The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 07:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't quite understand the liking for such a badly made dress which also adds about twenty pounds to Maxima's figure from some angles...
Look at the way the draping of fabric in the top is executed, look at the terribly uneven hemline - Natan possesses no craftsmanship at all.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:24 AM
Courtier

Ooh , this is a lovely shade of green and it suits Princess Maxima too. I think I would have preferred her dress to be just a little longer. Otherwise a very nice look.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
On anyone else the red would be wrong, but on Maxima it seems right:) This suit looks amazing on her. Love her hat too!
No, it was wrong on Maxima too. And I think the colour overwhelmed her. You only saw Red and no Maxima (on TV).
Perhaps it would have looked better (and less loud) if the hat had been in white (very Jackie O.). But bright red from hat to shoes was definitely wrong IMO.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Máxima at the Appel arts centre in Amsterdam today, May 23, looking great in a short green summer dress:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
Great dress color and the slight draping is nice but those shoes, totally not daytime shoes.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Nobility

The red suit jacket should have been longer. It cuts her in half and makes her look heavier than she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Great dress color and the slight draping is nice but those shoes, totally not daytime shoes.
I know you're right about the shoes and I'm a little ashamed to admit it but I love metallic shoes for daytime. Especially if they're sandal type shoes.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I don't quite understand the liking for such a badly made dress which also adds about twenty pounds to Maxima's figure from some angles...
Look at the way the draping of fabric in the top is executed, look at the terribly uneven hemline - Natan possesses no craftsmanship at all.
I'm shocked that the dress is by Natan and probably costs a lot - I agree 100% with you.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont like this dress in maxima she looks like she gaina lot ofweight like a aig mama1
Old 05-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Courtier

Of the two latest outfits I *much* prefer the red-I love punchy reds (and TBH at the christening there seemed to be a lot of blushy/nudey/beigey colors that seemed bland and insipid to me)and to see Maxima rocking that crimson dress made my little heart soar! The green isn't bad necessarily but it didn't look as flattering on her as the red IMHO.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Dress is from Natan
Old 05-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

In totally agree the colour is lovely but the length is not at all for her and the dress is the wrong shape except for the beach.
The length of the skirt of the red shr wore to the Swedish christening was also not a good idea. but I loved the colour again there.
This green outfit overall is tragic.IMO
Old 05-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

A quick recycling:

For a second event today Máxima wore the same combination again she has worn before last weekend in London
- including the same accessories and creases

** Full view ** Upper part ** May 20 **
Old 05-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
A quick recycling:

For a second event today Máxima wore the same combination again she has worn before last weekend in London
- including the same accessories and creases

** Full view ** Upper part ** May 20 **
Yikes! The shoes are nice at least.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Crown Princess Máxima at the christening of Princess Estelle today, May 22, wearing a female suit and hat in red.
The look itself is nice, but as all other royal ladies wore softer colours, it looks a bit too red and dominating
Máxima was not the only "lady in red", princess Désirée also choose red (had a bit of a trouble with the hat),
http://www.royalportraits.nl/categor..._id=797&page=6
Old 05-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well... that was a quick recycling indeed (the beige/orange pantsuit). And as the last time, it is wrinkled and the nipples are on display. You wonder why nobody at the palace checks these things to prevent it happening a 2nd time.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder why Maxima doesn't check these errors for herself before she leaves! And the Natan green dress was also a disaster. Why don't these Natan- loving Princesses find other designers whose standards and designs are so much better...
Old 05-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Majesty

The shade of green is lovely on Maxima, but I'm not a huge fan of the dress itself.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

That's a stunning green dress. However I don't like the shoes with it.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Serene Highness

Princess maxima looks so beautiful in the red plus the pearls. Elegant, classy :)
Old 05-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the green color, but not the dress. I see nothing that indicates a designer dress. And that wrinkled tan pantsuit with the orange trim around the flared waist is just as unflattering as it was in its previous appearance.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Time to close this thread - thanks for all your contributions!
The new thread can be found here!