Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2004 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that dress comes with the option of either being made as a dress or a skirt...either way, it looks great on both women.

RachelD said:
I guess that dress comes with the option of either being made as a dress or a skirt...either way, it looks great on both women.

True, both versions are cute. but the dress to me, could only be used at night where the skirt could be used day and night:)

Does anyone know if Mary patronizes a Danish designer for everyday wear- like Diana used to buy regularly from Catherine Walker? Mary seems to buy high end couture/ designer outfits, which even if she gets freebies (which I doubt because someone would leek that to the press) would be prohibitively expensive.

soCal girl said:
Mary recycling this green coat:

(Credit: Polfoto)
Mary and Christian leaving the hospital.

(Credit: Retna)
Mary and Christian leaving Switzerland.

Thanks to CPMMB

Just a side note, Christian is a fan of recycling too!

(Credit: The official website of The Crown Prince and The Crown Princess of Denmark)
Just take a look at the photo of Mary and Christian leaving Switzerland! :flowers: :wub:

Recycling the coat (posted by marilla from http://www.flygtning.dk/Reception.3318.0.html) at Danish Refugee Council Reception

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
LadyK said:
Look at the baby!!! You can finally see a bump in that dress. Yay!:flowers:

Sorry to disappoint you, but I thnk they are discussing a picture of Mary from her first pregnancy. :sad: See this post.

RachelD said:
Isn't this the same dress she wore to the opening of parliament? I couldn't find better pictures...sorry!

http://danishroyalwatchers.blogspot.com

Photo from GettyImages:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72075192.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=8AF8AF6A335E5B088C01F99AD72BB2C6

No, it's not the same coat. The one Princess Mary wore to the Danish Parliament opening has two inverted pleats in the front and the sleeves end just past her elbow. The one she wore at this christening, the sleeves go all the way to her wrist and no pleats in the front. Also, the collars/lapels are different in both.

What I'd like to know is whether the lace skirt/dress she wore underneath this coat is the same as the one in the Parliament opening. It looks the same but without a hi-res photo, it's hard to tell.

Either way, both white coats look really great on Princess Mary!

Best wishes,

Ayvee

Now this isn't really related to "Mary recycling" a dress...but I just saw Sarah Ferguson in the purple satin ribbon intertwined dress thingy and up until then I thought when Mary wore this dress she looked ordinary and the dress was blah...But Fergie has changed all that...I now concede that Mary looked absolutely ravishing in it...It looks all WRONG on the Duchess!!! ;)

Xeara said:
Now this isn't really related to "Mary recycling" a dress...but I just saw Sarah Ferguson in the purple satin ribbon intertwined dress thingy and up until then I thought when Mary wore this dress she looked ordinary and the dress was blah...But Fergie has changed all that...I now concede that Mary looked absolutely ravishing in it...It looks all WRONG on the Duchess!!! ;)

Do you happen to have a photo of Sarah in this dress? It would be interesting for comparisons sake.

Well at least her recycle jobs are better than CP Victoria. Mary is good with mixing and matching. I am sure that came from growing up middle class in Australia. I do the same thing. No one can say she's just spending up the CP Fred's allowance. I think it's fine that princesses' are recycling their clothes.

I was wondering if anyone has the pictures of the outfit that the princess wore recently while in Australia. It was a long skirt with a top and cardigan when she was leaving Tasmania for Melbourne. I remenber reading somewhere that she had worn this skirt another time as well. If anyone has pictures of both the occasions that would be great. Thanks.

thanks alisa thats the one. Its a lovely skirt, and i see the princess wore it the same way both times.

Xeara said:
Empress...check the Hello magazine website (royalty and statesmen) Fergie is in a "Dancing with the stars" article...the photo is of her in the dress with Jackie Chan...anyway here's the link:

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/12/12/sarah-ferguson-dance/

oooommmphhh! That is not a happy thing in life. Mary looks much better in the dress. I always liked that dress anyway though.

Thanks for posting the link

dazzling said:
This is a great skirt, you can dress it up or down. Its different maybe because its long, but very suitable for daytime

I agree, the skirt is very versatile. I can easily see it being paired with a nice satin blouse worn for a state banquet!

thanksssssssss !!!!
Mary lookss fantastic

soCal girl said:
Mary has recycled this skirt five times so far:

Post 6
Post 9
Danish Royal Watchers Picture

This is such a versatile skirt! She has two different linings for the skirt which alters the look: light blue (Post 6) and beige (Post 9 link). The linings match whatever top she's wearing.

-Ayvee

Mary recycling this jacket and purple skirt:

Mary in 2004

Mary in 2006 attending a function for The Danish Cancer Foundation.
(^Thanks to Danish Royal Watchers)

Last edited:
I have to say, Mary is the best recycler: she reuses almost all of her pieces, but mixes and matches them in such a way as to render them almost unrecognizable, except to the sharp eyes of the members who post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom