Crown Princess Máxima's Eveningwear Part 1: April 2004 - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it is the first time i see this golden suit, very shiny, it look good on her, i love theirair rings and what does she has on hgher hair? a barret?
She first wore it during the Visit to Brazil some years ago.
Golden Suit in Brazil
Corbis

I don't like it at all. It is too shiny and it looks too tight (especially the pants).

She first wore it during the Visit to Brazil some years ago.
Golden Suit in Brazil
Corbis

I don't like it at all. It is too shiny and it looks too tight (especially the pants).
thank you for the photo, i like it more with the hat!!!!but you are right it is too shiny!!!!!

Well I love it, its stunning, I'd not seen it from Brazil - now I'll have to try to find the thread...!

I wonder what kind of fabric it is? it looks like the same kind of the last baptisim in silver. any idea who is the designer?????

I wonder what kind of fabric it is? it looks like the same kind of the last baptisim in silver. any idea who is the designer?????

Its a Valentino couture fall/winter 02/03
I think its taffte or taffte silk.
I quite like it. Its a bit shiny for my taste but it really does suit her & she does wear it well. I like the color on her.

This is exactly the sort of outfit I would normally hate, but for some reason I truely love it! There are not many people who could pull off an outfit like that, but Maxima has nailed it this time!

Its a Valentino couture fall/winter 02/03
I think its taffte or taffte silk.
I quite like it. Its a bit shiny for my taste but it really does suit her & she does wear it well. I like the color on her.
thank you, yes it is really shyny but she look good on it, it is nice but it has to be for a party like it not for everyday affairs it is too shyny

I like the colour, but I don't like the material at all. When Maxima gets it right, she looks stunning...but on this occasion IMO she got it wrong!:ermm:

it is strange that the last time she wore this shiny trouser suit she had a hat with it - awful shiny material i think if she has worn a cocktail dress she would have been better - most of the others went to the same occasion like this

Maxima's trouser gold outfit

I thought the gold trouser outfit Maixma wore for the Queens 70th birthday looked like something out of the movie Star Wars.

The gold colouring went nicely with her complexion, though. I loved the fuschia tiered ruffle gown she wore to Prince Willem-Alexander's birthday last year.

The color is very nice on her, but the pants are just not flattering on her at all.

I like the top, but think that the pants dont really do the event justice somehow. MT was wearing a dress and I feel that Maxima would have looked good with a skirt or dress too, but now that I think about it she doesn't tend to wear cocktail dresses (or similar) really, just day dresses and evening gowns.

The Jacket and pants that Maxima wore 25th Feb with Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa

From ANP : Close-Up ; Full view

Im not a fan of the pants for some reason. I like the jacket, very pretty, very evening look. Maybe the pants dress it down abit too much. I'd love to see that jacket with a simple black skirt.

There has been a gala dinner for the official visit of the President of Mozambique. Full length ; Close Up
It has been agreed in the thread for the visit that it is the outfit worn for 2004 Prinsjesdag

I really love the jacket and black pants she has just worn in Luxemburg. This simple cream and black looks amazing on her and is a recipe Maxima should stay withas much as possible IMO. This is just so flattering makes her look like a CP.... unlike the gold outfit that this time around has a questionable fit.

There has been a gala dinner for the official visit of the President of Mozambique. Full length ; Close Up
It has been agreed in the thread for the visit that it is the outfit worn for 2004 Prinsjesdag

The whole outfit is really pretty. The cut of the dress is amazing, color suits Maxima very well. Tonight, the only thing ruining the look was the jacket not worn right, Also maybe the jacket was abit too much for a dinner. Overall she looks lovely tonight.

I agree with you Dazzling. The jacket is not being worn properly, and it makes the outfit look awkward. The color and the fabric of the dress are very beautiful. She should have left the jacket at home.

I agree with you, Her Majesty. I like the minimalistic approach with jewellery. Green colour becomes Crown Princess Maxima perfectly. However, a tiara is missing. Usually Crown Princesses tend to wear a tiara for state banquets, don't they?

Last edited:
Usually Crown Princesses tend to wear to a tiara for state banquets, don't they?
Well.... that's the big mystery.

There is a kind of Tiara-Code for State Visits in all Monachies. .. exept the Netherlands. They sometimes wear Tiaras. Sometimes they don't.
One will never understand it. Even after years of Royal Watching. ;)

Last edited:
Her_Majesty,
It has been most kind of you to answer my question. Well ... I am really puzzled by Tiara Code in the kingdom of Netherlands. Anyway, Crown Princess looked great without a tiara.
P.S. You avatar is absolutely marvelous. Audrey Hepburn is my most favourite actress and style icon, an epitome of effortless elegance.:wub::wub::wub:

Oh WOW! Maxima looks gorgeous! Even with the darker eye make-up. Love her dress...!

I love her look. They eye makeup is just way, way too much.

I love Maxima's hair - even if there is no tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom