Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2004 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary recycling this top and skirt:

(Credit: Getty Images)
Mary and Frederik in London, 2004.

(Credit: Billed Bladet)
Mary at the Minister's reception for the World Health Organization, 2006.

Thanks to CPMMB

Mary has worn some beautiful dresses lately. The orange dress in Prauge, the black & nude dress last night and that beautiful white one last month.

soCal girl said:
Mary recycling this suit:
I believe there's one more time but I can't seem to remember when she wore it. Mary also wore this suit for her first official royal portrait by Ralph Heimans.

Here are all the times she's worn this outfit:

1. 2. 3. 4 5. 6. 7.

1.Receiving pre-wedding gifts- May 2004
2.Official visit to Greenland- June 2004
3.Presenting a check to the Save the Children fund -October 2004
4.MIA diversity awards- March 2005
5.Baptizing ship 'Gudrun Mærsk'-October 2005
6.immortalized in a Ralph Heiman painting April 2006
7.Visit to Prague-Sept 2006

photos from: TV2, colourpress, BT, and Actionpress

soCal girl said:
Mary recycling this red top:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m78/chatterbox8589/M57.jpg
(Credit: APL)
Rock 'n Royal Concert 2004.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m78/chatterbox8589/M46.jpg
(Credit: Billed Bladet)
Mary at the WHO reception 2006.

Mary wore this top again in Australia with white pants and a white shawl but I coudn't find a picture with proper credit.

Thanks to CPPMB

Actually, Mary's worn this top a fourth time:

(Credit: Lars Moller)
Mary at a reception for foreign diplomats, 2005.

Thanks to CPMMB

Mary recycling this dress and blazer:

(Credit: Polfoto)
Mary and Frederik at Danfoss Universe, 2005.

Mary at Frederiksholm Children's Home, 2006.

An interesting tidbit: Mary first wore this outfit in May 2005 when she was approximately 3-4 months pregnant with Christian. Is she trying to give us any hints? Will there be a third royal baby in 2007?! We shall see! :lol:

Last edited:
Dear Members,

One of the most truly idiotic ideas floating around in royalty circles is this bizarre idea that a person of high rank in royalty who obviously does a great deal of appearing in public and is seen and photographed should never wear the same clothes more than once.

I have never understood why. At the same time there are those people who have, it seems nothing better to do with their time than count the number of times queen so and so or her royal highness etc wore this dress here and there and this evening gown nine times in the part 17 years.

Case in point is the drop dead and idisputably gorgeous Princess Mary, she wore these lovely clothes and then, having the good sense that matches her looks wore them again. If you have a really nice dress or gorgeous evening gown why in the world would you wear it only once. Makes no sense to me.

I notice that nobody has commented that Prince Frederick had on the same grey suit or the same black evening wear that he has worn 9 times before. As for the jewelry, Princess Mary has worn the incredible Desiree Clary parure any number of times, should we have a new set of jewels everytme there is an important occasion?

I think the worst waste is Queen Elizabeth II, she has some stunning stuff that she can only wear once. What a loss. If it looks great once, why can't it look as great or even better the second time around?

Of course, being an impoverished peasant and a man I have gotten away with recycling my clothes for years. I wore one dearly beloved jacket for over twenty five years until it almost fell apart, or if truth to tell I got to "hefty" to wear it. I have even broken down sometimes and in a moment of weakness washed my clothes or even had them, horrors, dry cleaned. But then, from a vulgar red neck men, what else would you expect? Cheers.

I actually like to see the different combinations that Mary (& the other royals) comes with for her wardrobe. I like seeing which different occasions where she thinks her different are suitable.:flowers:

It's nice to see Mary recycling her clothes, she has a great sense of style and she knows what looks good on her body.

Yes! She always changes her outfits, she mixes and matches....she gives every outfit a new and fresher look. I wish I could do that!

IMO Mary is one of the best for recycling her clothes - she wears them in a completely different manner the next time she wears them e.g. one time casual, next time smart...like you Rachel I wish I could do the same with my clothes.
Thomas, I think people in these recycling threads are more impressed with the way the royals recycle their clothes rather than asking why they do it.

Mary has recycled this coat several times:

Here's the post that shows the first two recyclings: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/185383-post24.html

Mary at the Roskilde Agricultural Fair, June 2005.

Mary accepts a donation for the Danish Mental Health Fund of which she is patron of, October 2006.

Thanks to CPMMB

Last edited:
Mary recycling this Malene Birger skirt:

(Credit: Getty Images)
Mary and Frederik at the Silver Wedding Anniversary of the Grand Ducal couple of Luxembourg, 2006.

Mary accepts a donation for the Danish Mental Health Fund of which she is patron of, October 2006.

Thanks to CPMMB.

Mary recycling this dress suit:

(Credit: Hola!, thanks to mtbcm)
Frederik and Mary at Prince Sverre Magnus's christening, 2006.

Margrethe and Mary at a meeting for clothing historians, 2006.

Thanks to CPMMB

Mary also wore just the skirt for a meeting with the Danish Mental Health Fund: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/496910-post199.html

Last edited:
Mary recycling this blouse:

(Credit: Landov)
Norwegian royals visit Denmark, 2005.

(Credit: Madeleine Glindorf)
Mary at the World Mental Health Day, 2006.

Thanks to CPMMB

Mary recycling this Heartmade by Julie Fagerholt top:

Mary139.jpg

(Credit: AU)
The DRF at Graasten 2006.

(Credit: TV2)
Mary at Kopenhagen Studio, 2006.

Thanks to CPMMB

almee said:
CP Mary has such great style. I admire her for her classic style but also for taking that leap when she wants to jazz things up a bit. She's not afraid to try new things and maybe make a mistake here and there. As for me, she rates up there with Audrey Hepburn and Princess Grace when it comes to style and elegance.

I could not agree more. My personal style icons are Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly/Princess Grace, Jacqueline Kennedy and now, Crown Princess Mary, and it is definitely because I love their classic styles.

That white dress is my favourite non-gala dress Mary has ever worn... I would shell out a lot of money for a dress like that! :lol:

I really like her white coat ! she looks fab in it !

It's from Prada. I saw it on a program on The Travel Channel. Samantha Brown was being tutored on Prada and Milanese fashion when the dress came up.:)

Well, we all know that she chooses the garments she wants made for her...but does she also choose the color of the fabric? What I mean is, does the designer have specific colors for that particular garment that Mary has to choose from, or does she tell the designer "I don't like any of the colors you have to choose from, so make it in this color"...?

If im not mistaken, Mary has quit a few outfits from Boss and Prada. They do suit her well, not to mention she can carry almost anything off.

I dont know about the orange boss dress. Dont like the color on her, though she does have a nice orange dress, i guess its the shade.I think she could of obtained for something nicer.

politikgirl said:
Wow, that's a beautiful top (the Julie Fagerholt one).

yes it is a beautiful top. it looks nicer without the jacket worn over it. very elegent and simple

Alisa said:
Here are all the times she's worn this outfit:

1.Receiving pre-wedding gifts- May 2004
2.Official visit to Greenland- June 2004
3.Presenting a check to the Save the Children fund -October 2004
4.MIA diversity awards- March 2005
5.Baptizing ship 'Gudrun Mærsk'-October 2005
6.immortalized in a Ralph Heiman painting April 2006
7.Visit to Prague-Sept 2006

photos from: TV2, colourpress, BT, and Actionpress

its a beautiful suit but isnt it time she gets rid of it. im all about recycling but wearing it about 7 times is way too much

Last edited by a moderator:
her coats are beautiful very elegent and great colors, she does have a great variety of them. i like how they fit her, theyre not too big from the sleeves nr tight. Printed coats are beautiful, the prints are simple but very elegent. easily can match them to anything.

Princess Mary really has excellent taste;every dress is more beautiful than the last:heart::heart::heart:

Can someone tell me the price range of the Danish designers (like Heartmade) since I haven't heard of them? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom