The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
24-01-08
Máxima in Rotterdam
Hairdo Front View

I don't like Máxima wearing her hair like this. Imo it looks rather oldfashioned..
Her hair can look much better.
i think a lot of times she wants to look like Evita! well the same blond hair and brown eyes!

Old 01-27-2008, 06:38 AM
Courtier

She looks like a grandmother with this hairdo.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix View Post
She looks like a grandmother with this hairdo.
i think becasue it is a combination of her hair and all her wrinkles and tan,, defenety she looks older than she is even with her hair loos
Old 01-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
20-10-2007 The Hague Baptism (doop) of Princess Ariane (10-04-2007) at the Klooserkerk in The Hague.

I thought her hair & hat was beautiful. I dont see many people actually leaving their hair in a ponytail with such a hat, though it worked very well.

Back view
front view
side view
(ppe)
I have looked at this hat so many times. I love it on her espically with her hair pulled back. Tell me if I am crazy please. Does this look like two wide headbands laid on top of each other? Sometimes her hats are way over the top, and maybe she could tone them down a little. The red and fuschia one is one I think is way to large. I wish so much she could stop following the trends and maybe stay with a classic style. She looks so beautiful when she seems to tone her look down. She always seems to look so much better when her hair is pulled back and not loose. It always looks so stringy when it down.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

ashelen I think you are probably correct I just cannot work out what I don't like Maxima has to be REALLY careful with all her choices. IMO.I also think with her hair down the look may have been far more flattering. Because I like her and when she gets it right she looks FAB.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
ashelen I think you are probably correct I just cannot work out what I don't like Maxima has to be REALLY careful with all her choices. IMO.I also think with her hair down the look may have been far more flattering. Because I like her and when she gets it right she looks FAB.
i am so surprise, she takes so much care of her clothing and hats and accesries but i don't think she takes care of her skin, this is may be the way she is, my sister in law, she is in the favour of wrinkles and tan but really all that make you to look old! in the century that we live there are so many ways to take care of your skin without going to the extreme of plasticsurgery if she does not agree but i can imagine how she would look at 40 , she will look like 50!
Old 01-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
i am so surprise, she takes so much care of her clothing and hats and accesries but i don't think she takes care of her skin, this is may be the way she is, my sister in law, she is in the favour of wrinkles and tan.
That's what I often think, too. She looks prettily styled, but her make-up isn't done that nice. And she also often doesn't take care of her hair. It often looks really messy. So, even if the up-dos sometimes look oldfahsioned: I like her much more with up-do-hairdos then with her hair hanging down just like that.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Courtier

I think the up-do is classy, would it be called a "chignon"?
It's the outfit that makes her look matronly. I think those earrings are genuine jade and onyx /w diamonds.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

I like Maxima's style. To me, she looks styled, but not overly-styled. She still manages to look natural. Her skin could be better, but I like her wrinkles-they give her character.
The first time I saw a picture of her in that hat, I hated it. But the more I look at it, the more I am starting to like it. I like that she wore her hair in the ponytail style with the hat-it seemed youthful to me.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Moderator Emeritus

How does Máxima dare to leave home with messy hair like this?
ANP Beeldbank

I so so hope she'll soon do something with her hair! but on the other hand I am hoping since months and nothing happens.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Bless her heart... poor dear looks like she just rolled out of bed and is still wearing last night's make-up.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
How does Máxima dare to leave home with messy hair like this?
ANP Beeldbank

I so so hope she'll soon do something with her hair! but on the other hand I am hoping since months and nothing happens.
Well, I think she least cares about her hair. Maxima only really does care about her hair on official/state visits or on very important day's. If its a regular event and her hair is all neat than its our lucky day
Ive grown to not bother about her hair at all.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

10-04-2008 The Hague Princess Maxima pose for the media at palace Noordeinde in The Hague before a reception for President of Brazil.

A new hair-do for Maxima. I thought it looked nice & nice for a chnage.
Front view -- semi view of the back
(PPE)
Old 04-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks dazzling I like that whole look simple not too much of anything and her hair tidy yet smart.... love it.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Courtier

I like this hairstyle on Maxima. Does she wear hairextensions?
Old 04-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Nobility

Queensday 2008

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2008/08043081.jpg

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2008/08043017.jpg

ppe
Old 04-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

queensday hat nice colour but not mutching the diferent shadese of the ourfit and different fabric
Old 04-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

In some photos, I really thought her hair looked terribly messy (again!), but in others I really liked it. And strangely, it has nothing to do with whether she was engaged in some the more physical things she did or not!

I'd like the hat a lot more, if I liked the hair beneath it!

(Sorry thats a rather negative post, which actually isn't my overall feeling)
Old 05-01-2008, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Very typical Maxima hat but the hair doesnt look good at all, especially not with that hat.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:35 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The hat reminded me alot of the Prinsjesdag 2003-hat.
http://i28.tinypic.com/2nkjr60.jpg
ANP

Back then I liked it much better. Somehow the way she stayled her hair was better.
I am not a big fan of wearing hats and open hair. Especially because it starts looking messy after a while, because of wind and all this stuff.

Closed Thread

Tags
hair, hairstyle, hats, headwear, maxima, princess maxima