I cant belive Valentino is guilty of that Orange barbie dress, but I have read several places that he made it....
Some more Valentino:
1 White dress for Vanity Fair Photo Shoot
2 Valentino Couture coat for Eloise christening, I like it very much
3 The Coat on the runway
4 Red and Brown Valentino dress on statevisit (Norwegian Se og Hør wrote it was Valentino Im not reallly sure)
5 This pantsuit that made Maxima look like a golde sausage is shockingly again Valentino Couture, not everything he does is a success IMO
6 On the runway
7 Valentino suit for Amalias christening
A much discussed Natan outfit for Queens Day
A horrific striped Missoni dress (I have yet to see any Princess pull of Missoni )
A beautiful red Natan dress (thanks to Catherine Bergeyck)
If you would like to share examples of Maxima's style and designers, please do so via links to images already posted around the forum, or post images in this thread via your Photobucket or Image Shack (or other) account.
oh thanks larzen! i had the slight impression i did but i looked for the htread with the search option (looked for maxima in the fashion forum) and it didn't appear. how did you find it?
i will ask one of the moderators if he/she can move this posts to the old thread. thanks for telling me!!
i think maxima's looks messy because although the top is similar, maxima's has some kind of decoration above of mathilde's original design. it's curious, but it looked to me like the kind of clothes mathilde wears and said "it's amazing how their styles are so similar! mathilde would have definetely wore that"... the nice thing is that she actually did.... :)
by the way, casiraghitrio, i think that outfit is also by natan.
The blue dress with the lace is not a very original design, many designers has done a strapless satin dress with lace cover, not a typical Valentino trademark either (and he usually shows more skin and clevage on his evening dresses). I do not think Graciala Naum would have put it on her website under press coverage if she did not make it, Im sure it is not "done" in design circles to take credit for other peoples work.
some more scans i took from graciela naum's webpage:
1. it says "maxima is not a sclave of fashion" (translated literally, can also mean clotheshorse, fashiongirl)
2. little summary of what it says in the scan: she tells that maxima is feminine and elegant, they she prefers trousers over skirts, and that the last times she went to argentina she asked for winter coats as it's too cold in the netherlands. she stopped using black because "in europe it's a funeral colour", and she learnt that since she started being a princess.
the place where you can see the designer is is the place where maxima goes to get her clothes done. she says she bought the clothes in patio bulrrich before, but now she can't anymore. everything has to be quick, as she doesn't stay for long. "the first day she chooses, the second she tries it, and the third it needs to be done". she likes going with her mum to the showroom. "she talks with a lot of respect about what she has to live as a princess".
the person asking the questions said if she had somebody to help her with the clothing. graciela says she doesn't need it. she remembers something maxima said to her once "someone well mannered is well mannered here and there". graciela said "this means that if you have sensitivity when you see something you incorporate it". "maxima is naturally elegant".
3. maxima's argentine friends attending her wedding. i don't know why it's in graciela naum's page... probably she designed one or more of the outfits... :)
4. mum zorreguieta (maria del carmen cerruti) also likes graciela naum. you can see them looking at the catwalk on the right.
5. last time she came to argentina, attending the showroom for vip customers of graciela naum with amalia and carmen.
it looks to me that they may have a persona relationship, graciela and maxima, since it looks like she took amalia to introduce her to the designer...
6. in the last pic, graciela naum says "i'm a fan of maxima". she mentions that maxima liked the brand for 8 years when the interview was published, and that "we argentinians should be proud of her".