The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Serene Highness

I like the dress! It's not flashy, and the print is understated. Plus, it's classic Max.

As for the polish, we're looking too closely at everything. It doesn't really make a difference one way or t'other.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Yesterday, September 24, Crown Princess Máxima has been at the United Nations in New York, wearing a combination in silver-grey. It looked nice except for the hair clip

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Side view **

Old 09-25-2012, 04:42 AM
Majesty

I think that Maxima looks quite lovely, and I don't mind the hair clip.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:54 AM
Courtier

I am not a great fan of leopard print and this shapeless dress with the black hose does not suit Princess Maxima at all.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I was surprise t see this photo:
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Uden
her nails look lke she did herself and thecolour peeloff in some parts!
Not herself.... it looks like her younger daughter did it
Old 09-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't care for the shiny skirt. It looks like plastic. I also think she could have done better than that plastic clip to hold her hair back.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

On a positive note, Maxima's hairstyle is really flattering; I like that sleek but not overly fussy style. Unfrotunately, it's not nearly enough to compensate for the contender of "The Most Boring Top in History" title, and as for the skirt, it can be charitably described as horrid, trashy, overly-shine and plastic.

Then again, Maxima's smile is enough (for me) to forgive any kind of fashion faux pas she may make.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

She's at the UN and she has that hair clip weird IMO Hilary Clinton wear one as well it is and was totally slammed and this is no different and I really don't like the shoes or the skirt.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

i hope she buries the shiny silver skirt deep back in her wardrobe. but... who can blame her: at the end of the day, she is meeting the high representatives of the UN, because of her own merits, and being the only woman. she's the proof that what you do is worth millions more than how you dress. would you really prefer her dressing perfectly to just be there cutting ribbons?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the silver and grey outfit was very nice and liked the whole look. I didn't notice the clip until it was pointed out --very BAD. but you only see it from the side.
Her hair looks fine, she looks "real", authentic.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Not herself.... it looks like her younger daughter did it
i can imagine the girls playing manicure with mammy! it is hilarious!i think she one of the princess he can not care less about fashion! she does what the job require butthats it regarding dressing!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

I really like the grey outfit. Its flattering IMO and elegant. Ill take a plastic hair clip over her messy non groomed look anyday!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the top and the skirt individually; just not together for a daytime event.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Yesterday, September 24, Crown Princess Máxima has been at the United Nations in New York, wearing a combination in silver-grey. It looked nice except for the hair clip

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Side view **
Nice outfit for Maxima, I never had greater expectations from her.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Máxima visiting Qredits microfinance and the pension market for entrepreneurs in Amersfoort today, September 28, 2012., wearing a blue top and dark grey pants:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** Shoes **
Old 09-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

This outfit makes her look huge IMO which she is not the trousers are a really unflattering cut and the blue is too "blue" for the grey IMO I don't like it.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
This outfit makes her look huge IMO which she is not the trousers are a really unflattering cut and the blue is too "blue" for the grey IMO I don't like it.
ITA and the blue suede shoes and earrings are too matchy matchy.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Gentry

Notice how the trousers make her look huge, whereas the skirt makes her look slender and fit. I love the grey outfit. The blue blouse is fine and would have looked fine with a skirt. With trousers it looks really unflattering.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Majesty

I like the shade of blue, but I wish she wore another color of shoes (black or grey would have worked). The slacks make her look rather wide, which she's not. It is indeed not a very flattering choice of attire.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:08 PM
Royal Highness

She looks good ,, always princess Maxima not so good in outfits choices ,, always she choose outfits give her huge look ,,, but she looks good & nice ,,, not bad choice . Thanx for posting .

Tags
daytime fashion, dutch, maxima fashion, princess maxima, princess maxima daytime fashion, princess maxima fashion, the netherlands