Crown Princess Mary's Accessories: January 2004 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisa said:
She has worn shoes from designers and labels like Chanel, Prada, Christian Laboutin, and Mui Mui, Valentino (her engagment shoes). I'd say the average for her shoes are around $400 USD but who depending on when and where she gets them the price could be more or less.

Her purses are usually Prada which can be quite expensive generally anywehere around $350-$1300 USD.

Designer purses can run way up in the $1000's. I think the only ones as low as $350 are fake made in China. But about Mary having designer purses, I think many of them, especially her Prada ones which are always photographed so well, are freebies.
Question: Does Mary wear Danish designers? I think her wedding dress was from a Danish designer, but I really mean bags and shoes... I can imagine Danish designers sending her dozens of free things hoping she will wear them so I would be surprised if she did not sometimes find a way to use them.

It depends of designers and the material and the size,not all are fake if less than 1000$,usually Chanel, Prada, D&G...purses are around 1500$,but there's Louis Vuitton purses,which you can buy for 500$,I just saw one which I liked on LV's store in champs élysées in Paris ;)

Manolo Blahnik's shoes are arround 400$ and they are not fake ;) and basic Louboutins are sold for 500-700$

Salomé said:
It depends of designers and the material and the size,not all are fake if less than 1000$,usually Chanel, Prada, D&G...purses are around 1500$,but there's Louis Vuitton purses,which you can buy for 500$,I just saw one which I liked on LV's store in champs élysées in Paris ;)

Manolo Blahnik's shoes are arround 400$ and they are not fake ;) and basic Louboutins are sold for 500-700$

But your LV in Paris must have been priced in euros? the euro price is usually less, I don't know why, maybe because LV is originally a French brand, so the price is higher for US because it's imported.?

I am counting Mary's shoes. I have many more to count but so far I'm at 27.
this does not include recycling. I'm only counting one-time wears, which is why it is a project because I have to make sure there are no repeats.
I'm curious how many think this is a lot or not so much, as I know some people who are compulsive shoe buyers, but still others who only have a few pairs at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
CasiraghiTrio said:
But your LV in Paris must have been priced in euros? the euro price is usually less, I don't know why, maybe because LV is originally a French brand, so the price is higher for US because it's imported.?

Maybe LV is cheaper in France than USA,I am not sure,but Chanel purses are quit expensive,there's not less than 1000$,and also Chanel is a french brand.

Thank you girls for posting the wonderful pictures of Princess Mary and her complements...her shoes, bags and hats are soo elegant and stylish that I would like to have them too!
Cheers!:flowers:

Salomé said:
Maybe LV is cheaper in France than USA,I am not sure,but Chanel purses are quit expensive,there's not less than 1000$,and also Chanel is a french brand.

True, but then so many Chanel's go vintage and that will raise the price too. :) For Mary's shoes, the count is currently at 42!

Does anyone know what designer made Mary's gorgeous green shoes in post 103?

Shoes and bags

I saw some discussion in one of the older of Mary's current events threads about Mary's shopping habits and expenses. Someone asked how it is that she buys clothes, if she goes into a store and shops on her own, or what.
I think she acquires things two ways:
1) Designers, especially Danish ones, send her things direct to her and Fred's office
2) She has a lady-in-waiting or PA who shops for her
On occasion, of course, she might walk into a store on her own, but I think those oppurtunies are rare because of how busy she is.

WindsorIII said:

I hope someone, maybe Larzen, will find out for you because I am curious about those shoes too! They are awesome!

CasiraghiTrio said:
I am counting Mary's shoes. I have many more to count but so far I'm at 27.
this does not include recycling. I'm only counting one-time wears, which is why it is a project because I have to make sure there are no repeats.
I'm curious how many think this is a lot or not so much, as I know some people who are compulsive shoe buyers, but still others who only have a few pairs at a time.

I was at a friend's house last week for a jewelry party. There was a game we played where we had to guess how many pairs of shoes the host owned. She said it was 34! Off the top of my head I would say I own about 20. This includes sneakers, sandals, boots, etc. So I would say that 27 is not an outrageous number.

WindsorIII said:
they are from Dolce and Gabbana, cant find the version with T strap anylonger but here is a similar-ish pair without the T strap

bluefly

CasiraghiTrio said:
Question: Does Mary wear Danish designers? I think her wedding dress was from a Danish designer, but I really mean bags and shoes... I can imagine Danish designers sending her dozens of free things hoping she will wear them so I would be surprised if she did not sometimes find a way to use them.

Mary does wear a lot of Danish designs but of course she wears others such as Prada or Dolce and Gabbana. I would think some of her purses and shoes would be from Danish designers because she has worn pieces from them. She's worn these Danish designers (maybe she's gotten accessories from them): Kenth Fredin, Malene Birger, Uffe Frank, Heartmade (Julie Fagerholt), Henrik Hviid, K'A, Niels Kristiansen, Britt Sissek, and Birgit Hallstein. I don't know if Mary's allowed to accept freebies from designers because she's not a celebrity and I don't think she's technically allowed to endorse companies in a sense. Maybe if they're Danish designs it's an exception because it's one her jobs to promote Denmark and its industries.

originally posted by Larzen
they are from Dolce and Gabbana, cant find the version with T strap anylonger but here is a similar-ish pair without the T strap

Thanks Larzen! So Dolce and Gabbana, she has great taste. :)

I don't know if Mary's allowed to accept freebies from designers because she's not a celebrity and I don't think she's technically allowed to endorse companies in a sense. Maybe if they're Danish designs it's an exception because it's one her jobs to promote Denmark and its industries.

I doubt that Mary receives freebies from designers.

I do think that Royals should not borrow clothes or accept freebies like celebrities,because for celebrities,advertising is a part of their job,when they borrow or accept designers creations,they are paied in plus,or the creation is like their fee for the publicity they do for the designer.

Personnaly,I think that it's a lack of elegance and responsability if a Royal do,after all,they are public figure,and that means they should not promote for whatever private part,of course promoting the industries of the country they represent is very good thing,but this is very different from advertising for a special designer and not an other.

Larzen said:
It seems you are not the only one who loves theese shoes;) Also a certian Spanish Princess loves them, infact they have two pairs who are the same. Both from the Spanish shoe maker from Alicante, Pedro Garcia, I have been oogeling his shoes both in Sweden and Norway unfortunatly they are very expenisve, but oh so beautiful:eek:
Pedro García | Spring Summer 08
Some other examples of his shoes
Pedro Garcia Shoes - India, Albany, Jessie, Paolo - Jildor Shoes, Since 1949
Pedro Garcia: Pedro Garcia Women's Shoes - Free Shipping Both Ways & 365-Day Return Policy

First Letizias feet, then Marys
-

sources: Alfaqui/Polfoto via Danish Royal Watchers/pedrogarcia/semana/jildorshoes

I purchased a couple pairs of Pedro Garcia shoes similar to Mary's from Ebay, They are quite pricy but not crazy expensive and on Ebay some of the prices can be quite resonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nefertiti said:
I was at a friend's house last week for a jewelry party. There was a game we played where we had to guess how many pairs of shoes the host owned. She said it was 34! Off the top of my head I would say I own about 20. This includes sneakers, sandals, boots, etc. So I would say that 27 is not an outrageous number.

Well, the # stands now at 42! Still very reasonable #, considering the hundreds of shoes Victoria Beckham has! Mary is a good little recycler, hehe.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Well, the # stands now at 42! Still very reasonable #, considering the hundreds of shoes Victoria Beckham has! Mary is a good little recycler, hehe.

42? Wow, I thought the number would be in the couple hundreds. I know Mary probably has a lot more shoes but she has a lot less than I thought she would.

Here's a nice close-up of Mary's shoes when she visited a hospital ward for mental disorders earlier this year:

(Credit: Stella Pictures via Bruno press)

Mary has such elegant taste in shoes, along with her clothes, purses, etc. I love the ones she wore with her engagement outfit.

Hmmm...I can't make up my mind if I like those last shoes or not....
But thanks for the great pic's Mims111!

RachelD said:
Hmmm...I can't make up my mind if I like those last shoes or not....
But thanks for the great pic's Mims111!

Yuck, I think they're awful! But I'd kill for the ones in the second photo.

:lol: I agree those last shoes do nothing for me- but the first two are just stunning. i also love her Prada sandals she wore while ago..I think they had a leather flower design on them..:)

Looking at all of Mary's beautiful shoes has inspired me to do some shoe shopping this weekend. ;)

Tinika said:
Yuck, I think they're awful! But I'd kill for the ones in the second photo.

LOL! Your right! They do look bad. Infact, now that I've observed them, they look kinda gross....snake skin on a loafer shoe...um, not the best thing! :flowers:

What about the shoes she wore with this dress? Weren't they camel colored wedges?

Photo from GettyImages:

71621021.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom