Crown Princess Máxima's Eveningwear Part 3: March 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks great. I like this simple yet elegant black and white combo. I think the amazing jewells she´s wearing look their best on a simple outfit like this. I also like her hairdo a lot :flowers:

Wow! When Maxima gets it right she really nails it. Unlike many other women black and white suit her and her choice of style is spot on. Timeless and chic.

But let's be honest, a fabulous ensemble can be totally ruined by the wrong hairstyle or jewellery and accessories that just don't synchronise with the style of the dress or, more importantly, occasion.

Maxima aced this. The up do is a delight and the jewellery enough to make a statement but not enough to be over the top. Stole, clutch and shoes . . . perfect.

:previous: I like this shade of brown, and without the coat Maxima looks great.

So much better without the coat, and her hair is much better groomed.

Last edited:
I soo agree, Baroness! Love the outfit and the shade of brown..simple but elegant. And Finally her hair looks shiny and healthy. All in all, She looks wonderful..

I bit too much of the same shade of brown for my taste. But I still think she looks wonderful, especially the hair. The overall look is good.

Yes, looking at it again, I'd have substituted some interesting shoes and clutch.

Sometimes people think the clothes are not matching at all and so the outfit is ugly and now it is too matchy.. Máxima can never do it right. ;)

Yes, one really must look at these pics a couple of times to get the real picture.. Definitely needs something different in the matchy shoes and clutch category!

It does seem that way, doesn't it... You can't please everyone! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes people think the clothes are not matching at all and so the outfit is ugly and now it is too matchy.. Máxima can never do it right. ;)

I don't think it's ugly by any means and she really looks great, but adding some contrast by means of accessories to the outfit would have been really nice.

Last edited:
I really like the whole look, even with the coat. She's not waif-ish by any means, and so she can carry this off. I don't like brown as a rule, but CP Maxima really glows in this warm shade.:flowers:

She looks fantastic! Mostly the hair, much better parted on the side, smooth and shiny, blonde always looks great with brown. Also, the mock turtleneck and cap sleeve style really flatters her. Bravo!

Too matchy for me too, I am not a fan of Maxima's obsession with coloured, shiny tights.

I liked everything, including the coat. She looks beautiful and elegant. Brown is a very difficult colour, but it always looks good on her.

The length of the coat bothers me, I like the rest of the outfit!

:previous:

I wasn't too excited when seeing it together with that long brown coat,
but without it the outfit is nice in my eyes:

** Full view without the coat ** Full view 2 **

Looking at the pictures again, I would agree that the outfit is lovely minus the coat. The dress is short for such a long coat which matched with something short underneath is so outdated IMO. Brown is indeed a lovely color on her but too much is not.

It's too.... brown.. and the coat is too Ned Kelly I am just speechless... almost.

Brown looks lovely on her, I like this dress and coat but coat seems more casual to me...suede is it?

I think the long coat throws off the whole outfit.

I adore how shiny it all is through the skirt to the glossy hosiery!

For me is too brown perhaps if the coat will be shorter...

Time to close this thread - thanks for all your contributions!
The new thread can be found here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom