Crown Princess Máxima's Hats, Headwear and Hairstyles: October 2003 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
" Un chapeau nommé désir" (a hat named desire).

Crown Princess Maxima does look fabulous in red. However, the HAT overwhelmed the whole outfit in this particular case.

JessRulz said:
I'm pretty sure that in some thread on this site (I think that it might be Worst Hat Worn By A Royal...or something along those lines), that the hat Maxima wore to the wedding of Pieter-Christaan and Anita was a shocker and practically everyone didn't like/hated. The big pink and red one. I LOVED IT!!!!! :D :D

If you don't know which hat I'm on about, the picture is above. And I love it! Absolutely love it!!
Image from www.petersmulders.nl

**PS. If anyone knows the designer of this hat, could you please PM me???

I loved this hat too. A lot of people didn't like it, which I think was based mostly on it's size. Red has always been a great color on Maxima.

I still wouldn't have wanted to be a person stuck sitting behind her in the church! :p

Totally agree Isabel!! :D
Especially sitting behind her in church, that poor person would have been seeing red and pink!! :D

I also thought it was a fun hat! I loved the colours. I think Maxima always looks stunning in red, but I think the hat was a bit too big, though. And it was little too exorbitant for a wedding. I think at a wedding you always have to tone it down a bit since it all should be about the bride and not about your giant hat... but that's just my silly opinion. ;)

Isabel said:
I loved this hat too. A lot of people didn't like it, which I think was based mostly on it's size. Red has always been a great color on Maxima.

I still wouldn't have wanted to be a person stuck sitting behind her in the church! :p

absolutely. I loved the colors and the shape and if it had just been about HALF as big it would have been ideal. but as it was it was just a bit too extreme. in general at weddings, ladies should avoid extreme style since all eyes should be on the bride.

Here all the hats which Maxima has worn recently...sources anp..ppe

Thanks for the pics!

I especially liked the following hats:
-The dark one she wore to Sverre's baptism
-The pink one in Argentina
-The black and white on in Argentina <--- my absolute favourite of the hats she has worn recently
-The pink one from the Luxembourgian State Visit
-The brown one on the Down Awareness Day
-The one she wore yesterday (the big purple one)
-The headpiece she wore at Koninginnedag.

I absolutely hated:
-The black baret with the feathers
-The black hat she wore at the Rijksmuseum (the event with Marilene)
-The cowboy hat in Argentina

Maria del Carmen wearing a hat which was been used before by Maxima..sources ppe

Last edited:
I adore Maxima's "cloche" style hats. (even though I like the big hats too)

Red Baret

I love Princess Maxima's Red Baret.

royalreplyTerrance

Máxima's flower piece on Prinsjesdag 2006

source: Anp, PartrickVanKatwijk

Last edited by a moderator:
She uses so many hats that sometimes she doesn´t choose the right one. I don´t think she has a style yet, or it´s not defined, sometimes she´s perfect and sometimes she´s awful.I would say her worst "sin" is the exageration.

The Queen and the Princesses do exaggarate with a reason. They want to be the clear focus in a crowd.

When you see Her Majesty, as always surrounded by dignitaries, walking, then she sticks out of it by her hats or by hard colours or by awesome jewelry, depending on the event.

Queen Beatrix sees a hat and a set of matching accessoires (gloves, purse, shoes) as an absolute part of a royal garderobe. So to see she has succesfully transfered that idea on her daughters-in-law as well.

Of course there are the less formal events on which Princess Máxima and Princess Laurentien appear without a hat, but you can be sure: the nearer Princess Máxima comes to the throne, the more formal her garderobe will become.

The brown thing, sorry, hat, I can't make myself like it. I don't know if it's the color or the design...it just does not look right.

Hmmm...that head piece she wore on the second day (the cream or white one)...it seems interesting. I don't know if I like it or not, but it catches the eye. At least it's not an eyesore! I think it's starting to grow on me...;)

Well brown hat was terrible and this hat piece... well I it's for me too extravagant and I dislike it too. Already 2nd bad hat in Australia :rolleyes:

The Princess wore no hat at all.

mims111 said:
Well brown hat was terrible and this hat piece... well I it's for me too extravagant and I dislike it too. Already 2nd bad hat in Australia :rolleyes:

Both headgears are in fact no hats but are toques, which is a small brimless decorative accessoire for in the hairdo.

mims111 said:
I agree, I am quite disappointed by the head-pieces, or headgears, she wore so far. IMO she looks much , much more better with big hats!

Maxima like her mother-in-law has many...hmm... interesting hats:smartass: Some of them i really like and some I hate.

mims111 said:
Yeah ;) But I loved flower piece she wore on Prinsjesdag 2006. It was very elegant. And also I love this hat: http://img11.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=46685_maxx_349lo.jpg It suits to her very much :)

Yes! She looked lovely with the flowers in her hair and this hat is just so classy! I really like this picture of her.
Henri M, thank you for telling us what these "head pieces" are really called.
Toques. :flowers:

Toque / Toques

RachelD said:
Yes! She looked lovely with the flowers in her hair and this hat is just so classy! I really like this picture of her.
Henri M, thank you for telling us what these "head pieces" are really called.
Toques. :flowers:

Actually a toque can be used for the long white 'chimney' a chef wears in his kitchen.

And a toque is also used for the hard plastic protection thing men wear in their trousers when playing some sports.

Her_Majesty said:

Agree- the first picture would have been better if she hadn't worn it - the outfit was busy & elegant enough on it's own (that color looks great on her )and the second looks like a hand coming up over her head-:lol:

UserDane said:

I like this hat too; Maxima really is meant to wear large hats I think - she pulls it off so well. I love some of the big 'fluffy' ones she has used :)

Agree- that hat is beautiful on her- love the shape of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom