Crown Princess Máxima's Eveningwear Part 1: April 2004 - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with everyone else.:flowers:
She looks gorgeous in both dresses.

This dress that Princess Máxima is wearing at the church wedding of Bernardo Guillermo is very nice and it suits her, but it is the wrong dress for that occasion.
It is much too frivolous for a church wedding...

Inappropriate for the occasion, too wide and too short, I don't like the candy color mix, and the diagonal ruffles are too thick to have a nice flow, which a dress in this style should have to make the look work.
Quite a bad choice overall.

I agree - I don't think it looks good on her (I'mnot sure it looks good - period), and I think its inappropriate for a catholic fall church wedding.

I like the dress, it has nice colours and it is pretty IMO, but I believe Máxima didn't know where she was going before she leaves her hotel lol. The dress is awful and not proper for any church wedding. The shoes are horrible, too. The scarf looks nice.

Another picture

I like the print and colors, but I agree with everyone else. It looks out of place during an evening event in September. The ruffles are nice, but this shape is too bulky on Maxima. It might have looked better if the ruffles started at the waist, and if the top part didn't have any ruffles at all, but rather a simple strapless style.

:previous: Bernado Guillermo and Willem Alexander are cousins as Bernado is the son of Princess Christina, who is the sister of Queen Beatrix.

I like the dress....but not for an evening wedding. Also, I don't think it does anything for Maxima.

It would be worn to an evening wedding in Buenos Aires, -do not know about New York- but since it was a happy informal occasion I think it is fine.

I think her outfit is perfectly appropriate. It was an informal wedding of WA's not the wedding of Mary to CP Fredericks.

Well ... I have to agree about the unflattering style of the dress. sgl is quite right about the print and colour palette. At the same time, it is autumn now and something more simple sleek monochrome would have suited Crown Princess Maxima better. Furthermore, I for one think that one-shoulder gowns, especially ones with ruffles, do not flatter Crown Princess Maxima much making her look bigger than she is.

I have to agree with Al_bina on this one.

IMO its not that the dress is not appropriate for an evening wedding in NY its that the dress does nothing for her. An off the shoulder dress would like better if it was fitted. Maxima has a nice figure and this doesn't show it to its benefit.

Its like the strappy shoes that she wears that don't look nice on her ankles because they are rather round. Sounds silly but thats what it looks like to me.

I like that Maxima added her normal touch with her earrings :)

If it was me, I'd 'redesign' the dress to retain the layering over the shoulder, but just have the rest plain - nice, slightly figure hugging (certainly not too much though)

I think the 'look' on the whole would have been better with a sleek updo. Flownsy dress and hair is not elegant IMO. The colors of the dress were nice though. My pet peeve is back. I promise not to go on and on always...but Why the daytime sports watch in the evening???? This drives me nuts. If an event is nice enough that your wearing a dress and strappy gold sandals, put your watch in your purse!!!!!!!

IMO the colours of this dress do not really suit Maxima, they are too pale for her complexion and toooo much ruffles....

I don't often respond to comments - but this lady is stunning and she looks so again in this outfit. I cannot understand the negative comments at all

I don't often respond to comments - but this lady is stunning and she looks so again in this outfit. I cannot understand the negative comments at all
Its just a fashion thread. We are commenting about our opinions on her fashion. I don't think any of us are not in agreement that Maxima is stunning!! We love her.:D

:previous: Indeed we do love her . . . . . . . just about as much as we hate some of her fantastic fashion faux pas. All of which, needless to say, is very much our own subjective opinions. ;)

Looks like I'm in the minority bc I love this outfit of Maxima's! I think she looks great and the wedding was during the last nights of summer so I think she's made a great choice with the dress.

I really like Princess Maxima's perfect dress!:)
But I think it's not for the wedding event, here needs something more conservative.

looks like maxima took the laura-ashley-decoration of her hotel room and wrapped it around herself ... by now the staff will have realized that the curtains are missing :p

The dress isnt too bad if worn with a nice big belt and worn to a daytime wedding.

hate the dress (unflattering), hate the hose, hate the spider!

she wore gorgeous jewelry during the day, what's with the black costume jewelry at night?

A bad look, aging her and making her appear heavy.
The dress has a very awkward length, the fabric is strangely draped, black stockings are indeed all wrong here, and the tacky Halloween 'jewelry' is simply horrid.
An overall Black Widow Spider style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom