Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2004 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The wonderfully gorgeous white coat Mary wore to the 75th anniversary of the Danneborg is a Malene Birger creation :flowers: (Thanks to the CPMMB for that information!)

It's funny, that you mention that the off white cream coat was by Malene Birger, Jess.

When I first saw it, the coat reminded me of a creation by Valentino several years ago. Exactly right down to the detailed embroidery. Dazzling and I discussed this before, about Malene's designs, and once again it confirms by belief about her: She's completely unoriginal. Her designs, use of fabrics, cut, and overall style is essentially a slight knock off of more established, popular designers. Also her designs are very similar to creations first seen several seasons ago.

Malene Birger is talented, but she needs to find her own style, creativity and original designs.

:flowers:
off my soapbox now

Mary looks beautiful as usual. It was a nice timing to see her, i liked the color of the outfit & the flower in her hair. Chrisitian cute as ever but i dont like the way he was dressed, i know he is still a kid but they could do better in dressing him for such events. Marie i must say looked good, it was great to see her attending.

I have to say I agree withthe general concensus about Mary's outfit and look...absolutely fabulous!! I love how she always wears cropped three quarter sleeved jackets/cardigans teamed with something quirky and original...the pleated flouncy skirt of her dress and the oversized flower in her hair...

As for the Christian comments I have to strongly DISAGREE...cut the kid some slack, he is only a kid after all...he should be allowed to be comfortable and not wear something just to make his parents look good...and Frederik might well say "He's a child, not a doll!" ;) And who knows what his parents had planned for him once he got there?..maybe he wasn't even at the actual christening...maybe there was a play area/creche at the venue...it was held at a castle, was it not? Lots of space for kids to run around and play while their parents sat through the ceremony, perhaps?

Mary looks fantastic:flowers: Thats one of my favorite outfits, and the hairdo is FANTASTIC:wub:

I've seen these two colours (grey/silver + pink) combined in Mary's outfits before. I believe they suit her very well. Is this outfit 'recycled', btw?

What a beutiful skirt on the dress she wore to the Christening. Never satisfied, I wish I could have seen the jewelry pinned to the jacket. Can't remember the fabulous female photographer's name (MG?) but she would have captured the details most other photographers ignore. I'm really not complaining since I am really impressed with the pictures we see.

We have seen the pin on the jacket before. It is the black and pearl pin. Where there is a cluster of pearls in the center and black petals with pearls on the end. She has worn it several times. I believe she has a new pearl ring she wore.

The dress and jacket are new for Mary.

As for Christian, as I said in the Denmark session. He was dressed right. He had a suit jacket on. Which he took off later. He needs loose clothes as he is a toddler and a boy. They don't sit still. And as a mom of a baby boy, there are only 2 things you can dress them in. A suit jacket, like Christian wore, which is expensive. Or a sweater vest. There isn't much dress up for boys.

Time to close this thread. Thanks to everyone who posted and please join us in the new thread here.

Happy posting!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom