves, judging from the second picture. Trés chic!
Old 06-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

The shoes & the bag look very good together. The hat is also very beautiful. But I don't like the dress.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

I do like the dress but not the hat. it does not look good, bad 60s

http://www.daylife.com/photo/00s13ya...=princess+mary

I like the dress and it look just classic with glasses without pillow hat and gloves.

http://www.daylife.com/photo/01Zie2c...=princess+mary
http://www.daylife.com/photo/05wW6Eq...=princess+mary
Old 06-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love it all. Dress very retro, but still tastful as they were at a cemetary. Hat and gloves and shoes.... awesome. I love nude accesories with black. I feel like I'm Mary gushing, but I have loved all outfits, shoes, hairdos and jewels this visit!

I am also looking foward to PVictoria's wedding to see all Mary's choices!!
Old 06-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm surprised to see Mary in such a dowdy outfit - lengthen the skirt, and the dress would be entirely fitting the style of her mother-in-law's wardrobe.
Everything here is kind of 'bad retro', but from different eras - a 1940s house dress plus a pill box hat that's more mid-80s Princess Diana than 60s Jackie Kennedy.
I don't like the print of the dress, but then one not-so-pretty print after another has been appearing on Mary during this visit.
Her wardrobe for the Washington trip is quite a disappointment so far, IMHO... strange, because Mary rarely disappoints.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Please, be merciful... The dress fitted Crown Princess Mary well. Beige accessories nicely completed the whole look. She looked soft feminine.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 06-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Courtier

Boris I have to agree with you once more
Old 06-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Nobility

I like her look today at the cemetery. Hat really suits her.
But frankly i don't understand the glove thing. Why is she wearing gloves?
Is there some kind of meaning of wearing them? It's summer time and it looks odd.

http://img226.imagevenue.com/img.php...0_122_43lo.jpg
Old 06-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

Please, be merciful... The dress fitted Crown Princess Mary well. Beige accessories nicely completed the whole look. She looked soft feminine.
I think you see what I see, Al_Bina. CP Mary looked impeccable all these days. From head to toe!
Old 06-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Royal Highness

For me the outfit today was very classic and appropriate for what she and Frederick were doing. She looked lovely, very Jackie O. I have to agree that the beige accessories were wonderful.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

From where I'm sitting, she's got it right the entire trip. It's all been very feminine and light. Floral and abstract has been prominent with striking prints, yet tastefully expressed throughout the fabric.

As for the pillbox hat, there's nothing 80's about it whatsoever I'm afraid.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Nobility

Mary is looking very 'Kennedy - ish', certainly stylish and trying to stay in keeping with the location.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like this look, I have too. Gloves and Hat, Win! But it does look very "period costume". Like something out of a movie set rather than real life.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Courtier

IMO, the gloves were a little bit too much, for what I hear is rather hot in Washington, so no point in wearing them
Old 06-06-2010, 12:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
I love it all. Dress very retro, but still tastful as they were at a cemetary. Hat and gloves and shoes.... awesome. I love nude accesories with black. I feel like I'm Mary gushing, but I have loved all outfits, shoes, hairdos and jewels this visit!

I am also looking foward to PVictoria's wedding to see all Mary's choices!!
I agree!! Perfection with a capital P. It's been a while since we have had so much all at once, and it is fantastic!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 01:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

what it is this thing that she is with one shoe on the floor bending down to get it bear foot????? gloves really looks odd why gloves?
Old 06-06-2010, 01:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I dont like the dress, the print & color is too old fo rMary and does her nothing though it does fit nicely. The dress looks much better when the pillowbox hat is worn.

So far her wardrobe has been all print which is getting boring IMO even though some pieces are nice.

Closed Thread