Crown Princess Máxima's Eveningwear Part 1: April 2004 - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Her_Majesty! It looks better in the christening photos. Perhaps it is the lighting that makes it look too shiny in the recent photos. She looked fabulous in it the first time.

I hate to be a sheep but I like it better the first time too! I really do think that the daylight made a difference, and that the pants (whilst I can see why she chose them) were not a perfect match.
Maxima does wear her hair very well like that though! (Though I'd end on more of a positvie note ;))

Last edited:
Maxima pulled this off impressively well. Her hair was done so that there was nothing really new there, and Maxima loves brigh colours so no real challenges for her there either!
I think this was great.

Maxima pulled this off impressively well. Her hair was done so that there was nothing really new there, and Maxima loves brigh colours so no real challenges for her there either!
I think this was great.
i love it, i wonder where she got the dress? and her make up too, very indian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW !!! I absolutely love Crown Princess Maxima's Indian-themed outfit. :wub: She did an amazing job pulling off a giant turquoise ear-rings and silver embroidered patchwork border. The hairstyle organically matched the whole look.

All I can say is WOW!!! She looked amazing! Love love loved her whole look!

that is some amazing look on maxima! i'm very impressed: not many people would be able to pull it off so gracefully, elegantly and, most important, so diplomatically. great choice.

That was a perfect dress for the Indian event - i think only Maxima could carry off that bright turquoise colour (it must be Latin American looks)

Perfect from Maxima (as everything that is colourful, exotic and vibrant) - I love it!

Perfect!! Dress, hair, make-up! Brava Maxima, not many CP could pull this off IMO!! I would have preferred the royal turquoise earrings, but I"m beating a dead horse!!!

i wonder how havy are this earings?, i love them!

Wow! She is amazing in this outfit, I think because she is quite statuesque too, helps her to look elegant and the makeup was underplayed to allow the drama of the ensemble and Maxima's personality overall to shine out. The only other lady who could wear this well I think might be Queen Noor (in her younger years) as she is a statuesque blonde too.

delightful - thanks for the designer, great find, dazzling!

i love the dress. somehow it's a shame the embroidery in the chest didn't show that much in maxima's dress, but it's a great choice. it's funny how both mathilde and maxima seem fans of natan for their daytime events and valentino for evening dresses (generally when abroad).

i love it, i wonder where she got the dress? and her make up too, very indian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In India,as she and Alexander accompanied HM Queen Beatrix on her State Visit there last year.

In India,as she and Alexander accompanied HM Queen Beatrix on her State Visit there last year.

very true, lucien. it could possibly have been a present - maxima is known to have used the presents people give them in visits abroad.

Valentino dress and jewels on Maxima...gorgeous!! Hair looks strange to me but I do like when her hair is up!

Sorry, but I totally disagree with everyone who loved that dress on Máxima.
I didn't like her whole look.
What happened to her hair? It looked like she recieved an electric shock or went to the same hairstylist then Amy Whinehouse. Sorry, but it looked just horrible, IMO.
The dress... the only good thing about that dress was the colour.
Red looks fantastic on Máxima.. the cut and the ruffles ... well I didn't like them at all.

I think that Maxima looked the most festive of everyone. So many of the women wore black which to me is a morbid color to wear to a birthday party. Maxima's hair was a little odd but other than that I thought she looked wonderful, the ruffles definitely show off her spanish flair to a tee.

I loved her dress at Prince Charles' birthday party. It was a perfect complement to her personality. The color was so beautiful, and the whole look was a fun, happy look. Her hair was a bit big, but I think that she is able to carry it off with her personality. IMO, she was one of the best-dressed women at the PoW's birthday.

Troonopvolgers!: Prins Charles 60 jaar!
yes, i love it too, but the hair i am not so sure!
the dress , she likes all this dresses with ruffles, it is a kind of simmilar with the 40's birthday of W-A, i must say i like it too!!! and i love valentino!

When I saw the pictures in the car I though she looked stunning but was thinking I should postpone judgement until I saw the dress but she still looked amazing. To me the colour suited her well, the jewellery was lovely. The style was unusual but looked amazing on her.

Troonopvolgers!: Prins Charles 60 jaar!
yes, i love it too, but the hair i am not so sure!
the dress , she likes all this dresses with ruffles, it is a kind of simmilar with the 40's birthday of W-A, i must say i like it too!!! and i love valentino!

agree im not sure about her hair - it looks at times that she is going to take off

The colour of the dress is nice and suits her - but i cant help but think everyone else wore subdued colours - Mary in black, Letizia in navy, Mathidle in silver etc that she must have really stood out in the crowd.

She sure likes to get her photo taken :photo: - braving the cold and wet of London to appear in a strapless dress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom