The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 01:15 AM
Commoner

Once again, the great Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, she's not afraid of mixing and matching just because she's a future Queen. How practical she is. And as previously said, she's so smart when it comes to doing that it is hard to notice when she actually does it. That's why she's my favorite royal. Maybe she should teach Paris Hilton how to dress with class!

Old 08-24-2006, 03:03 AM
Royal Highness

Mary recycling this belt:

(Credit: Polfoto)
Crown Princess Mary taking over the Danish Heart Association as patron. Prince Henrik graciously stepped down as patron because of Mary's passion for this organization (Mary's mother died of heart disease)

(Credit: Polfoto)
Mary and Frederik at a State Lunch as part of the 2005 Australia visit.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:25 AM
Royal Highness

Mary recycling this olive green suede jacket:

(Credit: Royalportraits.nl)
Mary at CIFF 2005.

(Credit: Seeger Press)
This time wearing the jacket with a belt, Mary at CIFF 2006.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Arabella
Once again, the great Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, she's not afraid of mixing and matching just because she's a future Queen. How practical she is. And as previously said, she's so smart when it comes to doing that it is hard to notice when she actually does it. That's why she's my favorite royal. Maybe she should teach Paris Hilton how to dress with class!
Perhaps it would be pertinent to point out that unlike other Royal ladies, Mary has a personal stylist. If anyone should get the credit for recycling(which is something that every Royal woman should do so I can't see why it warrants praise) it should be Anja, not Mary.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I would be certain that Mary would have a rather large say on what she re-wears. I mean, what woman wouldn't?

Praise? I dont think it warrants praise but it should be duly noted that she is not wasteful or indifferent about what she wears. This is a good trait to have so I do support, what is no doubt, her choice to be resourceful and if she is assisted by a stylist then why not and good on her. I am sure that most royal ladies re-cycle outfits which is great.

Unfortunately I see just how wasteful woman can be with clothing so to see world figures such as Mary, Maxima etc setting a trend to be resourceful is really very promising.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Royal Highness

I'm not saying Mary should receive praise for recycling (I agree that all princesses should) but sometimes she is hounded about shopping and not recycling as frequently as other princesses. I just think she deserves more credit than some people give her.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Gentry

She just looks great overall. hardly any misses in her wardrobe. who is her stylist? i wouldve wanted to "shop" with the stylist if i were mary. i cant imagine having all my new clothes brought straight to the palace. that is kinda sad :(
Old 08-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Princess Mary wearing this new dark-blue dress .
The dress looks really nice on Mary. Don't know about the shoes...

Fotomarktplatz

Old 08-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Perhaps it would be pertinent to point out that unlike other Royal ladies, Mary has a personal stylist. If anyone should get the credit for recycling(which is something that every Royal woman should do so I can't see why it warrants praise) it should be Anja, not Mary.
Naive!!! All the princesses has a stylist or something similar. Do you really think Maxima, Letizia, Matilde or the other princeses go out in the shops and buy thier clothes themself NO They all have people to help them
Old 08-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Aristocracy

I want to see Mary recycling her stunning beige/sand dress that she wore at her engagement.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraKhan
I want to see Mary recycling her stunning beige/sand dress that she wore at her engagement.
I agree with you! I loved that dress and it suited her so well. The colour and the quality of that dress design were Perfect.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Are you referring to this dress?

Picture supplied by hkhkronprinsen.dk - edited & rehosted
Old 08-26-2006, 03:44 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
Are you referring to this dress?

Picture supplied by hkhkronprinsen.dk - edited & rehosted
Yes, that's the one!
Old 08-26-2006, 04:14 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
She may have done that - if she wore it with the engagement coat again (I love that coat - the beige one with the straps - it was beautiful IMO).
At the opening of parliament in October two years ago, she wore the coat - and probably the dress under it. At that occasion she also wore a rather ugly brown hat that sort of took away some of the glamour of the coat - and she looked pale and not well. Think it was shortly before she had her gall bladder operation so no wonder if she didn't feel OK.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

The engagement outfit is still my favourite Mary outfit, it looked just perfect and glam on the engagement. IMO it should not be recycled anymore, it could be put in an exhibition along with the weddingdress or something like that. The time she wore it to the opening of folketinget all looked wrong, the hair, the ugly hat and the rather long frumpy brown dress she wore under it, shiny nylons and shiny makeup. The beautiful coat could not make up for it. Added to that I agree with Userdane she did not look well at all, maybe from her gall stone.
fotomarktplatz/Polfoto
Old 08-26-2006, 05:41 AM
Royal Highness

You're right Larzen - she wore a different dress with that gorgeous coat at that time - I'd forgotten that.

Just checked the press releases from 2004. She was operated on 11 October, 2004, and the Parliament opens during the first week of October - so she probably was feeling like being any place else than in the spotlight at a Parliament opening.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromEU
Naive!!! All the princesses has a stylist or something similar. Do you really think Maxima, Letizia, Matilde or the other princeses go out in the shops and buy thier clothes themself NO They all have people to help them
If name-calling's your thing then so be it. However not all Royal princesses have a stylist. It's fairly well-known that certain Royals don't have one whilst others, like Rania, for example does.
Just becuase you're not aware of that doesn't make it untrue.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Aristocracy

All princesses recycle their clothes - that's probably why every CP has a similar thread in this forum - and they all desrve a 'well done' for the imaginative way they reuse different items and accessories. Mary seems to get a bad rep for apparently spending tonnes on clothes so it is good to see that the same pieces crop up again from time to time. Mary has a stylist - it's no big deal....

On a different point, the green shoes Mary weras with the new wrap dress; are they the same ones she wore to a fashion show thing a while back with jeans?
Old 08-26-2006, 10:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
If name-calling's your thing then so be it. However not all Royal princesses have a stylist. It's fairly well-known that certain Royals don't have one whilst others, like Rania, for example does.
Just becuase you're not aware of that doesn't make it untrue.

How do u know that Rania "for example" doesn't have a stylist,because when i see the makeover she had after she was made a Queen,it says me she HAS one.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
How do u know that Rania "for example" doesn't have a stylist,because when i see the makeover she had after she was made a Queen,it says me she HAS one.
Perhaps you should go back and re-read what I said. I said Rania does have a stylist.

Tags
crown princess mary, fashion