Crown Princess Máxima's Daytime Fashion, Part 10: May 2012 - November 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don´t like the outfit, and the hat is awful, IMO. Too over the top, even for her.:ermm:

Good lord, another Maxima-only outfit. Too loud for me and I feel sorry for that poor bird that died on her head.

When I red the comments I expected something terrible as I didn´t see the arrival, but I have to admit, I love the dress. I think it´s great - different and great. Yesterday I thought she is going to visit the carneval of Rio....

Empress Merel said:
Oh my god. The hat. The sleeves...

That is one ugly mess.

I agree with you. I hoped she would pull out that was similar to what she wore for the Cambridge wedding, that was a very nice look for her.

It really was.
When she dresses well, she really hits it out of the park. But she can mess up so badly.

Empress Merel said:
It really was.
When she dresses well, she really hits it out of the park. But she can mess up so badly.

That is very true. She is one of those who goes to extremes on either end of the spectrum.

Maxima was kind of brave to wear that outfit but the result was good!
It is not as boring as the ones chosen by fellow hereditary princesses (and queens) and gives her a nice silhouette!
Colours remind me of autumn so they do fit!

Last edited:
Crazy fascinator and funny sleeves aside, this dress looked good on Maxima. I agree, it made her silhuette look great, I was amazed to see how slim her waist looked, for example!

If Maxima's dress didn't have those funny sleeves I would have liked this outfit as it suited her figure. I didn't even mind the fascinator although I would not have wanted to be sat behind her!

Oh gosh that it one horrible outfit! The sleeves, the shoes, the color combination, the hat, are terrible!

overall i think she looks ftastic, i dont like the hat or shoes, but the dress and colour i like and the ensamble is very well put together, and make her slim too!

Overall I love this as well I think the sleeves are a bit much with the gorgeous hat which I am totally in love with .. IMO if you can't have a bit of fun at a weeding were can you you in fashion terms I MEAN.

Every inch of this outfit was really great. Again, the sleeves on the top are classic elements, the fit of the clothes was marvelous, and the accessories were classic Maxima - big and bold and fun.

Loved the hat. The outfit is uniquely Maxima,

AdmirerUs, you really nailed it with your comments! But I have to say that the hat makes me sick when I see it. This outfit is just way too over the top even for Maxima, IMHO.

If anyone else wore the outfit and especially the hat, I'd be wondering about their sanity, or though they wanting to steal the limelight.
But the entire look is so Maxima! Unusual, quirky, mismatched but somehow, miraculously working for me. Only Maxima could pull it off.

If anyone else wore the outfit and especially the hat, I'd be wondering about their sanity, or though they wanting to steal the limelight.
But the entire look is so Maxima! Unusual, quirky, mismatched but somehow, miraculously working for me. Only Maxima could pull it off.
No, I don't think she can pull it off. It's just that I am used to seeing her dressed awfully over the top at big royal events, so it's not a surprise anymore. Actually I am more surprised when she dresses well (like at the Cambridge wedding).
I always wonder what a person who dresses like Maxima thinks: Anything goes, as long as I gain attention? At the Swedish christening the brightest Red you can find and now this. Unappealing.

Just for fun I would like to see Kate, Mary or Letizia in such an outfit. I am quite sure they would look more elegant than Maxima. Excessive but elegant. Not excessive and sloppy like Maxima.

Last edited:
I'm in the "I love the whole outfit, just not the sleeves" camp. And I agree that only Maxima can pull something like this off.

I like the colour of the blouse and the earrings. Pity that it is not a dress in one colour.

The sleeves are rediculous and the hat, she might as well have planted a whole pheasant on her head.

Watching Maxima in the video made me really appreciate her. I don't think she is trying to steal attention, I think she is just into it.
She cries (a lot!) at weddings, and seems to be IN the moment, instead of playing to the cameras. Just my impression.

Just awful. I suppose the hat ensured that Willem-Alexander never lost her in the crowd of guests. It reminds me of when you're on a guided tour and the person leading you walks along with a sign in the air so you can follow on.

Her outfit isn't bad at all.I love the combination of colors.
I too think that she has a nice silhouette
The negative points are the sleeves,hat and shoes.

Oh, how dull and dreary these royal gatherings will be without Maxima's sometimes quirky and fun fashion statements! :winkiss: Although I don't always personally like what she wears, her choices are a joy to follow... and I bet all the photographers will agree with me.

I am not usually a fan of how Maxima dresses, but I have to admit that on this occassion, I felt the whole ensemble demonstrated panache, and really did work for her. That said, I am not sure it was suitable for a wedding, perhaps Ascot?

EIIR said:
Just awful. I suppose the hat ensured that Willem-Alexander never lost her in the crowd of guests. It reminds me of when you're on a guided tour and the person leading you walks along with a sign in the air so you can follow on.

I loved her hat! It was very vintage-looking and a great statement piece.

On Maxima can pull off this look.

I loved her hat! It was very vintage-looking and a great statement piece.

I loooved the hat, too - and the combination with the jewels, the hair and the make-up. Phantastic.
The dress combination on its own would not have been so good - as a standalone dress. But in this combination with the rest of the outfit it was GREAT.

Yes, only Maxima can wear this.
Bye Bine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom