Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2004 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, here is one more for you! Prada dress for Henriks birthday. Just imagine it without the scarf...

Attachments

• 6wi01lf7_guest.jpg
    6wi01lf7_guest.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 389
  • prada2.jpg
    prada2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 413
  • henriks birthday.jpg
    henriks birthday.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:
In the Style Watch section of the latest edition of People magazine two actresses are featured wearing the dress. They both wore the dress the same way that CP Mary did, without the scarve.

More Prada, pictures from Billedbladet, Polfoto, vogue.co.uk and getty

Suit by Prada
Dress and Cardigan by Prada
Beige shoes by Prada

The pink dress was also very popular amongst other celebreties
Gwyneth Pal-t-row, TV chef Nigella Lawson and Actress Ellen Pompeo

Attachments

• 0000048marykjole.jpg
    0000048marykjole.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1,869
  • 00280f.jpg
    00280f.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 621
  • 6zj01lkp_guest.jpg
    6zj01lkp_guest.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,856
  • 0000048mary_b.jpg
    0000048mary_b.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,719
  • 51074176.jpg
    51074176.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 498
  • 51472057.jpg
    51472057.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 522
  • 51577991.jpg
    51577991.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
Since she is always in Prada, does she get some stuff for free, or does she borrow some, or there given to her or does she actually buy them? it seems that she has almost the whole collection.

I'm sure she gets some of it for free! It's quite a coup for a princess to wear your designs (free publicity!)

i still dont understand why the people with the money get these things for free.... i can say at least shopping is good theropy for her royal duties :) works every time

I really love PMary's style, but recently every time I see her I'm geeting the feeling that she greatly resembles Queen Rania, at least her style does.

farah said:
she greatly resembles Queen Rania, at least her style does.
it's quite true,because both are designer's horse,I think such people dont have any confidence,they wear what is designed for them whithout thinking if the dress goes with them,while mary look good in this parada skirt,rania looks hidous in it

Attachments

• 512784668.jpg
    512784668.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 850
  • 0000048marykjole.jpg
    0000048marykjole.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 786
Actually, Rania wouldn't have looked bad if she had worn another top with the skirt, like Mary did. Rania just wore the dress as it came and I must the top part of the dress wasn't all that appealing.

The thing with these dresses is that they were probably chosen based on how they looked on reed thin models on a runway. The individual has to make the decision whether it looks good on them or not.

pdas1201 said:
Actually, Rania wouldn't have looked bad if she had worn another top with the skirt, like Mary did. Rania just wore the dress as it came and I must the top part of the dress wasn't all that appealing.
You took the words right out of my mouth!!! ^___^ i think the original top is hideous Mary was just better at noticing this ^___^ the bottom of the dress is very beautiful though!

Rania is also pregnant which does not help the way the dress look

No, its not really because the top half of the dress is hideous, its just that the dress was designed so as to show some cleavage, which of course Rania couldn't do. So Rania had to pin hers together, which ruined the whole look (you can see how much more revealing - relatively speaking - Mary's dress is, even with the cardigan... it was meant to be like that). Rania could've worn a cardigan, but it was probably too hot (being near the equator and all).

Btw, Mary wore the dress first (he he) but the runway model wore it before either of them!

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks Prada has become the Gap for celebrities and wealthy people? Prada has become a kind of uniform.

Last edited:
Jasl said:
No, its not really because the top half of the dress is hideous, its just that the dress was designed so as to show some cleavage, which of course Rania couldn't do. So Rania had to pin hers together, which ruined the whole look (you can see how much more revealing - relatively speaking - Mary's dress is, even with the cardigan... it was meant to be like that). Rania could've worn a cardigan, but it was probably too hot (being near the equator and all).

Btw, Mary wore the dress first (he he) but the runway model wore it before either of them!
do you know where i may see the dress on a model with the top part of the dress properly worn??? ^__^

Well here's a pic of Gwyneth Pal t r ow wearing the dress (thanks to Dagmar from CPMaryMB) and the model.

Attachments

• gwen.jpg
    gwen.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 333
  • 00280f.jpg
    00280f.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,325
Last edited:
wow...its one popular dress but who could blame it for being so nice! i want one now too.

About the prada dress, i think it looked best on Queen Rania.It totally did not suit CP Mary, i wonder what she was thinking wearing it with that sweater.Sometimes i think that they just wear cloths without thinking and think of the designer before thinking if it suits them.The color was nice but the whole thing looked messy on CP Marry.

Guess Who said:
About the prada dress, i think it looked best on Queen Rania.It totally did not suit CP Mary, i wonder what she was thinking wearing it with that sweater.Sometimes i think that they just wear cloths without thinking and think of the designer before thinking if it suits them.The color was nice but the whole thing looked messy on CP Marry.
Wow, really? I totally disagree. Don't get me wrong, I think Q Rania is one of the most fashionable royals around (perhaps THE most, after my own fave Mary of course... well actually they're all good), but the way she pinned that dress together totally ruinned it IMO. The material was supposed to fold gently over the chest and expose a bit of cleavage, but pinning i made it look sack-like around the top.

I'm still scratching my head.... different tastes I suppose.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64549 http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64550

Last edited:
it seems these women can't win! when they were couture head to toe they are criticised for unthinkingly adopting a designer look. But both of them adapted a dress to suit their circumstance (at a guess R to suit her pregnancy and requirements of modesty, although I note her arms were pretty bare, and CPM due to chilly weather and maybe a similar concern about modesty) and they are both criticised.

Although designer's clothes are chic but i think it's a bit odd to pay so much money for a dress and later see some1else wearing the same dress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom