The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think her outfit is perfectly appropriate. It was an informal wedding of WA's not the wedding of Mary to CP Fredericks.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Well ... I have to agree about the unflattering style of the dress. sgl is quite right about the print and colour palette. At the same time, it is autumn now and something more simple sleek monochrome would have suited Crown Princess Maxima better. Furthermore, I for one think that one-shoulder gowns, especially ones with ruffles, do not flatter Crown Princess Maxima much making her look bigger than she is.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
I don´t like this look. The shape of the dress looks odd in Maxima. It would be nicer if it were a bit shorter.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 09-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Administrator

I have to agree with Al_bina on this one.

IMO its not that the dress is not appropriate for an evening wedding in NY its that the dress does nothing for her. An off the shoulder dress would like better if it was fitted. Maxima has a nice figure and this doesn't show it to its benefit.

Its like the strappy shoes that she wears that don't look nice on her ankles because they are rather round. Sounds silly but thats what it looks like to me.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like that Maxima added her normal touch with her earrings :)

If it was me, I'd 'redesign' the dress to retain the layering over the shoulder, but just have the rest plain - nice, slightly figure hugging (certainly not too much though)
Old 09-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the 'look' on the whole would have been better with a sleek updo. Flownsy dress and hair is not elegant IMO. The colors of the dress were nice though. My pet peeve is back. I promise not to go on and on always...but Why the daytime sports watch in the evening???? This drives me nuts. If an event is nice enough that your wearing a dress and strappy gold sandals, put your watch in your purse!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

IMO the colours of this dress do not really suit Maxima, they are too pale for her complexion and toooo much ruffles....
Old 09-07-2009, 05:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Hmmmm
I like this dress but I think it would be better a little longer.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:07 AM
Commoner

I don't often respond to comments - but this lady is stunning and she looks so again in this outfit. I cannot understand the negative comments at all
Old 09-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
I don't often respond to comments - but this lady is stunning and she looks so again in this outfit. I cannot understand the negative comments at all
Its just a fashion thread. We are commenting about our opinions on her fashion. I don't think any of us are not in agreement that Maxima is stunning!! We love her.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Indeed we do love her . . . . . . . just about as much as we hate some of her fantastic fashion faux pas. All of which, needless to say, is very much our own subjective opinions.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Looks like I'm in the minority bc I love this outfit of Maxima's! I think she looks great and the wedding was during the last nights of summer so I think she's made a great choice with the dress.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Heir Apparent

I really like Princess Maxima's perfect dress!
But I think it's not for the wedding event, here needs something more conservative.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

looks like maxima took the laura-ashley-decoration of her hotel room and wrapped it around herself ... by now the staff will have realized that the curtains are missing
Old 09-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The dress isnt too bad if worn with a nice big belt and worn to a daytime wedding.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't like Princess Maxima's dress at all. I also don't like the ruffles on the dress. But her shoes doesn't look bad. It would look nice if she wear her hair up in a bun with flowers in her hair.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Maxima Day 2 in New York
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Old 09-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Serene Highness

Love the dress. Hate the panty hoses under it.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Nobility

hate the dress (unflattering), hate the hose, hate the spider!

she wore gorgeous jewelry during the day, what's with the black costume jewelry at night?
Old 09-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

A bad look, aging her and making her appear heavy.
The dress has a very awkward length, the fabric is strangely draped, black stockings are indeed all wrong here, and the tacky Halloween 'jewelry' is simply horrid.
An overall Black Widow Spider style.

Tags
eveningwear, maxima, princess maxima