The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, Max, Max, why must you color coordinate everything? Really, horribly opaque black stockings with bright red shoes that match a red clutch that also matches the red in your dress? A little bit overkill, you think? And wearing a brown coat just because it matches that bitty little brown belt on your dress, despite the fact that there's a majority of black in your outfit? That belt should be black, not brown, but thankfully it's not red as well. I don't even mind the dress and coat; it's that the accessories are just so off!

And please, Max, make a note to self: see a stylist and get the roots done before April 29!

Old 04-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
A good time to retire it IMHO.
It is high time for doing that

Today, April 12, Máxima has recycled an old Natan dress for a visit in Rotterdam:

** April 12 ** September 2010 ** October 2010 ** March 2011 **

Old 04-23-2013, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Máxima at two events today, April 23, wearing a recycled outfit in brown:

** With a coat ** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** October 2011 **
Old 04-23-2013, 09:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nice outfit but not a great color on her. I think this color looks best when you have some color or tan in your skin. When I wear it I seem to keep putting on more blush and I think Maxima has done the same thing.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

Máxima at the launch of the nationwide Girlsday in Den Haag today, April 25 - wearing a dress with a special print and a coat in silver - I neither like the coat nor the dress:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
Old 04-25-2013, 09:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh dear ... the coat is a bit too ... silver .. and the dress is too busy neither suit her IMO.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Courtier

Agreed. The dress would probably be fine by itself, but the cut of the coat looks strange with a dress underneath.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Courtier

I so wish Maxima would get her act together. She just looks so sloppy and unkempt at times. The huge fake jewelry and clothes that do not look pulled together at all. Then to top it off is her hair. Hard to believe she is going to be a Queen in a few days. You would never have a clue from her appearance.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's the dress, which is hideous. The coat over a simple dress, even with print would be fine. She, usually, looks very attractive. The hair is many younger people's problem. It just hangs on most of them.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, I really like the combo. The dress by itself with the big blue splotch would be just a mess, but I really like the silver and draping of the coat.
Her hair, though, is really the worst I have seen.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, jeez, I've got to pass on this look; the hair is just -ugh. Those earrings are awful, too. Please, Max, get your act together and really dazzle us on April 30!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Majesty

Not too crazy about this particular look. The pattern of the dress is a bit much. I think a simpler pattern would have looked better.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

A much better look than yesterday: Máxima at the launch of the Koningsspelen in Enschede today, April 26, wearing a nice coat:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Old 04-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

The coat is gogeous the bag is lovely with it I am not a fan of the shoes but then she adds the silly earrings... I do think she is looking amazing at the moment all in preparation for the big handover I guess but I do think she has lost a bit of weight I do like her.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the coat and the Chanel bag, but not the earrings or the shoes. I don't think she looks amazing yet, and she hasn't got much time left to get her act together for the big day. We shall see...
Old 04-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, Max does dazzle in formal wear and bling, so I'm expecting a marvelous appearance from her on the big day!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Majesty

That's one great coat! Definitely an improvement from yesterday's horror.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the outfit. I'm not sure about the earrings though.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The grey coat is a classic piece and its a lovely but those earrings clash with the coat IMO.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the coat and shoes and bag. If she lost the earrings the HAIR, would be a winner

Tags
daytime fashion, princess maxima, princess maxima daytime fashion