The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
She's drinking when pregnant ?
Probably not, there are beverages that look like wine and can be substituted for it.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
She's drinking when pregnant ?

From the color, it might have been orange juice or some other similarly-colored juice with some fruit in it. She probably drank it from a cocktail glass because she'd look weird drinking it out of a Dixie cup.

I don't think Maxima, as omnipresent in the news as she is, would risk absolute scorn for drinking a cocktail while that visibily pregnant.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Nobility

At these events she has to toast she isn't going to drink while pregnant . It is probably juice.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Gentry

even if she sips a little bit of alcohol it is not going to affect the fetus
Old 02-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Emma
even if she sips a little bit of alcohol it is not going to affect the fetus

Perhaps in the early stages of pregnancy, as I've heard many doctors say a glass of wine here or there isn't harmful. However at the stage of pregnancy she's in, it would not be wise to drink at all.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

still, I'm sure Maxima wouldn't do it, and besides, if she was, I'm sure we would have heard the scandal by now. (man would we ever!)

I also don't think that is the same dress. First, look at the bodice: the bodice on the dress in turkey was a draped wrap-cross bodice, with no boning. The dress in Norway was a strapless dress, with some small gathering, and heavy boning. The bodice does not seem to allow for drapage. The waistline is also different. At the waist of the Turkey dress, is a lot of gathering from the top, but only really only much gathering at the center below. The dress in Norway had a lot of gathers, across the front, and no waistband. Finally, the hemlines are also different. The dress in Turkey had a straight hemline that was all floor-length. The dress in Norway was a curved hemline, with a rise in the hem in the front (very good for very pregnant ladies who can't see their feet!)
Also, the fabrics seem to be different. The color is very different, and the fabric in Turkey seems to be shinier, like silk or rayon. In the pic from Norway, the fabric seems to have at least an organza overlay.
Just my rambling opinion.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Heir Apparent

she is Crown Princess but im sure she dont drink real wine during pregnant years when she expect C-A,Alexia but im sure she drink unwine but not show glass covers.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
Perhaps in the early stages of pregnancy, as I've heard many doctors say a glass of wine here or there isn't harmful. However at the stage of pregnancy she's in, it would not be wise to drink at all.
Actually, you have it backwards, if you're going to avoid alcohol, it's best to do so in the beginning of the pregnancy, particularly the first 12 weeks of gestation. I agree with the other people here who think it's juice. A glass like that can have anything you want put in it

It's a beautiful dress. It's wonderful to see women looking lovely and elegant during pregnancy
Old 03-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
The color is very different, and the fabric in Turkey seems to be shinier, like silk or rayon.
You can be sure Princess Máxima will not wear inferior inflammable materials like rayon. Most likely it is silk tulle.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Royal Highness

Wine

Wine is a 100% nature product and is nothing more than fermented juice of grapes, apples or other fruits.

It is even considered healthier than Diet Coke or something with artificial colouring, CO-bubbles and aspartame or nutrasweet which has more side-effects on the body than a bit of alcohol in wine.

The % of alcohol in wine can vary very much from almost nothing (2%) to stronger wines (15%). Anyway, in the Netherlands a glass of wine a day is recommended in any diet. Also for pregnant women.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroneida
Actually, you have it backwards, if you're going to avoid alcohol, it's best to do so in the beginning of the pregnancy, particularly the first 12 weeks of gestation. I agree with the other people here who think it's juice. A glass like that can have anything you want put in it

It's a beautiful dress. It's wonderful to see women looking lovely and elegant during pregnancy
That is totally true! It was in our newspaper a couple a weeks ago; drinking one glass of alcohol in the first stage of pregnancy can cause a miscariage.
So I think she might had a sip or a glass of wine/champaign, she could do that without any harm I guess.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

i think everyone is getting of the topic of talking about maxima's dresses

Old 03-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Nobility

Indeed- let's get things back on topic.

Thanks.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Majesty

is there a photo of her dress from the celebration in norway
Old 07-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
is there a photo of her dress from the celebration in norway
See this link (click to blow it to giant proportions).
Old 07-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Courtier

Sorry, I see nothing but a lovely orange.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Click here to see the dress (you have to scroll down until you see it or check out the topic Queen Sonja's 70th Birthday Celebration topic in the Royal House of Norway sub-forum.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Courtier

Thanks Glittering, now I get to see a little bit more of the dress.

I notice that the hat is "recycled" too.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I guess Maxima is wearig Valentino Couture for her husbands big day? The cut of the dress, the three levels of ruffles repeated twice, is very similar to the one she wore in Thailand, I very much preffer the one from Thailand though

WA birthday
http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.php...122_1018lo.jpg
Thailand
http://img28.imagevenue.com/view.php...122_1012lo.jpg
Old 09-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen View Post
I guess Maxima is wearig Valentino Couture for her husbands big day? The cut of the dress, the three levels of ruffles repeated twice, is very similar to the one she wore in Thailand, I very much preffer the one from Thailand though

WA birthday
http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.php...122_1018lo.jpg
Thailand
http://img28.imagevenue.com/view.php...122_1012lo.jpg
It looks like Valentino, and yes.. the one from Thailand was fantastic

Tags
eveningwear, maxima, princess maxima