The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathérine Bergeyck
Apart from being a very faithfull client of Edouard Vermeulen of the couture house Natan in Brussels, she's also good friends with him.

On a royalty program on Belgian tv last week, there was an item about the designer of Natan. It was said Máxima was introduced to the Belgian fashion house by Mathilde when Máxima was living in Brussels in the difficult time before her engagement. There was a private photo shown of Edourd Vermeulen with Amalia in his arms and Máxima with an arm around his shoulder.
yeah, Vermeulen must be a really friendly intelligent person. he seems to become friends with all his clients. i saw photos of him chatting ever so cozily with Maria Theresa at some sort of official dinner.

Old 12-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's a good idea to keep him as a friend, his clothes are wonderful IMO :)

Old 12-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the information. It's interesting because I read that it was Princess Laurentien that introduced Máxima to Vermeulen's designs not Mathilde.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

About the one that introduced Maxima to Natan: I heard "a Belgian friend"on the Flemish program Royalty. So could be Mathilde (or someone else), but not Laurentien.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Has Maxima ever worn Prada for an official event? If so, could someone tell me what outfit?
Old 12-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

she wore a coat by prada, but it wasn't for an official event. it was a deep blue coat she used some months later catharina amalia was born and she, willem and catharina went to have a walk around the palace. it was winter...

this is a little picture of that day, i couldn't find any bigger one, where the jacket is seen clearly.

http://www.mdr.de/IT/60842-high.jpg
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Maxima is one of the most well-dressed lady at the moment, i would reckon. Her outfits are really good, they not just bring her looking smart, also bring to her a look of young people with healthy and youth...It's also an image of the youth Royal generations are nowadays.
On the other side, sometimes Maxima wears some outfits with really big flowers for example or too bright and hot colour...They are alright, not bad, but if she wears them less than, it'd be better.But generally Maxima is great.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 12-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
Maxima is one of the most well-dressed lady at the moment, i would reckon. Her outfits are really good, they not just bring her looking smart, also bring to her a look of young people with healthy and youth...It's also an image of the youth Royal generations are nowadays.
On the other side, sometimes Maxima wears some outfits with really big flowers for example or too bright and hot colour...They are alright, not bad, but if she wears them less than, it'd be better.But generally Maxima is great.
I totally agree with you.
She always look great
Old 01-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maxima wearing Marni (spring 2002 collection)
Getty and vogue

http://vogue.co.uk/shows/photos/Defa...=show&pageNo=6
Old 01-13-2006, 08:03 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks! I remember reading it was Armani (although the style is completely not him) but apparently I was very wrong.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

I remember the same thing...

I'm not a fan of the skirt and jacket but at least it looks better on Máxima then on the model.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Its not a model, its the designer Caroline has this outfit too and therfore I was sure it was From Chanel but it really does not have the quality and cut of either Armani and Chanel, it looks quite ordianry IMO
Old 01-14-2006, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Its not a model, its the designer
Ooooooops....
Old 03-05-2006, 12:57 AM
Royal Highness

Beautiful coat used in Lech is from Postcard.

On Máxima:
http://s2.supload.com/free/822172_29.jpg/view/

On the model:
http://www.searlenyc.com/store/product699.html
Old 03-25-2006, 01:26 AM
Aristocracy

Has anyone seen Maxima wearing Carolina Herrera or Oscar de la Renta?
Old 06-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just keeping the thread updated
the Valentino Couture spring 06 dress from Thailand

Oscar de la Renta Spring 06 (Posted by Lotte on GREMB)

Getty, profimedia, rex, vogue
Old 06-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Aristocracy

I like the gown of Maxima worn in Thailand,like the cut,but I am not a big fan of flowers,just me,sorry
Old 06-20-2006, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Just keeping the thread updated
the Valentino Couture dress from Thailand

Oscar de la Renta Spring 06 (Posted by Lotte on GREMB)

Getty, rex, vogue
Thanks Larzen, I love both dresses/outfits. I wonder if it's the first Oscar de la Renta Maxima is wearing?
Old 06-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
Thanks Larzen, I love both dresses/outfits. I wonder if it's the first Oscar de la Renta Maxima is wearing?
I think the long skirt she wore in Mongolia was from the same collection, not the same color but very similar IMO, the top does not look like his design. Im suprised Maxima has not worn more from him, his collections has lots of color, lace, ribbons and blling bling like Maxima likes it

PPE/Vogue
Old 06-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Courtier

I love Maxima's and Mathildes dresses! They're absolutely gorgeous, does anyone know who they're by?

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1150927715

Tags
designers, maxima, princess maxima, style