Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2004 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maibe some like Letizia stay better, the skin colour..

Larzen posted that Mary's recent deep purple evening gown worn in New York was from Alexander McQueen's 2004 Collection.

This dress, or at least a variation of it, was worn by Oprah Winfrey last September at the 5th Annual Directors Guild Of America Honors.

So the full range, first two pictures posted originally by Larzen.

Attachments

• mary.jpg
    mary.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,098
  • Alexander McQueen colección 2004.jpg
    Alexander McQueen colección 2004.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,186
  • oprah.jpg
    oprah.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,008
I thought Mary looked (on the whole) very pretty for the evening gala at the New York Public library. Her hair was very pretty and sophisticated. Her make up was lovely and I did sort of like the deep purple Alexander McQueen gown she donned. I think it's a difficult dress to wear well and it might have been more understated in the dark navy shown on the model above making it more elegant. Anyone else think it would be a knock-out in black?

Eventhough the gown seems to be more Princess Mabel of the Netherlands than Princess Mary of Denmark, I actually think, imho, this is the best Mary has looked at a formal event so far. While the gown is difficult I think this was the most pulled together Mary has ever looked.

Last edited:
Julia said:
I thought Mary looked (on the whole) very pretty for the evening gala at the New York Public library. Her hair was very pretty and sophisticated. Her make up was lovely and I did sort of like the deep purple Alexander McQueen gown she donned. I think it's a difficult dress to wear well and it might have been more understated in the dark navy shown on the model above making it more elegant. Anyone else think it would be a knock-out in black?

Eventhough the gown seems to be more Princess Mabel of the Netherlands than Princess Mary of Denmark, I actually think, imho, this is the best Mary has looked at a formal event so far. While the gown is difficult I think this was the most pulled together Mary has ever looked.

I agree, overall she did look great. I just don't like the wrap thing on the dress. I suppose if you took it off, the dress would be too plain. I'm not much of a know it all when it comes to fashion, but I do know what I like, and I just found that wrap thing distracting.

I think the wrap highlighted Mary's wonderful figure and the whole outfit was rather slinky!

I like the version the model wore better, where the wrap was all the way down to the floor. But I guess it's pretty hard to wear.

Cissan said:
I like the version the model wore better, where the wrap was all the way down to the floor. But I guess it's pretty hard to wear.

yes, the one the model wore with the wrap long, down to the floor makes it more goddesslike and elegant

Ok, is princess Mary reading our forum? We start saing that her collans stay bad with the cloth and she change for this, much better :D

Attachments

• 97657eac.jpg
    97657eac.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 917
  • AP453758_guest.jpg
    AP453758_guest.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 3,429
The Princess might be reading them! HRH seems to have ditched the opaque stockings she wore on her recent trip to New York.

.... probably because New York was absolutely freezing whereas I don't think Copenhagen even had heaps of snow during Christmas... so Copenhagen's having a fairly mild winter.

micas said:
Ok, is princess Mary reading our forum? We start saing that her collans stay bad with the cloth and she change for this, much better :D

I love the colours she is wearing on these 2 pictures, very romantic

Coat by Prada

Attachments

• prada2.jpg
    prada2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 2,141
  • prada.jpg
    prada.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 479
A Swedish newspaper that wrote an article and followed Mary at the fashion fair says that she took the opportunity to get a summer- and autumn wardrobe (at least started it).

Apparently she chose several pieces of clothing in the colour turquoise at In Wear and Jackpot. She has also ordered 12 pieces of clothing from K'Å's fall collection.

Here are two pieces that she has ordered from K'Å:

Attachments

• 1874912d.jpg
    1874912d.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 394
  • 312be2ba.jpg
    312be2ba.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 391
Larzen said:
Coat by Prada

So it's definitely a Prada coat? The collar looks the same (but her Marni coat had a similar collar), and the print kind of looks Prada, but I'm not really sure.

Im 99 % sure it is Prada, the cut, the details around the neck and the collar are the same, and the pattern is similar to what they used on many clothes from that collection.

This black silk coat is by Danish design house K'Å (thanks to Thor from CPMaryMB :) ). Apparently, a week after sending the CPss the coat, K'Å received a thank you note from the Chief of Court on behalf of the Crown Princess. So they sent her more pieces and sometimes received notes from Mary's personaly stylist re alterations that needed to be made etc. (all this info came from Thor's translation of Billed Bladet, so thanks Thor! )

Attachments

• 07Dec04BentFabriciusBjerres80thCWilmannThomas.jpg
    07Dec04BentFabriciusBjerres80thCWilmannThomas.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,945
Thanks to Ingrid at the CPME board this skirt is by Baum und Pferdgarten

Attachments

• CP at Legoland 2.jpg
    CP at Legoland 2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,999
Some1 have a nice pic from that scourt?

Last edited:
It's funny, I thought I posted the best picture I could find of the skirt:)

From looking at most of the outfits CP Mary wears, she hardly ever seems to wear a suit (skirt/jacket combo)...instead she seems to favour jackets paired with longer and more full skirts. IMO this sets her apart from many other royal women and first ladies.

1 and 2 Celine dress (from vogue.co.uk and polfoto)

3 and 4 Prada Bag (from vogue.co.uk and BT.dk)

5 and 6 Prada Suit?? The pockets at the dress is the same as on the suit but cant be 100% sure. The shoes are also by Prada. (from abacapress and firstview.com)

Attachments

• celine.jpg
    celine.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 635
  • fabrisius.jpg
    fabrisius.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 2,002
  • prada2.jpg
    prada2.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 2,033
  • prada.jpg
    prada.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 826
  • prada 3.jpg
    prada 3.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 3,264
  • prada4.jpg
    prada4.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
Henrik Hviid confirms to BilledBladet that he made this dress (from polfoto.dk)

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,346
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,858
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 375
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,339
Alisa said:
It's funny, I thought I posted the best picture I could find of the skirt:)

hihi ..that's true Alisa special for Micas more pictures..

Attachments

• 245086_large.jpg
    245086_large.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 245046_large.jpg
    245046_large.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 335
  • 245088_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    245088_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 280
  • 245098_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    245098_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 285
  • 234.jpg
    234.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,403
Marys pink suede bag used in Australia and for boarding Danebrog before the summertour is by Prada, I have found two somewhat similar pink suede bags by Prada, its not quite the same

Attachments

• NML5465_mn.jpg
    NML5465_mn.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,520
  • 2732620_mary3web.jpg
    2732620_mary3web.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 2,128
  • 6xq01kr6_guest.jpg
    6xq01kr6_guest.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,880
  • NML5468_mn.jpg
    NML5468_mn.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
I wonder if this is the same bag or if it is two similar ones?

Attachments

• prada.jpg
    prada.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1,808
  • prada2.jpg
    prada2.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 319
Marys top and skirt is by Danish label Heartmade spring summer 2005 collection, Im not a fan....especially not of the combination

Attachments

• heartmade.jpg
    heartmade.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 2,084
  • 1020804_38stor.jpg
    1020804_38stor.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 2,047
  • mary10_gallery__550x370,0.jpg
    mary10_gallery__550x370,0.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,582
  • 2732620_mary3web.jpg
    2732620_mary3web.jpg