Crown Princess Máxima's Eveningwear Part 4: January 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A final evening event on the second and last day in Brunei, January 22 and Máxima wearing a glittering evening dress and a jacket:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Close up **

Its a lovely gown matched well with the jacket but the colour of the gown is boring for such an event. I wished for a more coloured evening wear especially since the first evening wear was quite plain in colour.

I don't like that jacket but the gown looks nice.

Really perfect princessness IMO. Love the jewels, dont think Ive seen Maxima wear this tiara with the pearl buttons just the stars. I always loved this dress, its quite nice with jacket closed with brooch. Oh how I love Maxima on state visits!!!!

couldnt agree more - these events bring out maxima at her best, a princess look from head to toe!

January 24, 2013 - Maxima in a purple one shoulder evening dress with a huge red/pink design on the waist which ruined the dress.

Full view

The bow is too big but I think the jewels are gorgeous as usual.

The big bow and too big hairdo makes this look very unfortunate for me. I´m not a big fan of the dress either, too brigh for my taste.

The big bow and too big hairdo makes this look very unfortunate for me. I´m not a big fan of the dress either, too brigh for my taste.

IMO, the dress and hair-do are very very Maxima - quite loud, but I am guessing she manages to carry them of in person.

I love it. On Maxima it works, on anyone else it would be silly. She is stunning....!!

I guess it is all right, I am glad her hair is sleek otherwise it would be a bit too copacabana.

Apart from the big red balloon-looking thing around her waist:ohmy: I think she looks stunning! I especially like the retro-ish hairstyle with the tiara-makes me think of some pictures I've seen from back in the 60's. I agree that only Maxima could pull this off.

I love it. On Maxima it works, on anyone else it would be silly. She is stunning....!!

Agree totally!!Only Máxima can pull this off..No one else can without looking set and ready for carnaval.....And then bare in mind this is just a pic..In her presence...by her sheer charm she wraps you up with ribbon and bow et tout!!..She 's an impressive personality,absolutely!

Red and purple don't really go together and normally this gown would be a big no for me. Except Maxima manages to pull it off.
On anyone else, it would have looked like a circus outfit; on her, it looks vibrant.

Last edited:
sounds as if you have been

Agree totally!!Only Máxima can pull this off..No one else can without looking set and ready for carnaval.....And then bare in mind this is just a pic..
In her presence...by her sheer charm she wraps you up with ribbon and bow et tout!!..
She 's an impressive personality,absolutely!

The day 2 evening look I think the jacket is too short ... but I LOVE the purple the whole look is just stunning the hair the lot LOVE IT.

No one else can carry this look off, even though I don't care for the screaming red protrusion at the waist and the shiny purple fabric. But she certainly wears it with panache. That is an interesting retro 'do and I'd love to see a closeup of the tiara. Those bracelets look divine.

Last edited:
I agree with all the others here who say that only Maxima could carry this dramatic gown. That being said, the line between what works and what does not is a fine one and we've seen her step over it a few times! I just love how confident she is, and how she experiments with what she wears. It puts all of my black turtleneck sweaters to shame.

As everyone has said, only Maxima could carry this look... and she nailed it! It's over the top.. but then, so is Max! Now if only she could figure out her day wear....

I find this interesting. The dress screams "LOOK AT ME" - yet she is Princess Max and they all will be looking at her anyway. I'd understand if this were flattering to her figure - but that bunch of "stuff" at her waist just makes it look bigger. Maybe from another angle it was excellent?
I celebrate women that want to take it over the top - but I just hope they go over the top for a reason beyond being over the top. I guess that's my issue with Max - she could find really flattering, really outre' things to wear. But sometimes she leaves out the flattering.

The dress and the hairstyle are just awful! Way too much for me.

Love the hair, makeup and jewels. The dress is a gorgeous color and perfect for Maxima but I think it would have looked better without the red flower.

Without the big red thing on the side I think this would have been a hit. The hair, jewels and the shape of dress is perfect.

Oh! . . . this is little too much :ermm: Maxima dear

NO!..It's not enough yet..grin!..Never one to parrot I totally love the dress as well as the vibrant colours,as said before,to most it would look a carnaval outfit or an abused duvet,but to her,she dazzles each and all!

The " red waist "does look so different in real,like I said,a picture is just that,one hasn't got a clue on the real thing unless you've seen it yourself...

Baroness of Books..It is not really a tiara.It is Queen Wilhelmina's haircomb,a gift from her husband Prince Hendrik in the 1910's.

Last edited:
I find this interesting. The dress screams "LOOK AT ME" - yet she is Princess Max and they all will be looking at her anyway. I'd understand if this were flattering to her figure - but that bunch of "stuff" at her waist just makes it look bigger. Maybe from another angle it was excellent?
I celebrate women that want to take it over the top - but I just hope they go over the top for a reason beyond being over the top. I guess that's my issue with Max - she could find really flattering, really outre' things to wear. But sometimes she leaves out the flattering.

I completely agree with you. And i also think that being that "big" with her hair and pompeus dress it is not a good gesture to her hosts, who are mainly small people in Singapore, she overrules them completely!

I completely agree with you. And i also think that being that "big" with her hair and pompeus dress it is not a good gesture to her hosts, who are mainly small people in Singapore, she overrules them completely!

She's visiting Brunei, right? The amount of gold and ornamentation used by their royal family belies your argument that they are "small people," although I know that you were referring to stature.

Maxima wasn't out of place, no matter how big her hair was.

I dont mind the dress and I agree that only Maxima can pull it off but that barbie-like hairpiece is too much for me.

25-01-2013 Contra Princess Maxima on the last day of the 2 day statevisit to Singapore.

pale blue/silver oriental-style/bellydancer-ish outfit
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2013/PPE13012573.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2013/PPE13012558.jpg

I really love this look, and Maxima really let the outfit speak for itself, not exactly over-gilding the lily.

Last edited by a moderator:
25-01-2013 Contra Princess Maxima on the last day of the 2 day statevisit to Singapore.

pale blue/silver oriental-style/bellydancer-ish outfit
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2013/PPE13012573.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2013/PPE13012558.jpg

Its disappointing to see the final touches like hair and make up not really taken care of after a few days of doing so well for the dinners.
I like the color combination and the style but would've preferred the skirt to be floor length and not ankle length.

I like the dress, nice turquese colour! have the feeling that this dress is a present , it does not look westrn really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom