Crown Princess Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2007 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked so much her sunglasses and the white jacket posted by HM above :flowers:

The jacket is so very obviously meant to be worn as part of a suit with a skirt that it doesn't look right with pants.
I have no idea why she chooses a jacket with such short sleeves for Oman, covering her bare arms only infrequently with a shawl?
The Jackie Kennedy sunglasses from yesterday seem out of place to me too. Might be nice in private (if you like the style, which I don't - it makes her round face even rounder), but not for an engagement during an official trip to a foreign country.

Yes,it's much more interesting and feminine with the skirt.
This type of sunglasses are all time classic,I think that you can never go wrong when wearing a pair like that :flowers:

Yes I agree the jacket is lovely with the skirt. I like the white from the day before. I love those Prada sunglasses Mary had them in violet they seem to suit all face shapes. The brown or rather it looks brown to me are also glamorous. Wish I had all of them.

I love this jacket. I agree with Her_Majesty. It looks 100% better with the skirt. The color of the pants is nice, but the cut of the pants is not the most flattering for her figure.

Maxima very often looks messy in her appearance, either it's the hair, the makeup etc. and it ruins the outfit - even when the clothes were okay, good or very nice.

I like the Marc Jacobs dress. The colors are really pretty, especially the orange. I was not crazy about her shoes, though. I think a less-strappy shoe would have looked nicer.

Most of Maxima's choices during this trip have been unoriginal/unispiring, IMO. But thats ok

she had a lot of changes of clothing this time and a lot of white, i love it! and no hats:sad:

Arrival in Abu Dhabi, 18.01.2009
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2009/PPE09011806.jpg
Maxima is wearing a (off-)white dress with a matching coat.

IMO the dress/coat very flattering for her, but a tad to short for a offical visit to a muslim country

Later that day she attendet a seminar on water and sustainable develepment
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2009/PPE09011846.jpg

I love the coat and shoes, and that white suit with the black necklace looks fantastic! This is one of the best daytime looks I have seen her wear during this trip (IMO).

I liked the white coat and the beige clutch she was holding :flowers:

Most of Maxima's choices during this trip have been unoriginal/unispiring, IMO. But thats ok

I wish she could "pull herself" together more. She has a tendency to look sloppy at times. Her first white slack outfit, the slacks did not fit her well at all. The crotch area reminded me of the gold pantsuit that was so unflattering on her. Her hair just floors me how it is just hanging in her face. She can look so lovely, then at times she just does not looked like a CP should look at all. You see Mathlide who is always so pulled together, has much of the same style as Maxima. It is like day and night. Mathlide is always so well groomed, her hair is beautiful, then here comes Maxima looking like something the wind just blew in. I grow more disappointed with her as time goes on. She has the money to have clothes fitted properly. She should take full advantage of it. Her hair...well I think that is just a lost cause. She does not seem to care at all. :cool:

Oh,so this is the coat that I thought it was white.Thanks for the clarification,HM :flowers: It's really beautiful with the beige clutch,but not with this necklace.It's too "heavy" :rolleyes:

Looks to me Maxima was carrying two purses, one with a leopard-print flap and another brown one in her hand with scarf.

I liked Maxima's blouse in the first picture.It's cute and it would be great to wear such pieces in spring.But in the second picture I didn't like her outfit at all.And the color looks too "old",if you know what I mean.But it's just my opinion.

I agree with you dee those white pants had serious and as also well photographed issues and she does look off but she always appears thrilled to be where ever it is she is and people respond to that. So whilst I am in total favour of Maxima pulling it together I think this may be her. The clothes are often not the best choices but that she can do something about.

I really like this pink coat. The shape and color are beautiful!

Maxima's outfits in Abu Dhabi have been elegent IMO and prefer the choices to the Oman visit. The skirt suit worn in Dubai (which was a recycle) was one of th ebest on the trip. The white coat while arriving to Abu Dhabi was beautiful so was the pink but looked abit small and the hat was abit too much but overall looked wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom