Crown Princess Máxima's Style and Designers: June 2005 - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
What are the designers Maxima normally uses?

Some of her Valentinos

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,538
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 543
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,489
  • untitled2.JPG
    untitled2.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 526
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 566
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,497
Also her wedding dress was made by Valentino. She very, very often uses Natan (Eduard Vermeulen).

The purple dress, the pink one, and the blue dress with brown lace are all by Valentino.

Maxima has worn the following designers.

-Natan (most of her working outfits from Natan)
-Chanel
-Valentino
-Missoni
-Marc Jacobs
-Gabriela Naum

I cant belive Valentino is guilty of that Orange barbie dress, but I have read several places that he made it....

Some more Valentino:

1 White dress for Vanity Fair Photo Shoot
2 Valentino Couture coat for Eloise christening, I like it very much
3 The Coat on the runway
4 Red and Brown Valentino dress on statevisit (Norwegian Se og Hør wrote it was Valentino Im not reallly sure)
5 This pantsuit that made Maxima look like a golde sausage is shockingly again Valentino Couture, not everything he does is a success IMO
6 On the runway
7 Valentino suit for Amalias christening

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 658
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 601
  • 6.5.jpg
    6.5.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,103
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,099
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 417
  • 10.5.jpg
    10.5.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 914
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 535
Last edited:
Pucci shirt
Prada coat
A much discussed Natan outfit for Queens Day
A horrific striped Missoni dress (I have yet to see any Princess pull of Missoni:cool: )
A beautiful red Natan dress (thanks to Catherine Bergeyck)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,087
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,015
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 3,880
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 4,580
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,526
Larzen said:
I cant belive Valentino is guilty of that Orange barbie dress, but I have read several places that he made it....

Yes, I have read that also. I actually like the dress, however I think it was a combination of Máxima's hair and the stars tiara that gave her that "barbie" doll look.

Larzen said:
Valentino Couture, not everything he does is a success IMO

I agree remember that awful green dress that Marie-Chantal wore at the pre-wedding ball.:eek:

Posting pictures does help so here goes a few.

Marc Jacobs dress on Maxima and on the runway (This dress and its derivatives were popular at the time.)

The second outfit I saw on actress Gillian Anderson first, I believe the caption said Armani but i'm not so sure.:confused:

Attachments

• W-A and Maxima Antilles visit 2.jpg
    W-A and Maxima Antilles visit 2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 5,266
  • W-A and Maxima Antilles visit 3.jpg
    W-A and Maxima Antilles visit 3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 963
  • Maxima (in Armani) in Ghana.jpg
    Maxima (in Armani) in Ghana.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 3,304
  • Maxima (in Armani) in Ghana)2. jpg.jpg
    Maxima (in Armani) in Ghana)2. jpg.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 2,906
If you would like to share examples of Maxima's style and designers, please do so via links to images already posted around the forum, or post images in this thread via your Photobucket or Image Shack (or other) account.

Please do not post them directly to the forum.

Please review this thread in regards to our new policy on attachments: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=223503#post223503

Thank you for your co-operation.

Mandy

Crown Princess Maxima's designers

does anyone have any idea who may have designed this beautiful outfit? :) i just love it... :eek:
it looks very natan to me.

attachment.php

oh thanks larzen! i had the slight impression i did but i looked for the htread with the search option (looked for maxima in the fashion forum) and it didn't appear. how did you find it?

i will ask one of the moderators if he/she can move this posts to the old thread. thanks for telling me!!

i think maxima's looks messy because although the top is similar, maxima's has some kind of decoration above of mathilde's original design. it's curious, but it looked to me like the kind of clothes mathilde wears and said "it's amazing how their styles are so similar! mathilde would have definetely wore that"... the nice thing is that she actually did.... :)

by the way, casiraghitrio, i think that outfit is also by natan.

Larzen said:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=155316
This dress appears twice on Gracial Naums website under Press so I assume she made it

Theese magazines comes from the website of Gracial Naum (under press), I do not understand spanish very well, and no french so maybe someone that do can comfirm that she made theese:

yes... it says graciela naum designed all those, but many times it was said that the black gala dress was designed by valentino... (?) and it really looks valentino to me.

glad to find out who designed that gorgeous white suit for the photo session... :)

thanks larzen!!

Last edited:
The blue dress with the lace is not a very original design, many designers has done a strapless satin dress with lace cover, not a typical Valentino trademark either (and he usually shows more skin and clevage on his evening dresses;)). I do not think Graciala Naum would have put it on her website under press coverage if she did not make it, Im sure it is not "done" in design circles to take credit for other peoples work.

Last edited:
some more scans i took from graciela naum's webpage:

1. it says "maxima is not a sclave of fashion" (translated literally, can also mean clotheshorse, fashiongirl)

2. little summary of what it says in the scan: she tells that maxima is feminine and elegant, they she prefers trousers over skirts, and that the last times she went to argentina she asked for winter coats as it's too cold in the netherlands. she stopped using black because "in europe it's a funeral colour", and she learnt that since she started being a princess.

the place where you can see the designer is is the place where maxima goes to get her clothes done. she says she bought the clothes in patio bulrrich before, but now she can't anymore. everything has to be quick, as she doesn't stay for long. "the first day she chooses, the second she tries it, and the third it needs to be done". she likes going with her mum to the showroom. "she talks with a lot of respect about what she has to live as a princess".

the person asking the questions said if she had somebody to help her with the clothing. graciela says she doesn't need it. she remembers something maxima said to her once "someone well mannered is well mannered here and there". graciela said "this means that if you have sensitivity when you see something you incorporate it". "maxima is naturally elegant".

3. maxima's argentine friends attending her wedding. i don't know why it's in graciela naum's page... probably she designed one or more of the outfits... :)

4. mum zorreguieta (maria del carmen cerruti) also likes graciela naum. you can see them looking at the catwalk on the right.

5. last time she came to argentina, attending the showroom for vip customers of graciela naum with amalia and carmen.
it looks to me that they may have a persona relationship, graciela and maxima, since it looks like she took amalia to introduce her to the designer...

http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=publicidad03big4xi.jpg

6. in the last pic, graciela naum says "i'm a fan of maxima". she mentions that maxima liked the brand for 8 years when the interview was published, and that "we argentinians should be proud of her".

http://img424.imageshack.us/my.php?image=publicidad02big6tg.jpg

Last edited:
benito fernandez, also argentinian, is other of maxima's favourite designers from her country. http://www.benitofernandez.com.ar/

he designed the outfits for mariana andres (ex-girlfriend of maxima's brother) in the wedding and the outfit of carmen zorreguieta and mariana andress for the christening of princess catharina amalia.

Hannelore said:
The belgian couture house Natan.

Thanks. Are the pants velvet? It seems like the top and the "scarf" are very thin material, not silk, but I can't think of what you call that.... She wears this beautifully. I think her body type is complimented by this pant suit because it makes her look very long and tall. she has a nice figure anyway, but she is somewhat curvy, I think, and this pantsuit slims her up and makes her seem really svelte.

Larzen said:
The blue dress with the lace is not a very original design, many designers has done a strapless satin dress with lace cover, not a typical Valentino trademark either (and he usually shows more skin and clevage on his evening dresses;)). I do not think Graciala Naum would have put it on her website under press coverage if she did not make it, Im sure it is not "done" in design circles to take credit for other peoples work.

I agree about the blue lace dress. It was said by many magazines to be Valentino because it resembled dresses from Valentino's collection. I also thought the green and purple dress Máxima wore to ML's pre-wedding festivities were also Valentino, apparently it isn't. The dress also looked like a version of the one GDss Maria Teresa wore at the official visit in Denmark .

Naum seems to lack originality as a designer. Her designs are very "safe" and often resemble many high end luxury labels.

as a latina I know that some of those "ateliers" aren't designers per se, but "couturier". You go to their atelier or houses and they measure you, you chose the fabric and agree with what kind of dress or pants you want, sometimes it gets very avant garde and something great and new comes out of it but usually you go there with a very clear way of how you want to look like. It seems these couturier is a classic one, otherwise Max mother would not like her, it goes across generations, the same with my mother and grandmother and now myself, I always go with my mom to the ateliers in Miami.

Alisa said:
I agree about the blue lace dress. It was said by many magazines to be Valentino because it resembled dresses from Valentino's collection. I also thought the green and purple dress Máxima wore to ML's pre-wedding festivities were also Valentino, apparently it isn't. The dress also looked like a version of the one GDss Maria Teresa wore at the official visit in Denmark .

actually now that you mention it, alisa, i think it's valentino rather than naum's. i read that lots of times around the forum and now that you mention maria teresa's dress i definetely read that that one was a valentino. they certainly resemble a lot.

Im not a fan of Valentino but I cannot imagine him making that ghastly gown MT is wearing, maybe people (myself included) thought it was Valentino because everyone thought Maximas was Valentino, there is nothing in his 2001 and 2002 collections that look like theese dresses either at vogue.co.uk

Last edited:
Even though it's from Chanel (my all time favorite!) it does not look good on her IMO. Tweed doesn't flatter her.

Hannelore said:
Even though it's from Chanel (my all time favorite!) it does not look good on her IMO. Tweed doesn't flatter her.

For me it's not the tweed. It think that it is the color that is unflattering. Maxima looks so much better when she wears a bit of color. Grey just doesn't flatter her. :(

I agree with you Isabel, in my opinion I would combine the grey top with some colour pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom