Crown Princess Máxima's Eveningwear Part 4: January 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the skirt is tulip shaped, any shorter and it would look a bit baloonish

This top looks very much like the one she wore to Ariane's christening...am I right?

Máxima at the Erasmusprijs 2012 award ceremony today, November 14, wearing an elegant jacket and skirt combination.

I think it's only the camera flash that makes it look too shiny (see pic 1 compared to the others):

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

I like the top and if the skirt was longer I think it would cover her knees which are not small, [ I should know I have the same issue] as pieces alone they are great together they are not IMO she looks a little odd to me and the shoes are too chunky for the whole look IMO

Looks very uncomfortable. I would have liked the whole outfit in the fabric of the skirt, and the top fitted properly for her. Agree she is one who shouldn't show her knees, ever.

Máxima at an evening reception at the Grand Hyatt hotel in Sao Paulo yesterday, November 20, 2012, wearing a green cocktail dress. The colour is great for her, only the cut of the upper part is not 100% perfect for her.

** Full view ** Side view ** Back view ** Upper part **

Máxima at an evening reception at the Grand Hyatt hotel in Sao Paulo yesterday, November 20, 2012, wearing a green cocktail dress. The colour is great for her, only the cut of the upper part is not 100% perfect for her.

I like the colour on her. Agree about the top part, not sure about the back side and don't like these shoes on her.

Much as I like the colour, I think she is just too old to wear dresses like that now. Perhaps if she weighted 10 kg less and was 5 years younger, she may have looked better, IMO.

Lovely shade but that bodice is so awful that I doubt whether it would suit any girl.

These buttons (?) remind me of the wedding dress (civil marriage) of prinses Anita, wife of prince Pieter Christiaan.

Much as I like the colour, I think she is just too old to wear dresses like that now. Perhaps if she weighted 10 kg less and was 5 years younger, she may have looked better, IMO.
That's it! I was wondering what was wrong with the dress on her. I really like the dress, but the bottom part is too tight and she is hunching so the top part doesn't look good either.

These buttons (?) remind me of the wedding dress (civil marriage) of prinses Anita, wife of prince Pieter Christiaan.
Buttons? It's those ghastly 'embellishments' looking like half-sucked and spat-out candy which Natan / Edouard Vermeulen likes to sew on every other of his designs, for whatever reason... probably to distract from the poor tailoring.

The green dress is pretty, only I don't like the details on the neckline.

If she would loose weight, I would say yes, but the age would not be the problem to wear the dress.

IMHO she looks like a giant in this dress (which she isn't). The outfit is extremely unflattering and perhaps more suited for a holiday at a beach resort. And that she left the hairdresser at home doesn't help either.

I believe she wore the shoes before, when she visited the Keukenhof with Svetlana Metvedev.

This is fine on it own but the shawl and the shoes make 3 completely different types of greens. Awful.

this dress is quite lovely but IMO it needed black shoes instead of that horrid aquamarine shoes, awful!

I agree: horrible shoes.

She looks X legged in the full view picture.
I think she has difficult legs to find a good dress length that doesn't make her legs look so heavy (don't know if this is a good expression in english).

That´s an interesting dress, but its back is awful, IMO.
I don´t mind the top part embellishment, but I agree that the bodice does look wrong on her.

From the front it's okay, from the back it's just aweful. The color is nice on Maxima.
and I completely agree, the shoes are just TERRIBLE. The shoes from 2009 are much better.

I really like the colour on her am not sure how it would better if she were thinner and younger I thing that the style suits most ages IMO ... BUT the shose are too chunky and ruin any look of slenderness... it needs a sleek glamour shoe to update it IMO

it you do not have skinny legs chunky shoes can make the leg look more slender

I like this dress. It looked better at the wedding, though.

I don't think this look flatters her at all and the shoes make it worse IMO I do however love the colour on her.

Maxima really can do colour - liked the green colour and love this gold. But not the shoes. My first thought when I saw the turquoise with the green dress was that she had forgot to pack her black evening shoes. This combo reinforces that thought.

She looks like she can rock the dancefloor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom