Crown Princess Máxima's Daytime Fashion, Part 8: September 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Max looks lovely in red, perhaps just one shade of it at a time. Sometimes her earrings alone turn an ok outfit into a 'fail' IMO. And the old saying, put your outfit on, then take one thing off, might help Max. Often, she just has too much going on. Block colours would work well on her. Then maybe a scarfe for a pop of colour to match her lovely natural 'fizzy' personality. (that's a compliment by the way)!

I don´t like her outfit today.

Maxima´s outfits during the visit to the Dutch Caribbean:

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The best were n1, 5, 12 and 13.

Oh dear, most of her outfits look like a joke, IMO. I like Maxima, but her fashion has become pretty awkward in the last months or so (or was it really always like that?). I surely like it that she chooses lively, vibrant colors - seems to match with her personality. But she overdoes it with the accessories. Outfit 3 for example makes me laugh - the skirt is not very flattering and the hat either, but then she adds those sunglasses which make it even more comical. Anyway, a few outfits are nice, though.

I like 12: nice, flattering dress and a great hat - wide-brimmed hats look always very nice on her.

5: fantastic color, nice hat, nice dress.

1: although I'm not fond of the hat, all in all the outfit with its coral-theme is a nice idea.

Thanks for the collage, Salma! :flowers:

Crown Princess Máxima at an award ceremony in Amsterdam, today, November 9, wearing a brown coat dress:

** Full view **

Brown dress looks much better in that at least it's all one colour, can't see the earrings though.

The brown dress looks good on her. I'm not really liking the color of the stockings. A shade lighter would have looked a little better.

I don´t like her outfit today.

Maxima´s outfits during the visit to the Dutch Caribbean:

The best were n1, 5, 12 and 13.

Love this compilation...thanks to whoever did it/found it...But it makes me ask the question: For a tour like this how on earth can she justify travelling with 9 different large hats and 3 pillbox ones? I am thinking in terms of luggage (at least 10 huge hatboxes are needed)...And wouldn't she have been better with half the hats but more versatile ones that match a multiple of outfits? But then again, I guess in events like this there are masses of luggage anyway, so what's a few more hatboxes, huh? Wow! Maxima's hats probably took up more space than all her clothes combined....

Is the brown coatdress bad because of the shoes or the hair or the stockings it's nice but the look is wrong styled badly IMO

Love this compilation...thanks to whoever did it/found it...But it makes me ask the question: For a tour like this how on earth can she justify travelling with 9 different large hats and 3 pillbox ones? I am thinking in terms of luggage (at least 10 huge hatboxes are needed)...And wouldn't she have been better with half the hats but more versatile ones that match a multiple of outfits? But then again, I guess in events like this there are masses of luggage anyway, so what's a few more hatboxes, huh? Wow! Maxima's hats probably took up more space than all her clothes combined....
I was wondering the same I post something like that oine one of the threats, when you think the quantity f cloths, shoes, handbags, jewellery, accesories, etc...... and of course not forget the hats plus the same for the Queen, I can not imagine how many laguagge and people t handle all this!?

I was wondering the same I post something like that oine one of the threats, when you think the quantity f cloths, shoes, handbags, jewellery, accesories, etc...... and of course not forget the hats plus the same for the Queen, I can not imagine how many laguagge and people t handle all this!?

Just a handfull,the Court works very efficient,they really do! :)

Has I said before Princess Maxima loves to be in fashion, loves to wear new clothes, expensive clothes...She shoul recyle more... care more about her duties and less about fasion and beeing fashionable:ermm:

Don't like the brown outfitt. I thinks she looks very big in it.
The stockings are also not very good chosen.

Agreed. Don't like the brown coat-dress. She looks bigger than she really is.

Máxima at the Royal Dutch Mint in Utrecht today, November 10, 2011, wearing grey pants
and blouse and a brown leather jacket. I'm not the biggest fan of that recycled jacket, but
I think she looked good in that combination nevertheless.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Has I said before Princess Maxima loves to be in fashion, loves to wear new clothes, expensive clothes...She shoul recyle more... care more about her duties and less about fasion and beeing fashionable:ermm:

Most of the time I agree with your posts, biboquinhas. But in regard to Maxima, I have the perception that she is a hard worker and one prepared to deal with economy issues the way a future king/queen should be more than a queen consort generally is.
It happens that, besides having a mind directed towards business, she's got a soul directed towards colorful and exotic things.
And I think she recycles her clothes a lot. See all the dresses she has worn during the recent visit to the Caribbean - most of them are recycled, the same way as her shoes, hats, etc.

^^ cmbruno, I totally agree with you about Maxima. She seems to me as very well prepared, she seems to really like economic issues (she used to work in economics/business before she was a princess, right?) and to devote a lot of her time to it, she participates in forums, conferences, etc about business, etc, etc,.
About her fashion choices, sometimes I look at her and think "WOW amazing" and others I think "WTF?". The truth is that some of my favourite outfits of all royals were worn by Maxima but some of the ugliest were worn by her as well:bang:

Well I don't follow her so close has I follow other Princess fashion choices, ...and yes I'am possible wrong about her fashion choices :flowers: thank you:)

Just a handfull,the Court works very efficient,they really do! :)
a handfull I would love that when I travel:flowers:! and yes I agree the musst be very efficient to do and remeber everything!still i would love to be a fly and see personaly how does really works!
thank you :flowers:

I like the brown jacket and grey pants combination.

I like Max's look today; the short jacket and slacks give her a very long, leggy look, although my earlobes are hurting just looking at those huge earrings. I find her fashion style is hit or miss; when she gets it right, she looks really good, but when she gets it wrong - oh, my! :eek:

I think the leather jacket is rather ugly and the Flintstone jewellery, no comment.

Yes I agree, Maxima can be found on both ends of the spectrum, fantastic or horrible. She is very rarey average.

I don't know what you guys are talking about maxima looks fine but I must agree with the jacket maybe a different color?different material? Different design/style?....hmmm

Really like the jacket and love the mineral earrings.

This is really getting out of hand ... those 2 bits of fossilised wood hanging off the ears is one thing but the shoes are orthopeadic looking and the colours are just plain horrible together. Has she lost the plot..... ??? will this horror show stop. ??

Maxima looks so vibrant today. Both her clothes and her personality. I love it!

She looks good today. Don't like the bag but the shoes are very nice.

She's looking better today, but honestly been better dressed in the past.

I don't care for the dress, from what I can see of it, but I do like her accessories especially the handbag. But no to the earrings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom