Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2004 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tornadoes

Does anybody know who designed that gorgeous coat mary wore on the day of her wedding announcement??

I believe it's a Chanel creation. :p

Originally posted by Eliza@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 7:45 pm
I believe it's a Chanel creation. :p
It's not a chanel. I remember it's a danish designer, but I simply can't remember the name. Sorry...

yes...it was indeed a beautiful look..that coat. I thought it made the outfit! The dress I didn't particularily like, but it served its purpose.

I love coats like that...sigh..I even own a couple myself..
I am just saving up for some Italian shoes to really spoil myself!

I think Mary definitely isn't shy to wear her 'own' style in fashion.
She knows what shes comfortable in and she wears it well.

Mary has the most style of all the European royalty. She is contemporary and never dowdy. She is definitely a leader in fashion.

Originally posted by missally@Jun 28th, 2004 - 9:56 pm
Mary has the most style of all the European royalty. She is contemporary and never dowdy. She is definitely a leader in fashion.
:blink: :shock: :blink: Maybe you haven't seen the rest of the European royalty. I think the swedish princesses are a better dresser than Mary.

Maybe it is a matter of personal taste. :p

Originally posted by Alisa@Jun 28th, 2004 - 10:19 pm
Maybe it is a matter of personal taste. :p
Yes, we do have differences of tastes but saying that Mary is definitely leader in fashion is another story - either omit the world definitely or add IMO :flower:

Originally posted by missally Jun 28th, 2004 - 9:56 pm

Mary has the most style of all the European royalty. She is contemporary and never dowdy.  She is definitely a leader in fashion.
Originally posted by nouwrein Jun 28th, 2004 - 10:11 pm

:blink: :shock: :blink: Maybe you haven't seen the rest of the European royalty. I think the swedish princesses are a better dresser than Mary.
I think its one thing to criticise someone, but another thing to say "I like this person". I think as long as its not a bad thing, then one is free to say "she most definitely is", because as we all know, most of us aren't expressing facts, just opinion.

How many say "Letizia has the most beautiful bone structure" or "Alex is the most wonderful princess" or "maxima is the most friendliest" etc??? That's all ok!!!! Everthing we say here is a matter of opinion, but as long as its a praise as oppose to a criticism, then it ought to be left alone. But suddenly because it's Mary, then it has to be preceded with an "IMO"??

I also don't think its fair to say "maybe yout haven't seen the other princesses".... I'm pretty sure all posters in this board (containing as it does, pictures of princesses from other royal houses) have seen teh other princesses. I think in taht remark there's a big intention there to say "well you can't see properly if you've reached that conclsion!". Its kinda harsh IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
But suddenly because it's Mary, then it has to be preceded with an "IMO"??
I didn't make that rule - just because it is Mary.
I also don't think its fair to say "maybe yout haven't seen the other princesses".... I'm pretty sure all posters in this board (containing as it does, pictures of princesses from other royal houses) have seen teh other princesses. I think in taht remark there's a big intention there to say "well you can't see properly if you've reached that conclsion!". Its kinda harsh IMO.
That's how I reacted with this.. sorry...
Mary has the most style of all the European royalty.

I'm sorry too :flower: .

I think it is kind of hard when a someone you don't like as much (you don't even have to dislike them or hate them, just that you don't think as much of that person as others do) is being praised constantly by others. I mean I'm not saying that you necessarily despise Mary... but the constant praise for one can, funnily enough, turn one against that person. Sometimes you just feel like saying "ok shut up already! I get the point. Don't belabour it because I dont even agree with it!! taht person you're talking about is NOT ALL THAT!! " :p (sheez... alright, that's my frustration coming out :lol: )

I presuming that that's the case with you I suppose (if its not then just ignore this rambling post!).

But I suppose we all have to keep repeating to ourselves "everyone has different opinions, everyone has different opinions" everytime we see a post we don't like, or else we'll just really stress ourselves out! :p

as some of you would know. i like mary.

so, everytime if i see a thread saying negative things about her,or comparing her to other princess' , i just ignored them.

Because, as Jasl, so brilliantly put it, people have different opinions on things.
different strokes for different people, i guess.

well, that's just how i look at things :p and in order for me not getting worked up on such things as trivial as this. i just don't let it get to me.
:flower:

I really think Mary has the best style of all the European Princesses. I would love to have her clothes. Mary is the princess I can relate to the most. But as Jasl said it is a matter of personal opinion.

I am also glad to see the board up again. {Deleted comments regarding another message board.}

Originally posted by Fashionista100@Jun 29th, 2004 - 8:41 am
I really think Mary has the best style of all the European Princesses. I would love to have her clothes. Mary is the princess I can relate to the most. But as Jasl said it is a matter of personal opinion.

I am also glad to see the board up again.
{Deleted comments regarding another message board.}
I agree with you Fashionista on everything. And to get back on topic I would like to ad that Marys style fit the style of many of the danish girl, she has often worn danish designers (not all the time...). But everything she wears is something we danish girls admire - Sorry to speak for everyone, I know their is propably also different opinions on this in Denmark aswell, but at least the danish girls I know also admire her style very much. Yeah Mary!!!! :p

Originally posted by MarieLouise@Jun 29th, 2004 - 9:51 am
And to get back on topic I would like to ad that Marys style fit the style of many of the danish girl, she has often worn danish designers (not all the time...). But everything she wears is something we danish girls admire - Sorry to speak for everyone, I know their is propably also different opinions on this in Denmark aswell, but at least the danish girls I know also admire her style very much. Yeah Mary!!!!  :p
I agree with you, and actually I have had the same thoughts.

CPM very quickly adopted the danish fashionstyle, which I think is a bit more casual and "luxury-bohemian" than a more international style.

But I must admit, that I really love, when she wears the more classic style. I think that the suit, she wore of the day of the engagement, has been the best suit up to this day.

And a bit off topic: I also have learned to prefer LTR because of what I would call a nicer tone here. There has to be room for criticism and differences in opinion, but it gets tiring when all the debate is about being mean towards one person. I was disappointed yesterday though. I don't think, it was right to close this board. Instead the members, who aren't following the rule, should have been banned.

Originally posted by Chatleen@Jun 29th, 2004 - 11:54 am
And a bit off topic: I also have learned to prefer LTR because of what I would call a nicer tone here. There has to be room for criticism and differences in opinion, but it gets tiring when all the debate is about being mean towards one person.
I only post here at LTR too, because it's a nicer tone. People have opinions and favorites, but they are not nasty. That "other" board is nasty to Mary--or was--I haven't looked at a Mary realted post there for so much time I don't know if it's changed. I have made no secret that Mary is not my favorite, but she's a nice girl with lots of fine qualities and there is nothing at all to be mean about, toward her or any of the new princess consorts.

Originally posted by sky@Jul 1st, 2004 - 7:30 pm
Since we are taking about mary's fashion here is a link about the man who gives her fashion Danish designer Uffe Frank. He talks about Mary and making the wedding dress.

http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/content/te...d=1915&zoneid=2
Does anyone know the source - www.fashionweekdaily.com? It really seems so odd, that the designer would give such statements.

If he really said this, I doubt that he would ever get a job for the danish royal family again.

I don't think he'll get a job for the Danish royal family ever again. Didn't he design Alexandra's dress? How hard is it to remember her name, he is a Dane, after all.

Originally posted by sky@Jul 1st, 2004 - 7:58 pm
I don't think he'll get a job for the Danish royal family ever again. Didn't he design Alexandra's dress? How hard is it to remember her name, he is a Dane, after all.
No, he didn't design her dress. I think, it was the late Jørgen Bender, who made her dress.

Actually I had never heard of Uffe Frank until he made the wedding dress for Mary.

Originally posted by Chatleen+Jul 1st, 2004 - 6:34 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chatleen @ Jul 1st, 2004 - 6:34 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sky@Jul 1st, 2004 - 7:30 pm
Since we are taking about mary's fashion here is a link about  the man who gives her fashion Danish designer Uffe Frank. He talks about Mary and making the wedding dress. 

http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/content/te...d=1915&zoneid=2
Does anyone know the source - www.fashionweekdaily.com? It really seems so odd, that the designer would give such statements.

If he really said this, I doubt that he would ever get a job for the danish royal family again. [/b][/quote]
I don't know... it might be legit or it might not. The site itself is haphazardly done (even if I can't work photoshop, I know that their banner looks really cut-and-paste! :p ) .

The person being interviewed also said Prince Phillip was sent by QEII; but it was Edward. This also doesn't sound like a designer talking "There must be a sleeve of some kind. I made a ¾ sleeve with a petal detail ". I think he would call it by its proper name. Furthermore, it wasn't really "petal detailing"... doesn't "detailing" refer to embroidery etc (not cut/style)?

But perhaps this was the clincher "I met her through friends who know her well." Uffe Frank is not totally unkown to the Danish royal family - he a black gown for QM previously. I'm convinced that it was that connection, as opposed to meeting Mary through some friends, that led to Uffe Frank being offered the job.

hey,

I asked the first question about the coat mary donaldson wore on her engagement. Does anyone know where I can get it from?????

He look Chanel, but i just read that is from a danish designer. Sorry, i don't now the name.

Originally posted by tornadoes@Jul 5th, 2004 - 7:56 am
hey,

I asked the first question about the coat mary donaldson wore on her engagement. Does anyone know where I can get it from?????
Earlier I wrote the name of the danish designer: Kent Fredin. The dress was made especially for Mary, so it's not possible to buy it, until someone makes a copy that is....

Thanks MarieLouise I alwys wanted to know the designer. ;)

Your welcome. Someone reminded me - I couldn't remember. It really was a nice outfit, but I must admit that I love when she wears outfitts that are not to classic, because I like her personal style. However I can't remember that she has ever worn anything I didn't like. :p

Originally posted by missally@Jun 28th, 2004 - 10:56 pm
Mary has the most style of all the European royalty. She is contemporary and never dowdy.  She is definitely a leader in fashion.
Im sorry to say she dsnt have the style of "ALL EUROPEAN ROYALTY" there are some royaltys who are well or should say better dressed than Crown Princess Marry. For example, Crown princess Letizia of spain, Princess Mathilda of Belgium..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom