The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 05:02 AM
Courtier

I'm in the "I love the whole outfit, just not the sleeves" camp. And I agree that only Maxima can pull something like this off.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the colour of the blouse and the earrings. Pity that it is not a dress in one colour.

The sleeves are rediculous and the hat, she might as well have planted a whole pheasant on her head.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Watching Maxima in the video made me really appreciate her. I don't think she is trying to steal attention, I think she is just into it.
She cries (a lot!) at weddings, and seems to be IN the moment, instead of playing to the cameras. Just my impression.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just awful. I suppose the hat ensured that Willem-Alexander never lost her in the crowd of guests. It reminds me of when you're on a guided tour and the person leading you walks along with a sign in the air so you can follow on.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Courtier

Her outfit isn't bad at all.I love the combination of colors.
I too think that she has a nice silhouette
The negative points are the sleeves,hat and shoes.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Aristocracy

Oh, how dull and dreary these royal gatherings will be without Maxima's sometimes quirky and fun fashion statements! Although I don't always personally like what she wears, her choices are a joy to follow... and I bet all the photographers will agree with me.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

I am not usually a fan of how Maxima dresses, but I have to admit that on this occassion, I felt the whole ensemble demonstrated panache, and really did work for her. That said, I am not sure it was suitable for a wedding, perhaps Ascot?
Old 10-22-2012, 08:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR
Just awful. I suppose the hat ensured that Willem-Alexander never lost her in the crowd of guests. It reminds me of when you're on a guided tour and the person leading you walks along with a sign in the air so you can follow on.
I loved her hat! It was very vintage-looking and a great statement piece.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Heir Apparent

On Maxima can pull off this look.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
I loved her hat! It was very vintage-looking and a great statement piece.
I loooved the hat, too - and the combination with the jewels, the hair and the make-up. Phantastic.
The dress combination on its own would not have been so good - as a standalone dress. But in this combination with the rest of the outfit it was GREAT.

Yes, only Maxima can wear this.
Bye Bine
Old 10-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Aristocracy

The shoes from Sergio Rossi:

Designer: Sergio Rossi
Old 10-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsessan View Post
I'm in the "I love the whole outfit, just not the sleeves" camp. And I agree that only Maxima can pull something like this off.
I'm there with you. I love the whole thing.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Disaster- Looks like Big Bird died on her head!
Old 10-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal
Big bird's yellow...
Old 10-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Well, maybe not Big Bird, but definitely a large sized bird, with big, long feathers . Wowzahs, but as someone pointed out, only Maxima could pull something like this off.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
Big bird's yellow...
Big Bird's green relative then......
Old 10-23-2012, 12:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

I actually liked the outfit. On anyone else it would have looked awful but Maxima is the right woman to pull it off. She has the personality for it.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

when you have a big personality simplicity is best imo, it all becomes so loud
Old 10-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Courtier

I love that Maxima lets her personality show in her clothes. She seems to be enjoying her life every bit of it always smiling or crying showing her emotions.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:58 AM
Courtier

The outfit is okay and the caramel top with the black skirt is an interesting combination. I would have preferred a smart jacket to bring the two shades together. However, the sleeves of the blouse are absolutely awful and very "home made" looking. Unfortunately the feather hat does not compliment this look at all.

Tags
daytime fashion, dutch, maxima fashion, princess maxima, princess maxima daytime fashion, princess maxima fashion, the netherlands