Crown Princess Máxima's Daytime Fashion, Part 9: January 2012 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 9 of the thread for Crown Princess Máxima's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** Crown Princess Máxima's Daytime Fashion, Part 8: September 2011 - January 2012

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Princess Maxima wore this during the visit to New York a few years ago, I liked it then an I like it now! Red is such a good color on her, IMO.

I remember this suit well, never liked the clownish collar and the shiny material of the skirt.

Are those big celebrity glasses really necessary? I never see WA in sunglasses or Beatrix ... its all about attention, isnt it.

Hate the collar and the skirt.

mmm not sure about this one but the colour is good on her is it the skirt or the headpiece or both and her hair is back and neat good, but it just doesn't look right to me.

At first glance, I thought Max was wearing earmuffs! I also don't care for the clownish ruffle at her neck, certainly not paired with the sleeves at the wrist. I just like the color.

Don't care much for the outfit but I love the color and sunglasses

Agree.. Especially, I don't like the jacket.

Maxima looks great in red. The ruffles are a bit much though, and I don't care for the headpiece.

Love the coral color and the neckline and boxy jacket. Very 60's Jackie vibe, she can carry the collar when standing up straight.
Can anyone ID the suit?

The color is great! I don't mind the stylish sleeves but the ruffle collar is too much.

Máxima on day 2 in Oman, January 11, wearing two different outfits:

The jacket with its pattern of outfit 1 is great, I also like the matching colour of hat and pants,
she could even have left the green highlights away. The colour combination of the second outfit
is also nice, it only seems the pants are a bit too long for flat shoes.

** Outfit 1 full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

** Outfit 2 full view ** Upper part **

Both outfits are horrid.Green shoes and bag with red?

Last edited:
I don't care for either outfits. The lime green purse, shoes and jewelry is way off the mark.

I don't care for either outfits. The lime green purse, shoes and jewelry is way off the mark.

I agree - and those tacky sunglasses!!! It looks so out of place on Maxima as neither Beatrix nor WA are wearing some. Horrible!!!

Not a fan of either of the combinations. However, the second jacket is not so bad. I'm sure there are pieces in her closet that could be paired up with it and look great.

Apparently, It wasn't a very good idea to combine the burgundy suit with green shoes&purse. The second outfit looks much better.

I only like the jacket on the first outfit, and that's on closeup view. Those acid green accessories are awful! And the jacket on the second outfit seems too heavy in color and style for the climate.

I only like the jacket on the first outfit, and that's on closeup view. Those acid green accessories are awful! And the jacket on the second outfit seems too heavy in color and style for the climate.

This particular green is used in the National colours of Oman as well.A gesture towards the host.Linen never is too heavy in the tropics...

This particular green is used in the National colours of Oman as well.A gesture towards the host.Linen never is too heavy in the tropics...

That may be a courtesy, but the colors of the jewelry and the outfit were an odd combination, IMO. I still think the color and style of the second jacket looked too heavy, even if it were linen. Again, my opinion.

Last edited:
Love the lime green, especially if it is a gesture to the host. But the earrings are no good.
the sunglasses must go. Otherwise, great looks.

Sorry, but I have to agree the lime green suede shoes and clutch just seem odd with the red outfit.

Sorry, but I have to agree the lime green suede shoes and clutch just seem odd with the red outfit.

:omanflag::omanflag2::dutchflag::dutchflag2:

It are exactly these colours that match with the National flag of Oman,hence the choice to emphasize the importance HM and TRH attach to this visit....

I love red and green as a mix....not just for Christmas...anytime of the year..:)

Last edited:

Máxima on day 2 in Oman, January 11, wearing two different outfits:

The jacket with its pattern of outfit 1 is great, I also like the matching colour of hat and pants,
she could even have left the green highlights away. The colour combination of the second outfit
is also nice, it only seems the pants are a bit too long for flat shoes.

** Outfit 1 full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

** Outfit 2 full view ** Upper part **
I like the first outfit except for the shoes (don´t mind the green colour, but I don´t like them).
From the second outfit I just like the jacket.

Some pieces are redemption for these 2 outfits like the dark and the dark pants and the hats are gorgeous IMO but put together they spell horror show.

About the sunglasses...

Some of us are unable to tolerate bright outdoor sun. Nothing medical, just sensitive to sunlight. I always see people without sunglasses, and say, Gosh, why aren't they wearing shades?:cool:

Máxima on the final day of the state visit to Oman, January 12, wearing a nice caftan dress.

The shade of the scarf has been too loud for my taste.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

I love the color of the scarf but the print of the dress is hideous.

It's not the color of the scarf as much as it us "too" much scarf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom