The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
Day 3 in New York
Full View -- Back View -- Hair
Fantastic dress, I like vibrant color Cardigan is nice too, CP reminds me 'old hollywood' style. Hairstyle is really good. I don't like the shoes.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

The fushia dress is perfect. She should have one made in every color. Love the Royal Rubies!! This is my favorite look so far this trip. Anyone else have a favorite?

Old 09-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Finally a perfect look from Maxima. The colours are vibrant (almost too vibrant in case of the red pashmina) but that's her.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
The fushia dress is perfect. She should have one made in every color. Love the Royal Rubies!! This is my favorite look so far this trip. Anyone else have a favorite?
agree with you, this dress is perfect, th fabric a mix of fuccia with some touch of red / coral? and the jewellery stunning! i wnat that dress for me too! ja!
Old 09-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thumbs up

Great outfit.... It's my new favorite closely followed by the white outfit. She looks good!
Old 09-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I quite like this dress, however, I do not like the shoes. I'm not fond of the pointed toe as a general rule, and here it seems to be in conflict with the dress - I cant quite figure out what it is, or why, but the style does not work for me. The hair and jewellery are great IMO though
Old 09-13-2009, 04:27 AM
Heir Apparent

12-09-2009

They seem so in love!!!
Maxima looks great!
Old 09-13-2009, 06:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Day 3 in New York
Love the colours, they really suit Maxima.

Quote:
12-09-2009

They seem so in love!!!
Maxima looks great!
Wow that dress is amazing. Suits Maxima very very well. They do look so in love.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Love the color of the evening gown. Maxima has such a nice figure I don't understand why her dressmaker(can't think of the proper word) sometimes makes things that are not as flattering. The difference between the sparkley peach and the fushia shift and the gown from last night. I really blame him because she is gorgeous.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
12-09-2009

They seem so in love!!!
Maxima looks great!
Here is a front view of the dress
The dress color is beautiful and does look quite pretty on Maxima, the silver embroidery looks also very pretty against the pale pink. What ruins it for me is that the embroidery is unflattering the way it curves on the top part.
From a distance, the top part looks like the same shade but in a different fabric such as polyester/silk.
Hair and make up where nicely done. I like the diamond clip/brooch in the hair.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

It is a cute dress, all that tinsel has a touch of humor, a bit less tinsel would have made it tacky and her dress suits what WA is wearing, they are the personification of the fairytale "and they lived happily ever after". It is great to see a couple so in love.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
The dress color is beautiful and does look quite pretty on Maxima, the silver embroidery looks also very pretty against the pale pink. What ruins it for me is that the embroidery is unflattering the way it curves on the top part.
From a distance, the top part looks like the same shade but in a different fabric such as polyester/silk.
I love this dress and Maxima's "look" ... one of her best ever!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

The gown looks very lovely from the side, but the full frontal view posted by dazzling once again reveals Natan's shortcomings as a designer.
The 'bust' part has a most awkward, unflattering shape, and the skirt, which is undoubtedly meant to be light and fluid, is too heavily dragged down by the embroidery at the bottom.
I love Maxima's hairstyle here including the jewelry ornament, it's perfect for her.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight
12-09-2009

They seem so in love!!!
Maxima looks great!
I like the dress very much especially because of the glittering embroidery and the perfectly chosen jewelery that stresses its simplicity. I'm really fond of the material and color as both seem to be so original and soft.
Thank you Turkish Delight!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
The dress color is beautiful and does look quite pretty on Maxima, the silver embroidery looks also very pretty against the pale pink. What ruins it for me is that the embroidery is unflattering the way it curves on the top part. [my bolding]
I fully agree with you. Looking rough, the embroidery ruins the dress. More delicate embroidery would have suited much better.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the color and shape of the dress, but I agree with the others. The glittery embroidery is too much. I think the dress would have been much prettier without it, especially the embroidery on the top.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

I like the embroidery. The sparkle at the bottom is an unexpected and really pretty touch. I wish the dress nipped in a little at the waist to show off her curves instead of being so straight because Máxima has a nice shape and that dress doesn't show that well.

I love the pink dress! Love the shape, lovelovelove the color! The only thing is that those shoes kind of make her feet look big... how aobut a strappy heel in a neutral color instead of those bridesmaid's heels?

Old 09-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Fantastic dress but I agree with others that the shape / embroidery of the bust somehow doesn't work.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
12-09-2009

They seem so in love!!!
Maxima looks great!
Fantastic dress, I love the color and material. The top part is little unflattering IMO. But whole look is really good
Old 09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree about the top part, but overall this is a stunning dress!
The colour and the embroidery suit Maxima, and the hairdo and earrings look amazing on her. I absolutely love her look!

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Closed Thread

Tags
eveningwear, maxima, princess maxima