Crown Princess Máxima's Daytime Fashion, Part 8: September 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In comparison to the well-turned-out Queen, Max did not look good at all at the airport arrival. She should have changed into more formal attire and freshened her hair and makeup before disembarking. I'm really unimpressed at this sight of the future Queen.

Last edited:
dee4855 said:
The airport arrival is a slap in the face to her host. Getting off the plane with no makeup, not even brushing her hair is uncalled for. The Queen was well dressed as always. I do not understand Maxima at times. Is it because she just does not care, or she just does not get what her future role as the Queen really is. She should be well dressed when they are on a State Visit. It seems to be everyone but Maxima always pulls out their finest. The airport arrival outfit is way to casual to meet Heads of State or other royal families. If this had been a private visit it would have been fine to arrive the way she did.

I agree.
She had more than enough time to look presentable. She's clueless.

I think that this outfit is my favourite of the day. I love the style of the jacket.
Another photo of the hat

Love the outfits so far. Her white suit is awesome.

hmm good looking in pantsuits..like the one from day 2 bit better...thank you for sharing

The airport arrival is a slap in the face to her host. Getting off the plane with no makeup, not even brushing her hair is uncalled for. The Queen was well dressed as always. I do not understand Maxima at times. Is it because she just does not care, or she just does not get what her future role as the Queen really is. She should be well dressed when they are on a State Visit. It seems to be everyone but Maxima always pulls out their finest. The airport arrival outfit is way to casual to meet Heads of State or other royal families. If this had been a private visit it would have been fine to arrive the way she did.

Agree 100% - I honestly thought: Who is that woman?
http://cdn.monarchypress.com/1/145534f089c4336eeb666898159.jpg

And then again, when Maxima gets it right, she gets it right! Love those two beige outfits:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Am5_Tn5ml...Ckp3oIxM/s640/145534f09d61f2936c923703132.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/14b2u82.jpg

Not liking this one, one bow or ruffle to many and only one bland colour. It needs some accessories to break the boredom.
http://i41.tinypic.com/14b2u82.jpg

Last edited:
You're welcome, nylonluva :flowers:

Here is the second outfit of day 2,

now after having seen that, I prefer the first ;) It's recycled, but together with the glasses too much for my
personal taste, and the worst thing is the fact that Queen Beatrix's choice for the event is so similar. One of
them should have worn a single-colored, more neutral dress - this way it grates a bit on one's eyes..

** Full view ** Upper part ** Máxima and Beatrix **

It's recycled, but together with the glasses too much for my
personal taste, and the worst thing is the fact that Queen Beatrix's choice for the event is so similar. One of
them should have worn a single-colored, more neutral dress - this way it grates a bit on one's eyes..

Yes, looking at both outfits at the same time makes me rub my eyes and the sunglasses are TACKY!

She really isn't wearing any makeup at the airport?! I wonder what possible explaination there could be?

together with the glasses too much for my

Horrid.
Maxima looks like a caricature of her own self - this is a perfect get-up for anyone who would like to parody her in a cruel way. No idea how she could look at herself in a mirror and NOT crack up with laughter, followed by a quick change of dress.
Of course the match with Queen Beatrix doesn't help - they walk around like two Rohrschach Tests nobody wants to be submitted to.
The most tasteless outfit of the new year, and hopefully it remains the worst for some time to come.

What happened to the less is more theory? In the case of Max's beribboned outfit, there's a fashion maxim that one should look in the mirror after dressing and remove at least one accessory. Obviously Max needs more mirrors.

What a uberhyped response.The arrival was,as I already explained,purely a technical arrival.
No welcoming head of state in sight nor was there any meeting between the two families planned on saturday night.So,so no,not an offence to anyone in sight that night.Slab in the face....really...:whistling:..No,not at all,unless one is one of those uberhyped wish we were fashion models girls...But class doesn't need make-up just to please forum members..The very idea is hilarious...!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I agree lucien, she wasn't in a ponytail and jeans. She was just without eye makeup

What a uberhyped response.The arrival was,as I already explained,purely a technical arrival.
No welcoming head of state in sight nor was there any meeting between the two families planned on saturday night.So,so no,not an offence to anyone in sight that night.Slab in the face....really...:whistling:..No,not at all,unless one is one of those uberhyped wish we were fashion models girls...But class doesn't need make-up just to please forum members..The very idea is hilarious...!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

There was press there. She was representing your country abroad. You did not see the Queen get off the plane with no makeup and her hair uncombed.:whistling: She looked as lovely as she always does when she appears in public. The Prince had on a suit and a tie. So, this arrival must have been of some importance to the royals otherwise they could have stepped off the plane looking like they just rolled out of bed too.

It was still a non-official arrival to allow the Oranges to adjust to the climate.

iceflower said:

now after having seen that, I prefer the first ;) It's recycled, but together with the glasses too much for my

I'm not liking this "cow" look.
The pattern and colors are coming off as tacky

It was still a non-official arrival to allow the Oranges to adjust to the climate.

My mistake. I guess the Queen and the Crown Prince have no idea how it should be done since they are royals by birth.:flowers:

I'm not liking either of the latest two outfits that were posted. The blouse she wore with the pants had too much going on, though the pants themselves are all right. The black and white dress with a black fascinator? and huge glasses......just no :eek:.

Ghastly! Way too much going on here... And what's that silly little thing on her head? Two thumbs down.

I didn't like the black/white outfit at all. Too much going on with the pattern. I wished she would have chosen either the coat or the dress unterneath one colored.

Please stay respectful towards each other - some posts have been removed,
if you wish to continue your personal exchange please use the private message
system instead! Thanks!

Don't like it at all. The clothes, the glasses, the hair thingy... All wrong.

Maybe she should have a little talk with QB before they appear together again.

Máxima on day 2 of the state visit, January 9, wearing a plain-coloured combination.
Maybe one of the ribbons would have been enough.

** Full view ** Back view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

There's somerhng a little "Eliza Doolittle" about this outfit to me. At least one bow should have been edited off the outfit, and the brim on the hat could have been twice as small, IMO. The drape on the fabric is really nice.

There's somerhng a little "Eliza Doolittle" about this outfit to me. At least one bow should have been edited off the outfit, and the brim on the hat could have been twice as small, IMO. The drape on the fabric is really nice.
I love the pale blue pantsuit with the bows. The color is beautiful, she is tall enough to carry both bows imo and the hat. In fact, hats off to her for some interesting choices.
The beige pantsuit and great shoes another winner though don't like the ribbons/bows on the wrists. I love the picture of the white fitted suit where she's being shown quite a gold trinket!
The black and white is simply awful, especialy the hat and sunglasses.

Mostly, the hair is really bad when down, it looks so scraggly, like it needs a trim. Her hats have been mostly good though. Nice try and nice jewelry accessories

Last edited:

very nice picture :flowers:

I like the black and white on her but the style is unflattering.. ho hum .. I was so hoping she had made some New Years resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom