Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 2: July 2008 - February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that Letizia has a really large collection of short evening dresses, more than any other crown princess, correct me if I an wrong, yet I see Mary, maxima having just as large casual or formal wear, yet less evening wear

I don't think Letizia has a larger collection of short evening dresses, but she did attend more evening events with cocktail dresses than the other CPsses.

I like the wide-leg pants on Letizia, so much better than the skinny-leg. Both jacket and pants are recycled. I think the pants were from Adolfo Dominguez, first worn to an opera with the Queen and Felipe in 2003.

http://i34.tinypic.com/242swmb.jpg

More pics: ANP Beeldbank ANP Beeldbank

I thought that pants from 2003 were much skinnier than these ones? I may be wrong though...

I love this look overall (although to be honest the pants I could take or leave) I feel like we are seeing a whole new Letizia!

I like the wide-leg pants on Letizia, so much better than the skinny-leg. Both jacket and pants are recycled. I think the pants were from Adolfo Dominguez, first worn to an opera with the Queen and Felipe in 2003.

http://i34.tinypic.com/242swmb.jpg

I can't recall these pants, are they knew? The 2003 pants had a similar style but weren't shiny:
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/letiziarchive/20031103_Concert/DWF15-473372.jpg

I like the outfit a lot but wish Letizia had acutally recycled the 2003 pants as I am not a fan of the shiny style. The wide-leg pants look so much better than skinny pants and compared to the 2007 outifit (black skinny pants with Michael-Jackson-style jacket) 2008 is a winner.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

I really like that shinny tinny troussers although I would prefer to see her in a beautiful dress, she has lots of beautiful dresses :flowers:

i think the shiny bootleg style trousers are new but the jacket and the blouse are recycled - im not sure whether the black velvet jacket and the satin trousers work

She looks gorgeous!!! I'm loving her curls. I like how she and Mary are in a curl phase with their hair.

The jacket is black? It's a repeat from El Prado Museum extension opening, there combined with a long black skirt, on Oct 30 2007 - Halloween, it clearly shows in the picture :witch:

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007/10/30/cena-reyes-prado/imgs/cena-prado3a.jpg

You misunderstood what i meant - i know that the velvet jacket is black and so are the satin trousers but what i was trying to explain is in my opinion combining the two different materials didnt quite work

You misunderstood what i meant - i know that the velvet jacket is black adn so are the satin trousers but what i was trying to esplain is in my opinion combining the two different materials didnt quite work

Yes I did sorry I actually read "violet" instead of "velvet" :rolleyes:

I agree non-shiny pants would have looked nicer with the jacket.

IMO the jacket looks great with jeans as we could see on Inaki's 40th birthday:
http://i31.tinypic.com/219wjk5.jpg

This grey lace dress is gorgeus.
lne
I love the dress, but in this picture it makes Letizia's figure look rather strange. :whistling:

Duke of Marmelade said:
The shoes are probably the worst ever :eek:
No way!
This shoes are really lovely!

I liked Letizia's outfit and make-up alot.. I just wish she did somethng better with her hair.
All in all she looked great.

Perfectly ugly shoes :sick:, very weird kind of support in the bust area :ermm:, but a most beautiful dress :).

Letizia seems to have her act together with her daytime hair-dos, but for evening events, she must be calling in a hairdresser who has absolutely no idea what he/she is doing.
Besides hideous hairdos, Letizia seems to have a gallon of hair-spray on her head and her hair ends up looking fried and dried out. That effect plus the awfull hairdo does do her or her evening outfits or tiaras (if she is wearing one) any justice.

I think that Letizia looks a little different, because she has gained a few kilos, she was much skinnier in July than now. That is clearly seen in many photos. She is so tiny that 2 or 3 kilos makes a big change.
I like her hairdo today, it goes very well with the dress.

I think that Letizia looks a little different, because she has gained a few kilos, she was much skinnier in July than now. That is clearly seen in many photos. She is so tiny that 2 or 3 kilos makes a big change.
You are so right....that's why, now more than ever, I am convinced that her nose operation (to help with the breathing) was the right decision. In hindsight, she probably should have it done sooner IMO.

the outfit is great. the bag is to die for. not so fond about the shoes, but they do no harm :)

great choice, but definitely not my prince of asturias favourite (the 2004 beige outfit was the best one, by far).

I love the dress, but in this picture it makes Letizia's figure look rather strange. :whistling:

No way!
This shoes are really lovely!

I liked Letizia's outfit and make-up alot.. I just wish she did somethng better with her hair.
All in all she looked great.

I agree with you, I love the dress and the shoes are great. She looks great.

Well, I'm maybe too keen on the platform shoes, but the platformness aside they're a great style.
I like her bag too.
I love that the strapless lining dress is satin-y, and I really like the colour of the dress, it looks especially great in the pictures of the 3 of them.
The make-up & jewellery are both great too!

Love the grey dress on Letizia! This is a great look for her.

Letizia ....absolutly fantastic really

The dress is very pretty, but I think that she should have left the necklace at home. There is too much going on in the neck area, with the lace combined with the necklace.

It's a wonderful dress! Her style is stunning, the make-up & jewellary are both great!

It isnt a bad dress at all IMO. Is it Prada? Prada has used very similar lace in its fall collection. I like the color of it but im not to convinced of the corset/lining underneth the dress, doesnt look like it fits well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom