The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Crown Princess Maxima chose a perfect dress for the opening ceremony. I have to say this dress fitted her personality and figure. The black colour looked all right. It would have been much better, if she opted for a blue colour version of the dress.
But orange would be better

Old 08-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

That might be ... She does a good job pulling off the orange colour. Crown Princess Maxima should have worn a strong colour, not black.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Commoner

I'm liking that dress and I like it in black and white....the scroll pattern was a nice nod to some of the themes of the Opening Ceremonies. The only thing I would have done differently, is pair it with a nice shawl (maybe in a deep red or aqua). I can't find any pictures of the shoes she wore and I'm hoping she picked something other than black.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

I've translated some info about Benito Fernandez: Reina Maxima - Moda: Benito Fernández and Gabriela Fiori http://www.reinamaxima.com/moda-fiori.html

Is there any thread about Máxima's designers?
Old 09-16-2008, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Máxima at Prinsjesdag 2008

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2008/PPE08091621.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2008/PPE08091609.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2008/PPE08091618.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2008/PPE08091616.jpg

Old 09-16-2008, 08:41 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Sorry but I am very disappointed with Maxima's outfit. Is she going to a garden party? The hat is more or less a casual summer hat and the dress, well, it looks as ill fitted as a bathrobe on this occasion. For me it's much too casual looking and can't keep up with previous years. And then, sorry to say this, but Maxima knows exactly that she has to disembark the carrier, why chose such a neckline where people are able to see further down her chest (does she wear bra?) than they should be.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Sorry but I am very disappointed with Maxima's outfit. Is she going to a garden party? The hat is more or less a casual summer hat and the dress, well, it looks as ill fitted as a bathrobe on this occasion. For me it's much too casual looking and can't keep up with previous years. And then, sorry to say this, but Maxima knows exactly that she has to disembark the carrier, why chose such a neckline where people are able to see further down her chest (does she wear bra?) than they should be.
exactly my thoughts, as i posted in the prinsjesdag thread. there's something wrong with the outfit. the colour is nice, but the dress doesn't seem to fit her the best and it's a bit too informal in my opinion, for such pomp and circumstance. she had some lovely prinsjesdag outfits.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Nobility

It looks like a dress that my grandmother would wear if she had some chique event. I really do not like this dress on Maxima, it makes her look old.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I think she looked much better then last year (which wasn't hard, actually . last year's Prinsjesdag-outfit was horrible).
I love the colour on Máxima. Suits her alot.
I'm not a big fan of the cut of the dress.
The hat is nice.
Anyway, she has worn much better outfits for Prinsjesdag before.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

I really like the dress and hat on P Maxima, it does kinda look like the last seen in 'Stepford Wives" from the grocery store. Very 70's, but it works for me!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

A very pretty dress. The color suited Maxima very well & the cut, well she pulled it off well. This dress was not such as fussy as what she has worn in the past & I think many of us expected her to wear something abit more over the top as in past times, even though she didnt, this is a winner IMO. The hat adds alot to the outfit.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm in the minority here, since I loved the dress and the color on her. It's very different and very "girly" with the flowing sleeves and skirt. I think the hat is perfect with the dress. Of course, when I see that great smile, most of the time whatever she's wearing just fades away.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the color, but the style is awful. I am surprised to see her in such an ugly, old-fashioned style.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really love the colour but not the dress it photographs poorly from a distance and she looks like she's wearing a nightie. Love the hat.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I'm afraid the outfit didn't work for me either. Maxima is beautiful whatever she's wearing, as long as she has that wonderful smile of hers, but I didin't like the hat, the outfit and the colour either.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maxima's latest event: ANP Beeldbank Troonopvolgers!: Prinses Máxima in Haarlem!

As was pointed out in the CEvents thread, this looks to be the dress Maxima wore to F&L's wedding, May 2004.

I think she looks great!
Old 09-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Crown Princess Maxima was stunning in a rosy peach coloured sheer dress, which had a right amount of sparkle. The whole look nicely reflected both unique style and personality of Crown Princess Maxima. I am really impressed with her ability to pull off giant ear-rings.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
Maxima's latest event: ANP Beeldbank Troonopvolgers!: Prinses Máxima in Haarlem!

As was pointed out in the CEvents thread, this looks to be the dress Maxima wore to F&L's wedding, May 2004.

I think she looks great!

its great that she has finally re-used this dress as i recall the whole outfit was beautiful back then

Old 09-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Royal Highness

Maxima's dress is wonderful as usual, yet why does she seem to neglect the state of her hair? It looks so unkempt?
Old 09-28-2008, 05:16 AM
Heir Apparent

two more pictures of the lovely pink outfit:
pic 1
pic 2

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Closed Thread

Tags
eveningwear, maxima, princess maxima